Casey Anthony's Written Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty G, WOW. Thank you so much for all you do to make this case and all that goes along with it so accessible. You are such a sweetheart for doing this. It is hard work.

Thank you,
Tricia

Has LE spoken to this Jeff Hopkins about the "nanny"????

Documnet #2, page 54 you will see the script of what was said during the interview. As far as I can tell, LE did not ask about the Nanny based on the fact Jeff told LE "he never met Caylee" and hadn't seen Casey in years until Jeff ran into Casey while at the Orlando Ale House,

The only thing truthful in this written statement is Caylees date of birth. We know for a fact, that Caylee was with Cindy on June 15th.

Casey says she dropped her off on the 9th, spoke to Zenaida on the 12th, then got a one minute call from Caylee on July 15th.

If she did not have contact with Caylee or Zany after June 9th, then how did Cindy get a hold of Caylee to take her to see Great Grandpa on June 15th???

The entire family was spewing the June 9th date when they gave their initial reports to police, and it wasn't until after her arrest that they changed the date to June 15th when the video came out.

Something is really wrong here. Casey is clearly making up a story to protect someone other than herself.

Why the 9th? Casey was adamant that was the last time she saw Caylee. Cindy said the 9th too, perhaps prompted by Casey's having said that, but you'd think a grandma who was afraid her grandbaby may have been taken away might remember the date. Casey apparently walked with Christina and Caylee a few days later and people saw Caylee 15thish and 16thish. Why did Caylee's mom want, or need, her disappearance to be earlier than it was? Why THAT lie? Maybe she just picked a date and stuck with it, but why not pick something closer to the truth? Needing to square with the truth doesn't seem like a particular requite to this one and maybe she just forgot, but this discrepancy really interests me. I'm just a beginning sleuth but I'm going to think about this one.

Some of the lies are just so obvious and verifiable that they defy belief that anyone would think they'd stand up to any investigation. For example, that she met the babysitter through Jeffery Hopkins who used her for his son Zachary -- the existence of a son is easily disproven. (Unless he was kidnapped, too!) If you need to lie about that, why not just say that you saw a poster up on a telephone pole or something like that? Sigh...

Some of the lies are just so obvious and verifiable that they defy belief that anyone would think they'd stand up to any investigation. For example, that she met the babysitter through Jeffery Hopkins who used her for his son Zachary -- the existence of a son is easily disproven. (Unless he was kidnapped, too!) If you need to lie about that, why not just say that you saw a poster up on a telephone pole or something like that? Sigh...

I don't think she's a planner. I think she's a talker. She doesn't protect herself from pregnancy, unless for some reason she wanted to get pregnant, but even then, she didn't really seem to know what would happen next. Apparently her parents didn't know she was pregnant for a long time into her pregnancy and she 'wanted' to put the baby up for adoption but didn't really seem to make any arrangements to do that. Then her mom talked her out of it and she let her. So, she became a mom but didn't really seem to know what to do after that. Instead of coming with school or career plans, she made up a job and apparently just kind of frittered the days as (unless she was into something dark or wild, which she could have been.) She didn't didn't seem to have a plan as to how she'd cover if her deception was exposed. But she did work hard at not working, writing e-mails, making up fake projects. It might almost have been easier to actually get that job, or keep it. She seemed to want to get away from her parents and might have been stealing and bumming rooms at friends and lovers to do it, but how was she going to cover or what was she going to do after? She didn't really seem to have that mapped out. Somehow Caylee went missing and she didn't report it but she didn't really come up with a good explanation or plan of action to deal with that either.

She's a proficient liar but she's not a particularly good or clever liar, not a particularly ambitious one. She's probably used to getting by. I think that's what she always done. That's probably what she feels comfortable with. She takes things as they come. If she needs to, she makes things up. She's cute. She doesn't have any problem getting guys (at least not until now.) She's not really happy with her life but doesn't really have concrete ideas on how to fix that. Now....

I thought it was TonE's room mate who gave the interview on Greta that said that Casey would leave each morning around 8:30 or 9 when he, Cliff, went to his classes. And now that we know she had so many "boyfirends", she could have been hanging out at anyone of their places during the day if she was not at home. Maybe that's why she slept with so many guys, so that they would give her free access to where they lived and she didn't have to go home all that often.

Very good observation, most definetly a possibility in terms of her daily activities when she was supposedly 'working'. I too thought she may have had a string of guys she'd use wherein she'd always have a place to go if the other one wasn't available-daytime nightime...she did not want to go back to her parents house so she found a way to survive in hopes of locking into one of these guys for a more permanent 'place to live'-away from her parents where her irresponsible ways were quite evident and the subject of many family arguments.

She may be a little off mentally but she's smart enough and calculating enough to be described as COY at least; her calculated actions to hide Caylee's absence from family, friends and LE for such a long period of time, show she isn't crazy enough to plead Insanity. Good luck Mr. Baez... It won't fly~

GOD COMFORT CAYLEE's LITTLE Soul. Everyone, please say prayers that Caylee is found soon.

Very good catch! My questions is, if she did not really have a job, where the heck was she and why din't LE pin her down on that? It did not seem that they did. She admitted she was lying about working at Universal, so, where was she?

If you read the interview transcript between Anthony Lazarro and the Detective, you find that Casey was there when he left and there when he returned home, making meals for him and cleaning. Anthony stated that though his classes were 9am - 1pm, he often didn't get home until 4 or 5pm because of labs and hanging with friends on campus.

So, what I got from that was perhaps she was at his house the whole time and he just didn't know it. I thought the detective alluded to that as well.

Why the 9th?

When this all first came out, didn't the grandmother say she was using the 9th because that was the previous Sunday and it was close to when she took a week off for her 50th birthday, etc? However, I always felt it strange that on the night of July 15th, Casey was saying 31 days and it doesn't take much to realize that would mean June 14th-16th if you thought about it.

Last night I mentioned that a LOT of the witness interviews mention June 9th and different things that happened that day. Part of me wonders if that wasn't the last Casey saw Caylee, but then that would implicate the grandparents and I have a hard time believing they were involved in something. It's very strange how June 9th pops up all over the place though and June 15th - June 17th is hardly mentioned.

I remember a handwriting analyzer was on this board at one time! I would be really interested in seeing an analysis of her writing.

i thought that right away! i always think there's a lot behind a person's writing style.

If you read the interview transcript between Anthony Lazarro and the Detective, you find that Casey was there when he left and there when he returned home, making meals for him and cleaning. Anthony stated that though his classes were 9am - 1pm, he often didn't get home until 4 or 5pm because of labs and hanging with friends on campus.

So, what I got from that was perhaps she was at his house the whole time and he just didn't know it. I thought the detective alluded to that as well.

When this all first came out, didn't the grandmother say she was using the 9th because that was the previous Sunday and it was close to when she took a week off for her 50th birthday, etc? However, I always felt it strange that on the night of July 15th, Casey was saying 31 days and it doesn't take much to realize that would mean June 14th-16th if you thought about it.

Last night I mentioned that a LOT of the witness interviews mention June 9th and different things that happened that day. Part of me wonders if that wasn't the last Casey saw Caylee, but then that would implicate the grandparents and I have a hard time believing they were involved in something. It's very strange how June 9th pops up all over the place though and June 15th - June 17th is hardly mentioned.

and you would think that casey herself would realize that if she was counting the days to the 1s (31, not a roudned number of 30), then she too would have said she dropped her off June 15th or 16th..but no. she says june 9th drpped caylee off, haven't seen her in 31 days. :waitasec:

well we all know she is a liar. so duh this is no surprise.

Bumping up

There is always truth in lies.

I have contacted Jeff Hopkins on several occasions to see if he had heard from or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.
True statement to the point that Casey knows a Jeff Hopkins.

I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter.
True statement, she probably never did check on the status or well-being of Caylee. Out of sight, out of mind.

I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back
True statement, but based on the first call to Casey parents from jail, she used the same words after writing this statement to LE on July 16th. It matters to Casey parents but not to Casey. Casey's words during that phone call "all everyone is worried about is Caylee.

I took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartments
At some point prior to Caylee gone missing, more than likely Casey took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartment Complex.

After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home.
In the above statement, I am taking out Zenaida and putting in Cindy and George based on the back to back phone calls to Casey's parents on June 16th.

With many and all attempts to contact Zenaida, and with the one short conversation, on June 12, 2008, I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter.
Again removing Zenaida, and add in Cindy and George phone calls on June 16th

Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter, or gain any information on where I can find her.
There is something in this statement, just can't pinpoint if Casey is thinking she can't ask her parents .... not sure.

Im with you Patty ... Im wondering about florida adoption laws etc. Is it possible that when Cindy (alledegedly) threatened to take custody of Caylee, Casey made other plans to allow someone else to take custody of her daughter ... something that required 30 days? I'm sifting through some Florida adoption law sites.

FYI: there is a Jennifer Rasa on Myspace. Private though. From New York, 26 years old.

She is not a "player" in the case, so I'm not going to post the link, but she's there, if anyone wants to look.

(no raquel farrel listed on myspace, at least not that exact spelling)
Even though a person has a private myspace account, you can still send a message to them. This is what I wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

I am a member of Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community online forum and have been following the Caylee Marie Anthony case. Are you familiar with the case? Casey Anthony, Caylee's mother, claims that her "nanny" Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee in June and that she had 2 roommates, Jennifer Rasa and Raquel Farrel (sp?).

Casey is a pathological liar, we know that. However, she claims that Zenaida was originally from NY.

Can you help us figure this out?

Thank you.

Brenda

I will let you know if she responds. She was online today but not when I wrote to her.

On Monday, June 9, 2008 between 9AM and 1PM, I, Casey Anthony took my daughter Caylee Marie Anthony to her nanny’s apartment.
~~~
I have a huge problem with the June 9th given by both Casey and her parents. I think the clue to what really happened and who was involved starts here. How could Cindy not remember that she took her grandchild on Father's day? How could George not remember the huge argument (heard by neighbors) that he had with his own daughter on Father's day. How could a family release a video from father's day of Caylee and not remember that THAT day was the last time they saw their grandaughter? Why would Casey lie about the 9th...and it matched that of her parents? Was there some posturing and planning going on in that house between the first 911 calls and the arrival of LE? Perhaps Casey picked up on the dates the parents stated (they were mistaken) and ran with it....and wrote it down before remembering the Father's day events. This is her first mistake (not her last.) She had the whole story ready but in a panic and to "jive" with her parents she stated the 9th....vs the 16th thinking it wouldn't matter all that much. little did she know a video had been taken by her mother.

all the bold was mine....bold in black that is

Caylee will be 3 years-old on August 9, 2008. She was born on August 9, 2005. (true statement)

Caylee is about 3 feet tall, white female with shoulder-length, light brown hair. She has dark hazel eyes (brown-green), and a small birthmark on her left shoulder. (true statement)

On the day of her disappearance, Caylee was wearing a pink shirt, with jean shorts, white sneakers and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. (probably a true statement)
~~~~
My problem with this statement is her use of the word disappearance. If Caylee were abducted or kidnapped by the nanny she would have said that. Disappearance is like when you lose your kid in a park, a store, etc.... If Caylee were kidnapped she would have said, the day caylee was kidnapped or the day zenaida abducted caylee... Casey MADE Caylee disappear. Her choice of handwritten words very telling to me.

On Monday, June 9, 2008, between 9AM and 1PM, I took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartments, located on Conway Road. Caylee’s nanny Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez has watched her for the past year and a half, to two years.
~~~~~
there is no ZFG. There is no nanny. There was no need for a nanny as she was not employed.

Zenaida is twenty-five years old, and is from New York. She is roughly 5 foot, 7 inches tall, 140 pounds. She has dark brown, curly hair, and brown eyes.

Zenaida’s birthday is in September.
~~~~
I would gamble there is a hispanic person or aquaintance (even if just in passing or remotely known in her past high school) that fits this generic description. This is also a great version of the bushy haired stranger...so common in cases like this. Her mother also, according to KMt, does not like hispanic people.... what a better way to sell the evil, abducting babysitter story to her family and get them, "on my side."

I met Zenaida through a mutual friend, Jeffrey Michael Hopkins. She had watched his son, Zachary Hopkins for about 6 months, to a year. I met Zenaida in 2004, around Christmas.
~~~
JH has no son. JH has not seen the poi in years. Again, there is no ZFG.

On the date listed above, June 9, 2008, after dropping Caylee off at Zenaid’s apartment, I proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios, Orlando.
~~~~
POI has no job. She has no office. She has no work~provided cell phone. She did not drop off Caylee on June 9th at the Sawgrass apartments. Her friend Dante used to live there but he moved out on 17 July. He is an automechanic.

I have worked at Universal for over 4 years, since June 2004. I left work around 5:00 PM, and went back to the apartment to pick-up my daughter.

However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that neither Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roommates were home.
~~~~
she brings two more people into the story. They don't live there either.

I have briefly met Raquel Farrel, and Jennifer Rasa, on various occasions.

After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home, I waited outside of the apartment.
~~~
she didn't call zenaida. her phone records show this. There is no zenaida.

I had called Zenaida earlier that morning prior to bringing Caylee over for the afternoon. When I called her that afternoon her phone was no longer in service.
~~~
thought she brought her between 9 and 1...and she left work at five pm...wouldn't that be for the DAY? lies, lies, lies....

Two hours passed and around 7:00 PM, I left the apartment and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. (true statement)
~~~
so she sat at sawgrass apartments for two hours before going to the park. No one saw her or Caylee (according to management and cameras on their property) EVER at SGA. She never mentions where she looked in the park. if she had really looked there wouldn't she say I looked by the slides or I looked by this place or that place..etc

I spent the rest of that evening pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home”, my boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro’s apartment. (true statement of "I felt at home")
~~~Tony says you never acted like a thing was out of sorts. And that you were there all the time and that you were getting on his nerves....taking up all the available oxygen. In his statement he was just about done with you....imhoo

For the past four weeks since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment in Sutton Place. (true statement)

I have spent everyday since June 9, 2008 looking for my daughter.
~~~
your daughter wasn't gone yet on June 9th. I think this statement is another "setting it up" statement to make her look good...that she, Casey A is the victim or child abductors and she has been flying under the radar doing her own investigation since that time. Too bad she followed her parents accidental 9 June date...it really screwed up her whole larger story she had concocted over the last month!

I have lied and stolen money from friends and family to do whatever I could by any means to find my daughter. (In red - true statement)
~~~
another statement that explains away what police may find out in the course of the investigation...she already knows that Amy has found out about the theft of checks and money and been talking with her mother...who calls her a thief. In this statement she is prepping LE for what they may find and giving an excuse. She never explains how she used the money nor what lies she told to help find her daughter. Another mistake and a weak veneer in her coverup story.

I avoided calling the police, or even notifying my own family out of fear.
~~~
fear of what? She gave no explaination. Left it vague on purpose. We are supposed to feel sorry for her that she is in, "danger."

I have been and still am afraid of what has, or may happen to Caylee.
~~~
CLINCHER! SHE KNOWS WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CAYLEE. She is setting up LE to be afraid that something WILL happen to Caylee but at the hands of the abductors. She is preparing LE for a body that they may find....and planting the fact that they may do something to Caylee...that she is afraid of it. She is forshadowing future events and explaining her culpability away in this statement

I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida.

Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter, or gain any information on where I can find her.
~~~
Again, too bad you went with your parents 9 June mistake date, Casey! It ruined your whole plan. No wonder you were so pist in that jail phone call! There was no short phone call on thursday june 12 (what detail! and the previous statements in this afadavit are so vague!) and furthermore your daughter was alive and well in a video 3 days after this on 15 June.

Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, any place I could remember Zenaida taking Caylee.
~~~
again...what malls, what parks...help le out and tell them where you have searched already~!

I have gone out, and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. (true statements)
~~~
again...using the truth to explain away something the cops will eventually find out about...all the partying and going out to bars, resteraunts and the like...of course all....'undercover' to conduct her own investigation.....

I have contacted Jeff Hopkins on several occasions to see if he had heard from or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.
~~~
you got where he lived right but that is about it! you contacted him and his parents by computer after your a$$ was in a sling...after your mom called 911. I don't think you banked on those 911 calls either nor the attempt of your mom to bring you up on grand theft auto (which she never did....what a shame) btw, Jeff's parents could hardly even remember who she was.....

On Thursday, July 15, 2008 around 12pm, I received a phone call from my daughter, Caylee. Today was the first day I have heard her voice in over 4 weeks. I’m afraid of what Caylee is going through after 31 days, I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back. (in red true statement)
~~~
again what startling detail (minus corroborating phone records lol) in the midst of such an overall vague statement! Also from 9 June to 15 July is 36 days. From 16 June to 15 July is 29 days. Evidently she did not have it all calculated out for her story.... then again when she switched her last seen date to match her grandparents 9 June honest mistake she traded matching stories with the sacrifice of making much of the rest of the story fit. And for the the knowledge you would think this girl had of cell phones she really had none! Thank God!

With many and all attempts to contact Zenaida, and with the one short conversation, on June 12, 2008, I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter.
~~~
didn't you just say you talked to her yesterday at noon? She was alive right? (sarcasm of course on my part) we know this is all bull honkey above

Zenaida never made an attempt to explain why Caylee is no longer in Orlando, or is she is ever going to bring her home. (possible true statement)
~~~
She is telling cops not to look in orlando (she really is in Orlando...she just wants to throw them off) and also this is the first we hear in this statement that she was taken out of state! I thought Casey had no contact with ZFG. And now she is not in Orlando...ok. And she also interjects that last piece that Caylee will be staying with ZFG in another place outside of Orlando...so if they cannot find ZFG out of orlando....they won't find Caylee and won't look for her in orlando either... (my thought....good try Casey!)

I have been and still am afraid of what has , or may happen to Caylee. I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zena

But nowwe know she told Lee and Cindy on July 15 She spoke for about a second to Caylee from a private number ???? I guess maybe she was under a little pressure and could not keep account of all her lies in order

OK, I'm getting a little myopic with this case I guess!

I was thinking JMH "Broken Under Interrogation" referred to Casey! I now realize it was referring to Woodward's new book!

:bang:

OK, I'm getting a little myopic with this case I guess!

I was thinking JMH "Broken Under Interrogation" referred to Casey! I now realize he's the author of the book!

Another little Casey "mixture of fact and fiction?" Uses JMH name because she's seen it in the media?

I have been and still am afraid of what has , or may happen to Caylee. I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida.

If originally she believed her time of last seeing her daughter as June 9th and she says she recieved a call 3 days later.. The time changed to June 16th making the 3 days later possible phone call land on June 19th. ( ALso a Thursday )

I wonder who she had called or talked to on this date... possibly there is truth to this statement in that someone who knew Caylee's fate actually called her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname