Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I owe an apology to everyone on this thread. This is a great source to learn about the human experience. I light up when I see students posting. As we have seen there are many sources that reference mental health issues for those incarcerated & those who aren't. AS frustrating as the thread can be it gives a voice for debate. It would be a great thing if we had a designated thread with all the possible diagnosis as reported by the many experts we have heard from, including some of our own posts. This would give a newbie a chance to learn, share, ask quetions. WE have many experts quoted from in our earlier threads up to now. It would be interestimg to compare opinions from the beginning till now to see if they may have changed as the case moves forward. The family frustrates me so much, that I let them get to me and forgot all about being kind & understanding. After I posted my comment I thoght yes there is always that back button & why don't I just move on to another subject. DIDiDi!!! "My brain made me do it" is my only defense.

Oh, Karen, don't apologize! I hope my comment didn't come across as passive-aggressive or b*tchy -- that wasn't my intention. I really do understand that it gets old to read the same old stuff over and over again, and to see the same questions posed repeatedly. Of course it's natural to get all *eyeroll* eventually, especially if one has been a member of a particular online community for a long time. I'm pretty new to Websleuths as a poster, but I'm a long time reader, and I've been an active member of various other communities and forums for many years. I've just had so many experiences where I've learned so much from others who have similar interests as I do and I so value the conversations and dialogues I've had with people over the years. I remember when I was relatively new online, and my daughter was a newborn, I joined an e-mail discussion list for attachment parentsing, and on my very first post, I was :furious:flame broiled:furious: by some oldbie member with five kids for having some questions, to which the answers were obvious to her, but were not obvious to me as a new mother to a five-day-old little girl! That experience really affected me, so I get a little Mother Bear-ish sometimes in regards to free discussion, etc. Almost twelve years later, I'm still on that mailing list! We're all n00bs at some point!

Anyhow, please know my intention was not to chastise or be bossy -- please accept my apology if I came across as brusque. :cheerful:

Hahaha, OMG, check it out -- a beating the dead horse smilie!

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:

Oh, Karen, don't apologize! I hope my comment didn't come across as passive-aggressive or b*tchy -- that wasn't my intention. I really do understand that it gets old to read the same old stuff over and over again, and to see the same questions posed repeatedly. Of course it's natural to get all *eyeroll* eventually, especially if one has been a member of a particular online community for a long time. I'm pretty new to Websleuths as a poster, but I'm a long time reader, and I've been an active member of various other communities and forums for many years. I've just had so many experiences where I've learned so much from others who have similar interests as I do and I so value the conversations and dialogues I've had with people over the years. I remember when I was relatively new online, and my daughter was a newborn, I joined an e-mail discussion list for attachment parentsing, and on my very first post, I was :furious:flame broiled:furious: by some oldbie member with five kids for having some questions, to which the answers were obvious to her, but were not obvious to me as a new mother to a five-day-old little girl! That experience really affected me, so I get a little Mother Bear-ish sometimes in regards to free discussion, etc. Almost twelve years later, I'm still on that mailing list! We're all n00bs at some point!

Anyhow, please know my intention was not to chastise or be bossy -- please accept my apology if I came across as brusque. :cheerful:

Hahaha, OMG, check it out -- a beating the dead horse smilie!

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:

What is frustrating is that people are bringing up things again and again and again when all they have to do is read the thread from the start and they'd find all the info they need.

I don't walk away from postings like the ones here because I am mentally ill and I do have Bipolar disorder, I have been psychotic. If I walk away without even attempting to correct the uninformed miconceptions about these very real illnesses, then I have a hand in keeping the stigma I so despise alive and well.

What is frustrating is that people are bringing up things again and again and again when all they have to do is read the thread from the start and they'd find all the info they need.

Respectfully, I disagree. I don't think that any one person gets to decide when "enough is enough." Also, I think it's an unrealistic expectation to think that everyone has enough time to read through months and years of threads.

I don't walk away from postings like the ones here because I am mentally ill and I do have Bipolar disorder, I have been psychotic. If I walk away without even attempting to correct the uninformed miconceptions about these very real illnesses, then I have a hand in keeping the stigma I so despise alive and well.

Well, I don't think you can have it both ways -- you can't state that people will find all the info that they need by reading through the threads, but then insist that you cannot NOT respond to new postings (if indeed all the information that people need has already been posted). At the end of the day, people still have questions and misperceptions, and they want to continue to discuss things. Personally, I think that's a good thing. I'm not trying to jump your -- I support and applaud your commitment to combating the stigma of mental illness, and your desire to educate people on what is and is not true/false about mental illness. It's a topic that will probably never be fully dissected, IMO. So, that's where I kind of err on the side of picking my battles, because it can become an emotionally overwhelming burden to feel compelled to respond to every little thing that someone says or asserts. In that regard, I so thank you for your tenacity and willingness to openly and honestly share your experiences and knowledge about Bipolar Disorder in such a public forum, and I don't mean this in a smarmy way at all. It's hard to go up against stigmas and misinformation, day in and day out. You've got some serious chops, girl! And that's admirable as h*ll. :clap:

One Lost Girl,
After meeting with my sister's social worker this morning (she is back in the hospital with severe depression) and receiving more information on this condition I admire and respect you even more.
Sorry mods, this is O/T but I just wanted to give you my admiration for dealing with this complicated disease. :)

Respectfully, I disagree. I don't think that any one person gets to decide when "enough is enough." Also, I think it's an unrealistic expectation to think that everyone has enough time to read through months and years of threads.

Well, I don't think you can have it both ways -- you can't state that people will find all the info that they need by reading through the threads, but then insist that you cannot NOT respond to new postings (if indeed all the information that people need has already been posted). At the end of the day, people still have questions and misperceptions, and they want to continue to discuss things. Personally, I think that's a good thing. I'm not trying to jump your -- I support and applaud your commitment to combating the stigma of mental illness, and your desire to educate people on what is and is not true/false about mental illness. It's a topic that will probably never be fully dissected, IMO. So, that's where I kind of err on the side of picking my battles, because it can become an emotionally overwhelming burden to feel compelled to respond to every little thing that someone says or asserts. In that regard, I so thank you for your tenacity and willingness to openly and honestly share your experiences and knowledge about Bipolar Disorder in such a public forum, and I don't mean this in a smarmy way at all. It's hard to go up against stigmas and misinformation, day in and day out. You've got some serious chops, girl! And that's admirable as h*ll. :clap:

I get what you mean and what I meant came out wrong. I do not think people should read everything here and discuss nothing. I love the discussions- they are important. But Bipolar and Psychosis have nothing to do with this case. That's my upset! ASPD, Borderline personality, personality disorders in general are what is involved here. My upset is that Bipolar & psychosis are being used in the same sentence as CASEY.

I don't want anyones praise, honestly I don't... I could care less what anyone thinks of me, I think that is obvious LOL. That's not why I am here- that's not why I don't shut up. I'm here- I'm shouting out because people need to know the difference between people with personality disorders and Bipolar. They need to see that Bipolar does not = heartless and soul-less murdering mothers. We may have some of the same symptoms but the illnesses, the characters of the person are VERY different.

Arrgh. Sorry, ya'll. I'm off to hubby's office Christmas party **yaaay*

A lot of people do not admit to having problems with depression in the past or present. Unfortunately people who suffer from mental health problems are still looked down upon in this country. I'm not saying that CA or KC have or had problems with depression, but they might not admit it even if it were true. JMO

She's neither bipolar nor psychotic. But, you are right, psychopath/sociopaths can become psychotic.

Agree that she has no excuse.

In my very inexpert opinion CA fits the classic profile of someone for whom the notion or mere suggestion of any sort of mental health issues within her perfect family would be inacceptable and intolerable--and thus vehemently denied. Her fearful need to idealize, sanitize, and normalize everything which could reflect poorly upon her is likely at the root of her denial of KC being bipolar eg, but sadly for her failure to ever seek any dx or treatment for her troubled child. No offense One but it seems like KC actually did exhibit some very compulsive, high-risk behaviors that could actually be attributed to manic cycling and which also clearly escalated following her daughter's death (stealing, spending, sexing, etc.) And if one further considers the possibility that KC may have gone to the extreme lengths of staging an abuduction and even abusing her daughter's corpse to cover up her negligence eg, this offers another interpretation for these disturbing behaviors. ETA: I am in no way suggesting manic episodes are responsible for KC's pathology or the extent of KC's problems. For those who are unfamiliar w earlier posts in which I've said this ad infinitum, I believe KC most clearly exhibits NPD or pathological narcissism--to which I've attributed most of her pathology (compulsive lying, lack of empathy, entitlement, exploitation, envy etc). Yet even to a layperson like me there clearly seem to be coexisting disorders w this disturbed young woman--and bipolar seems one possibility. JMHUO

Quoting and snipping Sharpar's earlier post:
These folks are truly tragedies - they are damaged and nothing
can fix them . They leave a long trail of destruction and wounded victims behind them . There is no way to re-construct an entire personality we cant inject empathy, or a moral compass . It is absent in all of them, in KC to the most extreme degree .
Their victims keep the therapists office busy and full.

Excellent observation and so true. The victim's oftentimes can't comprehend the damage done to them as it is anathema to them. No one can truly understand a personality disordered individual until exposed to one. Then, hopefully, one can learn to distance themselves from them.

I get what you mean and what I meant came out wrong. I do not think people should read everything here and discuss nothing. I love the discussions- they are important. But Bipolar and Psychosis have nothing to do with this case. That's my upset! ASPD, Borderline personality, personality disorders in general are what is involved here. My upset is that Bipolar & psychosis are being used in the same sentence as CASEY.

This makes total sense -- thanks for clarifying your point of view. I agree -- it's not valid to equate Bipolar or Psychosis to violence or homicidal intent, or to behaviors that arise from personality disorders.

I'm sorry if I was too effusive, but I do still think your willingness to speak to the subject is noteworthy!

My expert opinion is that KC is a nutty fruitcake and her mom was the baker.

I was trying to get an inside definition on sociopathic behavior, when I came upon this site about sociopaths. This is what one woman says about her brother who is one. After reading this, I put NOTHING past Casey. Sociopaths are just plain born evil.

Quote" My brother is a sociopath, so can tell you this much: My brother can be one of the most charming people you will ever meet. Unless you know him well enough, you would never believe that he has this "other"side to him. He raped me when I was in my teens, tried to stab my mother and I, lied, stole from us, abused every girlfriend he ever had, and everything else you could ever dream of. Every time he was confronted with what he had done, he would look at us as if we were totally MAD! He thought that raping me was okay, because he "knew" that I really wanted it, and anyway, wasn't it better to "keep it in the family"? I eventually got a restraining order against him, and he was incensed about it. After all, he told my mother, he had never done anything to harm me! None of my cousins or sisters want anything to do with him anymore, and the only one who still does is my mother. I honestly think that they have absolutely no conscience whatsoever, and somehow never think that they have done anything wrong. We could find our things that he had stolen, and confront him with them, but he would continue to deny that he had taken them, or sometimes that they were even ours! He could look you straight in the face, and tell you the biggest lie without blinking. One of his girlfriends took him to court, and he spoke so eloquently that the judge swallowed everything he said, and she was made to look like a liar! If you know anyone who is living with one of these creatures, I would suggest you advise them to leave as fast as they can, because a sociopath can talk their way out of just about any kind of trouble, and they can become very dangerous." end Quote.

Whoa! I'm very sorry for all you've been through. I hope you don't live in the same city or anything--sounds like a walking, talking nightmare for you and your family.

I am so sorry for the crimes you have endured. You are so right - your only defense
is no contact. Often victims suffer alone because no one believes that ____ is capable of such depraved behavior . I wish you peace and healing .

I think KC is some kind of sociopath--she seems to lack any sense of others whatsoever and seems to live as if she is the only one on the world. That's my opinion from a layman's point of view who knows nothing about psychology (not even sure I can spell it).
I really think she is totally self-absorbed--a level beyond being selfish that few of us can understand.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

IMO, the care for any form of mental problems has failed those in need. Instead of getting stronger and more available, insurance
cost have made professional care sparce. Facilities have closed and
those who work in the field, at least where I live, move or close their practice.

As for KC, her defense may try anything. I do agree that she
does not meet the criteria.

Mind Student

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

IMO, the care for any form of mental problems has failed those in need. Instead of getting stronger and more available, insurance
cost have made professional care sparce. Facilities have closed and
those who work in the field, at least where I live, move or close their practice.

As for KC, her defense may try anything. I do agree that she
does not meet the criteria.

Mind Student

I agree! Because of all this prisons are now housing a large portion our mentally ill. The parity laws are a joke too!

I think KC is some kind of sociopath--she seems to lack any sense of others whatsoever and seems to live as if she is the only one on the world. That's my opinion from a layman's point of view who knows nothing about psychology (not even sure I can spell it).
I really think she is totally self-absorbed--a level beyond being selfish that few of us can understand.

For a layman who "can't spell it," and "knows nothing about psych" you sure have an excellent sense of KC!

Nothing like excellent observational skills and solid common sense!:blowkiss::clap:

A lot of people do not admit to having problems with depression in the past or present. Unfortunately people who suffer from mental health problems are still looked down upon in this country. I'm not saying that CA or KC have or had problems with depression, but they might not admit it even if it were true. JMO

It's estimated that around 10% of the population suffers from clinical depression, at some point. That's why drug companies spend so much money on anti-depressant R & D. It's lucrative!

It sometimes looks like some people SO want to see KC as a sort of romantic victim, rather than a preditor. Attractive young woman got her brains scrambled by the sexual preditations of the evil and powerful men in her family. So, she flipped out, in shame and guilt, and murdered the spawn of their twisted passions, forced on her helpless self for years.

Sounds like the plot of novel I saw at the grocery store with Fabio in a ripped shirt embracing a babe with a torn bodice, on the cover.

Still wondering if all these wild sexual speculations would come up, if KC was middle-aged and a dog!?

I don't want anyones praise, honestly I don't... I could care less what anyone thinks of me, I think that is obvious LOL. That's not why I am here- that's not why I don't shut up. I'm here- I'm shouting out because people need to know the difference between people with personality disorders and Bipolar. They need to see that Bipolar does not = heartless and soul-less murdering mothers. We may have some of the same symptoms but the illnesses, the characters of the person are VERY different.

Well, the things is, OLG. You are an admirable, strong woman who climbed out from under a soul-searing psychological/neurological disorder. You know EXACTLY what you are talking about, from hard experience.

I think some people look at KC's pretty little face, and just would rather think she's a victim, than what she is- a preditor and natural criminal.

BTW-- Have a great time at he party! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!;-):blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500