Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there would be the victim impact testimony from witnesses unless there was a death penalty potential on the table. Anyone else know for certain?

There is rarely a trigger that puts a sociopath 'over the edge'. Those of us who live without this disorder live within the boundaries of a moral compass, and experience empathy, sympathy, and logic - sociopaths are devoid of these things and have no boundaries.
In essence they are always 'over the edge', it is only the degree that differs.

The problem with trying to understand or analyze a sociopath, is that we use our rational and emotional brain to do it - understanding how they work requires that we set aside the thoughts of what 'we' would do.

There is no rationale, there is no reason - well not one that you or I will understand, the ONLY person it will make *sense* to is the socipath themselves. Other socipaths won't get it either.

Socipaths are what they are, and we will likely never really understand, for though the illness is diagnosable, it is as individual to each sufferer as epilepsy or diabetes.

It is those who recognised these behaviours and ignored them that we should try to analyse, so that we can attempt to prevent this happening again.

I think that KC was repressed by CA. That's why she developed her rich fantasy life and partied so hard. It was like being the preacher's daughter.
But she wanted the house, most of all.
When she got kicked out, she put into play her plan to eliminate anything standing in her way of inheriting the house.

I don't think there would be the victim impact testimony from witnesses unless there was a death penalty potential on the table. Anyone else know for certain?

I have been present at the sentencing of a rapist, where the victim and her husband both courageously made impact statements. But that wasn't in Florida ... so I looked it up. It appears that the victim of anyone found guilty of a felony can make a statement.

It made me so sad to read through the "victim's rights" statutes that preceded this particular statute. There really is no one to stand up and say ... "Caylee was a victim and this is what the world lost, because of this horrible crime." Yet, I am sure the A's would all stand up and plea for leniency in the sentencing of KC, if given the opportunity. I hope that they aren't ever given the opportunity!!!

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in..._Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0921/Sec143.HTM
[SIZE=-1]
921.143 Appearance of victim, next of kin, or law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer to make statement at sentencing hearing; submission of written statement.
-- [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"(1) At the sentencing hearing, and prior to the imposition of sentence upon any defendant who has been convicted of any felony or who has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to any crime, including a criminal violation of a provision of chapter 316, the sentencing court shall permit the victim of the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, the lawful representative of the victim or of the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, or the next of kin of the victim if the victim has died from causes related to the crime, to: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](a) Appear before the sentencing court for the purpose of making a statement under oath for the record; and [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](b) Submit a written statement under oath to the office of the state attorney, which statement shall be filed with the sentencing court. (...)"[/SIZE]

Carry on:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80287"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #6[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500