Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

Just saw the CA: Where the True Lies Peacock Documentary (2022). Note that I have never really followed the case to any extent before - other than being aware of this (like almost everyone else on the planet) on at least a peripheral basis off & on from 2008 - 2011. And, other than just seeing this doc. & also recently looking at a time-line of the case - I haven't done any other research and/or read up on this to any great extent.

-It's interesting that this case got so much attention when the news first broke back in 2008. You would think something like this would definitely make local news, but for it to go "viral" was somewhat extraordinary. Not to downplay the horrific nature of this case/crime....but, as everyone who follows TC knows - crimes that are equally horrific happen all of the time everywhere, and rarely do they get any kind of media coverage.

-IMHO it's really impossible to know what to believe. I'm not even going to speculate on what actually happened here.

-I do find it interesting that it took so long for CA to be found. I.e., if we are to believe that CA was missing for a month when this was first reported to the authorities in mid-July 2008, then she was missing from mid-June - on. And, the body was found in mid-December 2008...a full six months later. And, it wasn't even found by the authorities - but by a utility worker. It doesn't even look like that area was searched to any extent (if at all) prior to the discovery, either - despite it being a relatively short distance from CA's house. This is despite the fact that this case got international media attention almost from the beginning.

That all being said, this doesn't surprise me at all. I.e., in a lot of other MP cases, it sometimes takes years before anything turns up - sometimes by accident. And, in other cases - nothing is ever found.

FWIW, here's the time-line:

Last edited:
Interestingly, a forensic psychiatrist named Keith Ablow who was an occasional guest commentator during the trial, wrote a book shortly afterward based on his theory that the real killer was George Anthony. This was the only other time I can remember anyone suggesting this.
I liked his book on Scott Peterson but otherwise, he’s pretty out there.

My take on Casey is that she was spoiled and faced no consequences growing up. Add that to a sociopathic type personality, and that is real trouble.
I have to say that if I had done something like this, my parents would have been furious and in a rage with me, and would not have allowed me to live in their home, let alone lie for me on a witness stand, or sit in court listening to one of them being accused of molestation.
When I hear the 'jailhouse tapes' and how Cindy and George treated Casey like a little princess, I simply have no understanding. Instead of demanding to know what she did with Caylee, they all seem to act as though someone else is responsible. They keep dancing around the 'car smelling like a dead body', they didn't even question her about it on those tapes. Yet both George and Cindy were at that tow yard and knew the truth.
Also have to say that I have a sociopathic/psychopathic brother, which took me quite some time to realize. He would lie right to your face and blame another person for what he had done, or stolen. By the time I found out what he really was, and what he was capable of, it was much too late.
So I fully believe Casey is Guilty. Someone mentioned something about her bodyguard knowing she is Guilty, does anyone know where I can read up on that?
I’d love a link too. The Facebook page is super long so it’s hard to find any specific comments.

I agree that Casey was spoiled. But I also think her mother was controlling as well. Sort of harsh with Casey about many things but super protective and refused to believe that her angel could ever do anything wrong, is someone else accused her kid.

IMO, Cindy Anthony was all about appearances. I mean she absolutely knew her child was pregnant and just ignored that. That attitude created a liar, I think.

And when Caylee was born, Caylee usurped Casey’s position as the princess of the family and Cindy was likely more critical and demanding of Casey.

IMO, Casey began to resent Caylee, wanted to punish her parents for loving Caylee and having expectations of Casey, now that she had a kid, and most of all, Casey was desperate to be with this new guy who didn’t want kids, and who she couldn’t spend a ton of time with as her parents were getting tired of babysitting.

I’ll never forget in those jail tapes how her parents were basically wishing they could go back and pleading with Casey “We’ll babysit for you, whatever you want.”, I think realizing that she had gotten rid of Caylee for the reasons I stated above. But it was too late.

I'm stunned that Casey texted Cindy requesting items of hers from the Anthony home, among them Caylee's ashes, and Cindy texted back that she will never let Caylee's ashes go, then said that Casey dumped Caylee's body in those woods and does not deserve to have her ashes. It is all Cindy has left of her.
(From 'Casey Anthony's Parents: The Lie Detector Test')
Very eye-opening that Cindy actually admitted this.

I'm stunned that Casey texted Cindy requesting items of hers from the Anthony home, among them Caylee's ashes, and Cindy texted back that she will never let Caylee's ashes go, then said that Casey dumped Caylee's body in those woods and does not deserve to have her ashes. It is all Cindy has left of her.
(From 'Casey Anthony's Parents: The Lie Detector Test')
Very eye-opening that Cindy actually admitted this.

I think she is finally seeing the truth about Casey. Imo

These 2 clearly loved Caylee

I somewhat understand Cindy believing Casey for first 31 days that Caycee wasn't missing, and that she was just being kept from them, but I can't believe it's taken 15 years for Cindy to finally admit that Casey did it.

Casey is a destroyer.

I haven't seen the Casey documentary. I need to watch that at some point, if I can stomach it.

I'm sad for George, he's been a neutered man and lived a life with those accusations hanging over him.

I haven't seen the Casey documentary. I need to watch that at some point, if I can stomach it.

I'm sad for George, he's been a neutered man and lived a life with those accusations hanging over him.
Thank God the lie detector test showed that he is speaking the truth about all the accusations against him.
Shame on Casey! I think she is looking for attention and sympathy, playing the victim still.

Casey is totally evil to do what she has done to George. So glad they did this polygraph. She thought she could just say anything she wanted, and nobody would ever question it. I hope that the truth discovered in this program tonight will receive as much coverage as her lies did.

Casey made a really big mistake, she could have just disappeared and moved on with her life but she had to come back and poke the bear by reminding everyone what a piece of sh** she is. She never deserved Caylee.

I just watched the special on George and Cindy. For those saying that Cindy finally has come to see what Casey really did, she has not! Cindy still believes that Caylee accidentally drowned. She does think Casey did the cover-up. George believes that Casey over-sedated Caylee, causing her death. The show just made me sad. George and Cindy are not perfect people, but they certainly loved little Caylee.

I think she is finally seeing the truth about Casey. Imo

These 2 clearly loved Caylee
Casey is totally evil to do what she has done to George. So glad they did this polygraph. She thought she could just say anything she wanted, and nobody would ever question it. I hope that the truth discovered in this program tonight will receive as much coverage as her lies did.
Thank God the lie detector test showed that he is speaking the truth about all the accusations against him.
Shame on Casey! I think she is looking for attention and sympathy, playing the victim still.

It was good to see that Cindy has seen the light. Finally! The pain Casey has caused her parents is unbelievable. She will face consequences at some point.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back