Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC's not graduating and her parents being oblivious to that fact shows that there were problems with reality and KC, as well as the family dynamic, way before Caylee was born.

When my children were in high school, a decade ago, I kept up with their lives as far as I needed to. I knew their grades, their friends, activities, but they were very responsible and academically oriented. They were emotionally and socially well adjusted.

I see where George, Cindy and Lee tell about how the children were allowed lots of freedom after school hours, such as walking home with friends and not really being under anyone's care after school while they were still young. For a while, Cindy said she didn't work, but that was the exception.

Never did I let my kids walk home without one of a group of us parents being "on duty" for watching the kids and waiting. They would have never been left on their own, and when they were older, they had plenty of activities (which I usually drove them to, until they got their license). I knew where they were and they didn't have lots of time to just "hang out" wherever. I think KC loved her senior-itis days where she knew she could get by with skipping school or classes. She probably had it down, as to how to keep her mom from getting notification of it, and knowing how KC has shown to be, she had all kinds of excuses and alibis about her life even then.

That family would make an interesting case study, a great movie/book, but not if that family got any say in it or monetary rewards. I'd love to have a REAL story on this family. Love to hear from the school's records and stories from the teachers about what went on with KC's graduation fiasco.

The only time I see Cindy as "loving and nurturing" is when she is projecting that in public, for show. She should have been an actress. Would I ever love to be a psychiatrist and a fly on the wall regarding that family, esp. Cindy.

I am in Alabama, and while it has been 2 years since my youngest graduated high school, I know that beginning in their sophmore year their credits are reviewed, and especially in the junior year when college applications are beginning to be considered, the guidance counselor usually keeps up with credits needed, etc. to graduate.
I am fairly sure that KC knew well in advance that she was short, and she probably chose to tell Cindy the day of graduation (as stated in CA's depo) that she would not be walking with the class. Trying to avoid all the drama, I would imagine. CA or GA said that KC enrolled in summer school to make up that 1/2 credit to be able to get her diploma, but I don't think KC gave a rats a$$ to tell you the truth.

It would be interesting to know if it was really just 1/2 credit or if her whole Senior year had been messed up from day one. They probably didn't pay attention just like KC had supposedly worked since Caylee was born but we know that's not true. I bet the A's have minimized AGAIN the truth of the matter. If not, they are just plain dumb (or KC is). Who would let 1/2 credit stand between them and a HS diploma? That's rediculous. Talk about self destructive behavior - geesh!

It would be interesting to know if it was really just 1/2 credit or if her whole Senior year had been messed up from day one. They probably didn't pay attention just like KC had supposedly worked since Caylee was born but we know that's not true. I bet the A's have minimized AGAIN the truth of the matter. If not, they are just plain dumb (or KC is). Who would let 1/2 credit stand between them and a HS diploma? That's rediculous. Talk about self destructive behavior - geesh!

You are most probably right. Won't it just be a hoot if during the trial KC's records are brought in and she in fact missed most of her senior year. CA and GA, of course, won't believe it.

You are most probably right. Won't it just be a hoot if during the trial KC's records are brought in and she in fact missed most of her senior year. CA and GA, of course, won't believe it.

It would be only fair since JG's records were brought out for the world to see!!
Ya know it's that KARMA thing again!!:croc:

I can't really fault the A's for not being more on top of things when KC was flunking at high school.. been there done that too...between working every minute I could get, and caring for my sickly mother..who passed away when my son was in grade 12..paying bills and trying to keep a household together, I just could not do it all. The first I knew he was in trouble was when he annnounced one day that school was a waste of time, we needed money more than he needed school. He had found a job working at a music store. .. he ultimately went to night school and got his necessary credits, but it was a hard time, and beating myself about the head and ears didn't help anything.

So, just saying, I am not going to judge the A's any more harshly than I judged myself, I suppose it was child neglect of a sort, but it was the best I could do at that time.

i dont know FLs school system, Im in LA and i have 2 girls in high school here. their school issues 2 report cards per year. they have a science class it is worth 1 credit for the year. it is possible they can pass the first semester and fail the second semester (or vice versa). they would receive half a credit in science and repeat the second half in the summer or the next year. this was new to me, and i didnt understand it first.

i should also say that we receive 3 interim reports before report cards are distributed.

I can't really fault the A's for not being more on top of things when KC was flunking at high school.. been there done that too...between working every minute I could get, and caring for my sickly mother..who passed away when my son was in grade 12..paying bills and trying to keep a household together, I just could not do it all. The first I knew he was in trouble was when he annnounced one day that school was a waste of time, we needed money more than he needed school. He had found a job working at a music store. .. he ultimately went to night school and got his necessary credits, but it was a hard time, and beating myself about the head and ears didn't help anything.

So, just saying, I am not going to judge the A's any more harshly than I judged myself, I suppose it was child neglect of a sort, but it was the best I could do at that time.

I'm not judging their situation. I get that we all make mistakes. Really, I do.

I'm judging the lies, the covering up, the denial, the fantasy land... the in-action. I'm judging a parent who doesn't even have it in them to say "OK, maybe she did this but I'm gonna love her anyway". That is a big part of our job as parents, kwim? loving them no matter who they become, no matter their choices, we love them sometimes in spite of themselves and we support them. But a parent who continually creates a whole other "personality" for their child, a whole other life as the only way they can go on loving their child? ugh!

Ya know, I despise these people! But can you imagine how many times Casey probably wished her mom just loved and accepted her for who she is? To have to create a "Jeff" she was dating and thinking about marrying, (Tiffany ring, baybee) a great job at universal, a nanny etc in order to earn her mothers love tells me quite a bit about her knowledge of this fact. How sad, to have to go through life knowing the people who "love you" have no interest what-so-ever in knowing who you really are. It feels shameful.

I'm not judging their situation. I get that we all make mistakes. Really, I do.

I'm judging the lies, the covering up, the denial, the fantasy land... the in-action. I'm judging a parent who doesn't even have it in them to say "OK, maybe she did this but I'm gonna love her anyway". That is a big part of our job as parents, kwim? loving them no matter who they become, no matter their choices, we love them sometimes in spite of themselves and we support them. But a parent who continually creates a whole other "personality" for their child, a whole other life as the only way they can go on loving their child? ugh!

Ya know, I despise these people! But can you imagine how many times Casey probably wished her mom just loved and accepted her for who she is? To have to create a "Jeff" she was dating and thinking about marrying, (Tiffany ring, baybee) a great job at universal, a nanny etc in order to earn her mothers love tells me quite a bit about her knowledge of this fact. How sad, to have to go through life knowing the people who "love you" have no interest what-so-ever in knowing who you really are. It feels shameful.

bbm
thank you olg. your message touched me.

But can you imagine how many times Casey probably wished her mom just loved and accepted her for who she is? To have to create a "Jeff" she was dating and thinking about marrying, (Tiffany ring, baybee) a great job at universal, a nanny etc in order to earn her mothers love tells me quite a bit about her knowledge of this fact. How sad, to have to go through life knowing the people who "love you" have no interest what-so-ever in knowing who you really are. It feels shameful.

onelost, I know I have told you this before...YES I CAN IMAGINE. There was very little difference between me and Casey (when I was her age). I do not say that with any pride. Also, thankfully, I did not have children. I would have (more than likely) been as piss-poor a parent as KC was. (I doubt I would have killed anyone..but I was a pathetic person back at ge 22).

I DO feel sorry for Casey. I am aware that I feel sorry for her because I share(d) her pathology. ALL of my neurotic behavior was due to my environment. It is the case with KC too. If she had been raised in a different household (where...say ...they treated her with loving kindness and the unconditional love and genuine affection most people have for their offspring...we would not be here today!)! Just think! Another different family might have CARED that KC wasn't graduating!

All the above written not as any excuse for KC. I learned a long time ago that despite our upbringing--there comes the point where we can't blame anyone aside from ourselves for our own behavior.

STILL! I feel sorry for KC! (and, of course, the beautiful and innocent Caylee).

onelost, I know I have told you this before...YES I CAN IMAGINE. There was very little difference between me and Casey (when I was her age). I do not say that with any pride. Also, thankfully, I did not have children. I would have (more than likely) been as piss-poor a parent as KC was. (I doubt I would have killed anyone..but I was a pathetic person back at ge 22).

I DO feel sorry for Casey. I am aware that I feel sorry for her because I share(d) her pathology. ALL of my neurotic behavior was due to my environment. It is the case with KC too. If she had been raised in a different household (where...say ...they treated her with loving kindness and the unconditional love and genuine affection most people have for their offspring...we would not be here today!)! Just think! Another different family might have CARED that KC wasn't graduating!

All the above written not as any excuse for KC. I learned a long time ago that despite our upbringing--there comes the point where we can't blame anyone aside from ourselves for our own behavior.

STILL! I feel sorry for KC! (and, of course, the beautiful and innocent Caylee).

:hug:

But big difference Snowwalker, you probably didn't blame the school for your child's situation.
Glad your son finished :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member