Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where might one find this button? I've always wondered lol.

Go to your Control Panel, click on Edit Ignore List, then and add the person that irritates the *@%*&!(! out of you to the list. :)

If you have access to peer reviewed publications, you might check out the "Journal of Abnormal Psychology," the "Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology," and "Professional Psychology: Research and Practice." The inclusion of this aspd, sociopathy, & psychopathy research in the latter two journals is primarily due to the shift of focus as it pertains to sexual offenders. Hanson & Morton-Bourgon seem to be the recognized leading experts in this area, though Polaschek is a very close second. Prior to these researchers, Cleckley & before him, Richard von Krafft-Ebing, were the leading researchers as it came to psychopathy. And, of course, who could forget Hare? And even he admitted that aspd & sociopath are but subsets of psychopathy (see Hare et al, 1991, Journal of Abnormal Psychology). Even so, research seems to suggests that psychopathy does not require the sociopathic sustrates, which, again, indicates a completely different taxon. The most compelling research to this end are comparative analysis of PCL-R results against risk assessment tools for recidivism (i.e., VRAG, SORAG, SVR-20, Static-99/RRASOR).

Wikipedia as an authoritative source? Surely, you jest?

Shadowraiths is right on. I have my on takes on psychopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder which I have posted links to previously in this thread. I think the differences are important and need to be clarified for obvious reasons related to the public and research. The current case is a good example of why.

Russell

Jesse had connections to the police,

and with the help of authorities could have arranged a covert adoption, complete with evidence that Caylee died accidentally to hide the fact of the adoption. Maybe a wild theory, but that theory makes all of the phone conversations and eveything Casey has said and done make sense.

Casey had connections with the police too... One officer lost his job for "connecting with her" and two others might have as well had they not fessed up to "connecting" with Casey before they had to be discovered for it.

And the 'covert adoption" you're talking about (while trying to pin the blame for Caylee's disappearance on the only man in her sick mother's life NOT to refer to her as a "Snothead") is straight out of the script for "Gone Baby Gone" starring Casey Affleck (Ben's brother, and a fine young actor - oh, I get it, Casey A. & Casey A...oh, but I digress), also starring Morgan Freeman as the Police Capt who secretly adopted the niece of a fellow police officer who feared his crazy partying sister was going to get the girl killed thru negligence (2007).

Problem is, in the movie there was no human decomposition in the back of the s***ty mother's car, and even as cracked out as she was, the movie mom sought the help of police in locating her daughter as soon as she realized she was gone.

I loved that movie, because it begged the moral question was it better to leave the little girl happy with parents who give a S***, or return her to her &^% @# sick mother and just cross our fingers and hope she'll survive to adulthood?

Please tell me KC isn't going into court with a defense straight out of a recent movie starring someone unfortunate enough to share a name with her? Better yet, stick with it - plenty enough people on the jury will make the connection themselves.

Carry on:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69987"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean