Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It saddens me to see so many posts showing so little respect for the defense lawyers in this case. When a post in this forum mentioned the disqualified judge, tempers flared and a thread was closed. Many felt calling him a disqualified judge was disrespectful, although the term disqualified is clearly in a statute of Florida law. There have been a number of posts, not only in this thread, but in many others that are highly disrespectful and bordering on derogatory towards the defense lawyers. I realize we are all entitled to our own opinions, and many may have very low opinions of the defense lawyers, but does any poster here really believe that a child could put up a better legal strategy than CM and AL? Does any poster here really believe we should fall back to the 1800’s form a mob and get a rope? When any poster makes any kind of remark, even made in a respectful way, that shows LE, the prosecution, the prosecution friendly press people, or the court system, in a negative light, they are immediately and generally in large numbers met with opposing views. The same thing happens when anyone posts anything about the docs, statements etc. that may look bad for the prosecution. What generally ends up happening is someone gets timed out or banned, thread gets closed and whatever point that may look bad for the prosecution gets lost by the wayside. It may have been a legitimate point, and it may end up being a real problem for the prosecution during the trial. Because the thread was closed, and we never looked into it, we will be shocked at trial that we didn’t even talk about this point. Our toss rules say attack the post, not the poster, should the same rules not be true for those we talk about here that cannot defend themselves, should we not, attack the actions taken by the defense, not the lawyers themselves? I have respect for most of the Law and Order team, just as I respect most of the defense team. I think our whole forum loses out on valuable information when we do not show respect. Is it really that difficult to calmly and rationally debate differences of opinion, or does every thread that develops into a spirited debate have to turn into something akin to a barroom brawl where the bouncers (mods) have to start booting people, and close the bar (thread).

As for the legal defense strategies, JB seems to be continuing to strengthen his team. He started as KC’s lone attorney, and now has a team of very experienced lawyers. With the amount of experience these lawyers bring to the table, I am very confident they will be applying the best strategies that can be used in this case. They have a lot more knowledge about law in general than I or most posters have, and they have a lot more knowledge about what is going on in this case than any of us have. HHJP will not allow them to use strategies that will allow numerous appeals in this case, and they are well aware of that fact. I’m fairly certain they take that into consideration when they are drafting motions. They will not reveal what their overall strategy at trial will be until it comes time for the trial. What may seem totally foolish at this point, may come to light at trial as being a very savvy move. Do not be fooled by the defense’s antics, when the trial starts, you will be amazed by all the attorneys actions, on both sides of the courtroom. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Have they found those mystery men that helped push the vehicle into the parking lot by the dumpster?

I have ALWAYS wondered about "those guys"........................

I personally don't understand why there's a critiquing of posts.

If she was next to a gas station, why no just cash one of Amy's checks at the check cashing place? Not sure if they will cash one of these types of checks, but I do kind of feel like she used some sort of strategy when she left the car near the dumpster. KC does everything for reason. Kind of like Lee said. "She often starts a small irrelevant lie that leads to a much bigger lie down the road"
I don't think she had stolen the checks until July...just her cash- but don't know exactly when...lol.

With all due respect the time for defense to "step up to the plate" was July 2008 not to wait until trial. Trying to blame the person who found the body is not a good game plan because it makes Mr. John Q. Public feel that "there but for the grace of God go I". Not the best defense strategy by any means. Defense still has an uphill battle because KC was the child's mother. Pointing a finger at someone else does not mean she is not responsible, when that someone is impossible to find, along with all their family members, friends, employers, paper trail, records, phone records, last known address, etc., etc., etc.

As far as respect, if you want it don't give people so much to talk about. Do your job in a respectful manner and stay away from the media. When other defense attorneys criticize your performance you are "fair game". Life is a learning experience. If you are being criticized and don't like it, take those lessons and change for the better. With JB we see a little improvement but there is such a long, long, long way to go. Don't we all judge on performance, in our jobs, in our relationships, etc. If one does not listen and learn we a doomed to making the same mistakes over and over.

I don't think I have ever seen a post that suggested "getting a rope". What I have seen posted is that she deserved the DP. People may feel that way because they believe a child is dead by the very hand that was suppose to protect her. jmo

It saddens me to see so many posts showing so little respect for the defense lawyers in this case. When a post in this forum mentioned the disqualified judge, tempers flared and a thread was closed. Many felt calling him a disqualified judge was disrespectful, although the term disqualified is clearly in a statute of Florida law. There have been a number of posts, not only in this thread, but in many others that are highly disrespectful and bordering on derogatory towards the defense lawyers. I realize we are all entitled to our own opinions, and many may have very low opinions of the defense lawyers, but does any poster here really believe that a child could put up a better legal strategy than CM and AL? Does any poster here really believe we should fall back to the 1800’s form a mob and get a rope? When any poster makes any kind of remark, even made in a respectful way, that shows LE, the prosecution, the prosecution friendly press people, or the court system, in a negative light, they are immediately and generally in large numbers met with opposing views. The same thing happens when anyone posts anything about the docs, statements etc. that may look bad for the prosecution. What generally ends up happening is someone gets timed out or banned, thread gets closed and whatever point that may look bad for the prosecution gets lost by the wayside. It may have been a legitimate point, and it may end up being a real problem for the prosecution during the trial. Because the thread was closed, and we never looked into it, we will be shocked at trial that we didn’t even talk about this point. Our toss rules say attack the post, not the poster, should the same rules not be true for those we talk about here that cannot defend themselves, should we not, attack the actions taken by the defense, not the lawyers themselves? I have respect for most of the Law and Order team, just as I respect most of the defense team. I think our whole forum loses out on valuable information when we do not show respect. Is it really that difficult to calmly and rationally debate differences of opinion, or does every thread that develops into a spirited debate have to turn into something akin to a barroom brawl where the bouncers (mods) have to start booting people, and close the bar (thread).

As for the legal defense strategies, JB seems to be continuing to strengthen his team. He started as KC’s lone attorney, and now has a team of very experienced lawyers. With the amount of experience these lawyers bring to the table, I am very confident they will be applying the best strategies that can be used in this case. They have a lot more knowledge about law in general than I or most posters have, and they have a lot more knowledge about what is going on in this case than any of us have. HHJP will not allow them to use strategies that will allow numerous appeals in this case, and they are well aware of that fact. I’m fairly certain they take that into consideration when they are drafting motions. They will not reveal what their overall strategy at trial will be until it comes time for the trial. What may seem totally foolish at this point, may come to light at trial as being a very savvy move. Do not be fooled by the defense’s antics, when the trial starts, you will be amazed by all the attorneys actions, on both sides of the courtroom. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

For my saying jokingly the good ole boys in Texas would say Get a Rope, it is derived from a funny commercial here in Texas that has nothing to do with criminal cases.Out of context and used here, it is misguided and reckless. For that remark, I am sorry and I will never joke with it again. As to your question do any of honestly think a child could write better motions, yes, I do, unfortunately. A elementary student knows to research and proofread. This defense has been a utter train wreck, imo, and in the opinion of many, many, many lawyers locally and nationally who have enumerated the glaring missteps. Guess who one of them is....Cheney Mason!! Often the very cases Baez sites in his documents prove the opposite of what he is arguing. I could make you a list of 1-100 mistakes, but in general...if they had the proof of her innocence that they have claimed to have, they would have released it in discovery or to the press, you can bet your life on that. We can agree to disagree, it is the wonderful thing about being Americans. Hugs and Salutes to all of the kids fighting for freedoms in our military, as we speak..all around the world!!

shhhh: Do you know Mr. Mason's record of success? Most of his clients are convicted. If you don't believe me, ask the most recent one, iirc, he is sitting on death row. Nevertheless, again, we can agree to disagree, it is the wonderful thing about being Americans. Hugs and Salutes to all of the kids fighting for freedoms in our military, as we speak..all around the world!! That is one thing we can all agree on.

With all due respect the time for defense to "step up to the plate" was July 2008 not to wait until trial. Trying to blame the person who found the body is not a good game plan because it makes Mr. John Q. Public feel that "there but for the grace of God go I". Not the best defense strategy by any means. Defense still has an uphill battle because KC was the child's mother. Pointing a finger at someone else does not mean she is not responsible, when that someone is impossible to find, along with all their family members, friends, employers, paper trail, records, phone records, last known address, etc., etc., etc.

As far as respect, if you want it don't give people so much to talk about. Do your job in a respectful manner and stay away from the media. When other defense attorneys criticize your performance you are "fair game". Life is a learning experience. If you are being criticized and don't like it, take those lessons and change for the better. With JB we see a little improvement but there is such a long, long, long way to go. Don't we all judge on performance, in our jobs, in our relationships, etc. If one does not listen and learn we a doomed to making the same mistakes over and over.

I don't think I have ever seen a post that suggested "getting a rope". What I have seen posted is that she deserved the DP. People may feel that way because they believe a child is dead by the very hand that was suppose to protect her. jmo

BBM

LC great post. Thank you so very much!

As to the bolding, it is just like that famous Einstein quote.

Insanity; repeating the same thing over and over; again and again but expecting different results.

Good grief, I can help you Mr. Baez, on my lunch break I can venture a guess.
OK then Jose..here you go...
We plan to use the fact that little baby Caylee was under twelve years of age
. We plan to enter into evidence her birth certificate, a ten year calender, photos of her two birthday celebrations and sworn testimony that indeed she was two when your client killed her,allegedly.

We plan to prove that she was in the care of one of her parents.
The defendant's own father has testified under oath to the grand jury that the last time anyone in your client's family saw baby Caylee was when pop saw the pair of them leaving the home on the 16th. We intend to call pop to the stand, we are fully prepared to impeach him should he somehow forget his testimony. We plan to submit for the jury's consideration, the very, very clear fact that the child was not with her when she and boyfriend Tony were wrapped together at Blockbuster. We certainly plan to prove that the baby was at some point in the trunk. The tow yard's security will testify that the car was not tampered with during the time it was in their care. The baby's body was decomposed in items that appear to a reasonable degree of certainty to have come from the Anthony family home, the blanket the hamper, the specialized kind of Henkel duct tape, the garbage bags. Sir even the child's pull ups match the pull ups found in the baby's things at the home and or car. She was alive in her mother's care, and then never seen or heard from again, despite your clients lie about Caylee phoning her . We will be introducing into evidence the phone records, which each and every incoming and outgoing call can be accounted for and none are of any would be lovely, young , straight haired, perfect teeth and perfect ten...Zanny. So yes, Mr. Baez..there are some clues for you. We will be calling pop, Tony, CSI and FBI experts, tow yard officials.

The state only needs one aggravating factor. Next question Mr. Baez.....
By the way sir where, pray tell, is your reciprocal discovery?

I think these highly experienced prosecutors have been asked for this many times over the years, and know full well what is and is not required of them. The proper time to ask for this was...let's see..immediately after the death penalty was added. When was that, not November 2009, when they did get around to asking for it, by any stretch of the imagination. Did they subsequently file another motion, or did they really wait for another half of a year to bring it up again? Six months!!! This reminds me of them making an appointment to view the TES records, canceled, never rescheduled for over eight months!!!
You just can't make this stuff up!!

Supreme Law Library : Court Cases : U.S.A. v. Vroman : courtpar

A Bill of Particulars, unlike most criminal discovery devices, directly implicates the Sixth Amendment's guarantee of the right to make a vigorous and prepared defense in a criminal case. See, United States v. Tanner, supra, 279 F.Supp.
www.supremelaw.org/cc/vroman/courtpar.htm

Problem is, the state hasn't even said any of those things. There is no gaurantee the state is going to use any of those points, especially the trunk. There is a hint that they are not going to go with Ga story, since Burdick mentioned June 15th. But yeah it sure would be nice if the state would do what you just did so the defense has some idea what they are going to defend against. IMO

For my saying jokingly the good ole boys in Texas would say Get a Rope, it is derived from a funny commercial here in Texas that has nothing to do with criminal cases.Out of context and used here, it is misguided and reckless. For that remark, I am sorry and I will never joke with it again. As to your question do any of honestly think a child could write better motions, yes, I do, unfortunately. A elementary student knows to research and proofread. This defense has been a utter train wreck, imo, and in the opinion of many, many, many lawyers locally and nationally who have enumerated the glaring missteps. Guess who one of them is....Cheney Mason!! Often the very cases Baez sites in his documents prove the opposite of what he is arguing. I could make you a list of 1-100 mistakes, but in general...if they had the proof of her innocence that they have claimed to have, they would have released it in discovery or to the press, you can bet your life on that. We can agree to disagree, it is the wonderful thing about being Americans. Hugs and Salutes to all of the kids fighting for freedoms in our military, as we speak..all around the world!!

shhhh: Do you know Mr. Mason's record of success? Most of his clients are convicted. If you don't believe me, ask the most recent one, iirc, he is sitting on death row. Nevertheless, again, we can agree to disagree, it is the wonderful thing about being Americans. Hugs and Salutes to all of the kids fighting for freedoms in our military, as we speak..all around the world!! That is one thing we can all agree on.

Thank you for acknowledging and saying you wont use "get a rope" as a joke anymore. The whole Lynchmob thing scares the daylights out of me.

I am not sure how bashing the defense and saying a first grader can proof read is productive to figureing out their strategy. They may not be the best defense money can buy, but it is what we have for a defense, so we have to deal with what we have. We do not know their strategy and we do not know what they know. Many have said that Kc knows exactly what happened. Well if that is true, then the defense knows the truth. Thats a heck of an advantage don't ya think?

I have a lot of fun watching sleuthers bash the defense, I admit it can be very very funny even when it was meant to be serious, but all in all, I find it to be counter productive to both sides to bash either side. That is my opinion.

ps If posters can come up with a good reason why we should bash either side, and I mean derogatory remarks, then I am willing to listen and may change my mind about the whole bashing and bad mouthing thing. Please post thoughts about it. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname