Casey getting SS payments for Caylee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think signing or rather not signing something before he died matters.

What if he died on the way to the hospital? Point is they can use dna for proof in a court and eventually get the SS. Yes it would take effort and maybe she was too lazy but imho hey to her its free money why would she NOT do this and if she truely cared for Caylee why not persue it on her behlaf anyway?

Well maybe those arguments answer themselves.... or again maybe it's just yet another lie.

It is free money vs control.

I don't think CASEY cared if CINDY sacrificed or worked extra hours. It was no skin off of Casey's nose one way or the other.

As for Cindy and George...maybe they werre afraid the bio dad might be a threat. His right to custody would supercede their's should something happen to Casey.

Also dads these days have a say about education, how far the mom can move etc. I am not sure Cindy enjoyed sharing with the JG's parents. After they weren't part of the picture she may have decided not to encourage hunting down dads and other grandparents.

As it was there was rivalry between Cindy and Casey over Caylee. A dad that decided to be active would be additional competition.

I don't believe Caylee's father is dead. I think the Anthony's didn't/don't want more complications. The story of the father that dies on his way to Caylee's party is an attention-getter for Casey. It creates drama and sympathy.

IMO

My point was, on the other thread since she is such a money monger why not persue it post-mortem? Is she just stupid or is it yet another lie? Why deny your daughter the right to those SS benifits? this is something that bothers me much.....

imo, it wasn't worth the humiliation of admitting it could have been one of a dozen people; possibly some of whom she didn't even know their name. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Casey occasionally had one night stands and couldn't remember whatever name they gave her the next day.

To a family of the lie, image is everything. That uncertainty or reality was too humiliating and too much in contrast with the romantic yarns she wanted to spin.

Like you, I'm confident she would have taken advantage of any benefit she could have, while continuing to depend on G & C to provide for Caylee. After all, the checks would be written to her, not Caylee, in her mind. And I think that was a large part of the reason she wanted JG to sign the birth certificate and argued against a dna test; so she could try to get $ out of him. I just don't think this was an option available to her with the actual bio-dad because of the reasons stated above. If she had a clue or could even narrow it down to a few whose names she knew, she probably would have tried. But she couldn't and she didn't, imo.

Since Casey wasn't supporting Caylee anyway, I don't think she cared if Cindy sacrificed or worked extra hours.

Cindy WAS Caylee's mom.

I think the bio dad was a threat. His right to custody might supercede Cindy's should Casey slip up. I have a feeling Casey had had problems since she hit adolescence.

Also dads these days have a say about education, how far the mom can move etc. I am not sure Cindy enjoyed sharing with the JG's parents. After they weren't part of the picture she may have decided not to encourage hunting down dads and other grandparents.

IMO

oh, can't disagree there, but not allowing Caylee those benifits or the knowlege of her father (in the future of course - because she is too young to understand anyway atm) are not in the best interest of the child.

A child should always know both parents no matter what, if at the very least it can help with medical issues down the road that may arise.

But I don't think Caylee was the primary person of interest on Casey's or Cindy's part. A child is not about the mothers needs in life you educate them on your values yes but it is about their lives, bringing them into the world to be the person whom they are. Cindy seems to raise her children to be whom she wants them to be, Casey is apoint in example. Cindy seemed to be doing the same with Caylee and continueing the process with Casey, and Casey does not seem to have cared about Caylee what so ever meerly how she fit or did not fit within her own life....

Even if paternity had been proven, Social Security survivor benefits are based on the deceased parents' SS record. He would have to have worked long enough to have benefits available on his record. Social Security is not welfare.

I don't think CASEY cared if CINDY sacrificed or worked extra hours. It was no skin off of Casey's nose one way or the other.

As for Cindy and George...maybe they werre afraid the bio dad might be a threat. His right to custody would supercede their's should something happen to Casey.

As it was there was rivalry between Cindy and Casey over Caylee. A dad that decided to be active would be additional competition.

I don't believe Caylee's father is dead. I think the Anthony's didn't/don't want more complications. The story of the father that dies on his way to Caylee's party is an attention-getter for Casey. It creates drama and sympathy.

IMO

very possible and true issues here as well!

oh, can't disagree there, but not allowing Caylee those benifits or the knowlege of her father (in the future of course - because she is too young to understand anyway atm) are not in the best interest of the child.

A child should always know both parents no matter what, if at the very least it can help with medical issues down the road that may arise.

But I don't think Caylee was the primary person of interest on Casey's or Cindy's part. A child is not about the mothers needs in life you educate them on your values yes but it is about their lives, bringing them into the world to be the person whom they are. Cindy seems to raise her children to be whom she wants them to be, Casey is apoint in example. Cindy seemed to be doing the same with Caylee and continueing the process with Casey, and Casey does not seem to have cared about Caylee what so ever meerly how she fit or did not fit within her own life....

I totally agree.

I also agree with all who think there might have been an embarrassingly long line of possible dads.

Another sad side of this tragedy. :(

Exactly... I'm sure it's already been checked out. You have to have proof of some kind especially if they were not married.
As to receiving welfare or something... not sure how much she would qualify for since she live with her parents. All income of the household has to be reported.

~As far as welfare goes-I happen to know a family where the parents live with their daughter-who happens to be a surgeon (as is her husband). Both of her parents get public assistance (welfare checks and food stamps). Outrageous IMO-considering they live rent free in a very nice house-and get assistance from the state. :furious:

If she was collecting SS Cindy would not have lied under Oath during the Bond heaing about the father issue. If a check was being collected C&G would surely know since Hopespring Drive was KC's residence and then the paternal family IMO would have been somehow involved in Caylee's life.

If u think about it if u do have a child out of wedlock and if that hospital has the father sign a affidavite the dont have to show ID so thats why you have to file it in the courts

That makes sense...but they may have shown identification. I don't know the details, other than both had to sign for it.

Even if paternity had been proven, Social Security survivor benefits are based on the deceased parents' SS record. He would have to have worked long enough to have benefits available on his record. Social Security is not welfare.

if he worked a couple years even at minimum wage she would have goten some money.

Social Security Benefits are Weighted
The method of figuring benefits is weighted in favor of workers with low average lifetime earnings and those with families. This is because the program attempts to achieve social adequacy as well as individual equity. The goal of social adequacy assures that individuals receive a level of benefits that reflects their lesser ability to prepare for the risk. The goal of individual equity means that a person receives a reasonable return on his/her investment in Social Security.
Thus, while it is true that higher earners receive higher benefits, lower-paid workers receive higher benefits in relation to their earnings in employment covered by Social Security than do higher-paid workers. (Earnings replacement rates are about 60 percent for minimum wage earners, 42 percent for average wage earners, and 26 percent for high earners.)
In addition, the eligible members of the family of a retired, disabled, or deceased worker are paid benefits up to a family maximum. As a result, Social Security has made a substantial contribution to raising people’s income above the poverty level. It is estimated that if there were no Social Security, there would be almost four aged poor persons for everyone that is now classified as poor. Thus, any additional cost to the program as a result of the weighting of benefits is more than offset by the social gains that result.

Social Security has a toll-free number that operates from 7a.m. to 7p.m., Monday to Friday: 1-800-772-1213 If you have a touch-tone phone, recorded information and services are available 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our toll-free "TTY" number, 1-800-325-0778, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Please have your Social Security number handy when you call us.

CHILD’S BENEFITS

In fact, children under 18 may qualify for benefits based on their mother’s or father’s work if either parent is deceased, or retired, or disabled. The child may be a natural child, stepchild, adopted child, or, under certain conditions, a grandchild. To qualify, a child must be:

• Under age 18 (or under 19, if still in high school), or
  • Disabled before age 22 and unable to work because of the disability, and
  • Unmarried
Nearly 40 percent of current Social Security beneficiaries are non-retirees.

SURVIVORS BENEFITS
Survivors benefits are paid to the eligible members of a worker’s family. In addition to the eligible children identified above, other family members may include:
  • Widow or widower age 60 or older,
  • A widow or widower disabled at age 50
  • A divorced spouse may qualify on the same basis as a widow or widower if the marriage lasted 10 years or more.
  • A dependent parent 62 or older.

That is a good point. If he was close to KC's age his work history isn't that long so then he won't have that high of benefits available so KC will get little to nothing anyway.

That is a good point. If he was close to KC's age his work history isn't that long so then he won't have that high of benefits available so KC will get little to nothing anyway.

Exactly . . . uh I mean absolutely!
:)

In order to get SS payments for Caylee, Casey would have had to name the father and then somehow prove he was the one. You can't just accuse some dead guy and collect his SS benefits.

If Casey was collecting SS benefits, LE would know it, and they'd know who the father is.

I If u think about it a woman can put any mans name on the birth certificate with out the man sighning. I no my sons father never sighned any papers.

This is just my personal experience on the situation.

Not in the state of Florida they have to be there to sign.

In order to get SS payments for Caylee, Casey would have had to name the father and then somehow prove he was the one. You can't just accuse some dead guy and collect his SS benefits.

If Casey was collecting SS benefits, LE would know it, and they'd know who the father is.

Yes, Social Security needs proof of paternity for a surviving child's claim. And, as discussed above, if the guy was around Casey's age, he might not even have had enough SS earnings to amount to much. Also, if he by any chance had other kids, there is a family maximum in SS (the kids all share one "pot" of money).

The end.

In order to receive survivors benefits, the deceased worker must have earned the required number of Social Security credits and survivors must meet the following requirements:
  • A widow or widower may be able to receive full benefits at age 65 if born before 1940. (The age to receive full benefits is gradually increasing to age 67 for widows and widowers born in 1940 or later.) Reduced widow or widower benefits can be received as early as age 60. If the surviving spouse is disabled, benefits can begin as early as age 50. For more information on widows, widowers and other survivors, visit Widows, Widowers & Other Survivors.
  • A widow or widower can receive benefits at any age if she or he takes care of the deceased worker's child who is entitled to a child's benefit and is younger than age 16 or disabled.
  • A deceased worker's unmarried children who are younger than age 18 (or up to age 19 if they are attending elementary or secondary school full time) also can receive benefits. Children can get benefits at any age if they were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled. Under certain circumstances, benefits also can be paid to stepchildren, grandchildren or adopted children.
  • A deceased worker's dependent parents can receive benefits if they are age 62 or older. (For parents to qualify as dependents, the deceased worker would have had to provide at least one-half of their support.)
  • A deceased worker's former wife or husband who is age 60 or older (as early as age 50 if disabled) can get benefits if the marriage lasted at least 10 years. A former spouse, however, does not have to meet the age or length-of-marriage rule if he or she is caring for his/her child who is younger than age 16 or who is disabled and also entitled based on the deceased worker's work. The child must be the deceased worker's former spouse's natural or legally adopted child.
There is no minimum monthly Social Security benefit, although for administrative reasons, we will not pay a benefit of less than $1.00. However, to receive any amount of Social Security benefits, you must have the minimum amount of work credits. Everyone born in 1929 or later needs 40 credits to be eligible for retirement benefits. Therefore since you can earn four credits per year, you will need at least 10 years of work to become eligible for retirement benefits.

Some more info above.

They do not have any easy way to determine how much a benifit would be.

After reading through this thread, I have a few comments/questions to add into the fray.

1. Casey didn't want to call deceased father bio dad, IMHO, when JG was alive and with way more potential that the sperm donor dad. She was in true Casey form and was "shopping around." Jesse was even willing to take on Caylee as his own but I think she wasn't interested in him anymore since his family, especially JG's dad, was on to her shenannigans. She saw more potential in JG than the real bio dad and that is why she insisted on not trying to prove that the deceased father was the true dad. Anything for love......er, money.

2. If Casey said she "worked" and made money. Did she file tax returns? If the LE wants to add on more charges, they could simply look into her tax filing history, couldn't they?

3. I am wondering if Casey was helping herself to her GP's checking account. Could she have gotten the idea from her parents possibly doing the same thing to supplement their income and make life easier bringing up Caylee now? Must say this is total speculation, on my part

2. If Casey said she "worked" and made money. Did she file tax returns? If the LE wants to add on more charges, they could simply look into her tax filing history, couldn't they?

What could they charge her with? Do you think she filed tax returns showing that she made money she really didn't make and then paid taxes on it? If she didn't work and didn't claim an income - what would they charge her with?

What could they charge her with? Do you think she filed tax returns showing that she made money she really didn't make and then paid taxes on it? If she didn't work and didn't claim an income - what would they charge her with?

Duh, sorry good point. All that talk earlier of Tax filings had me thinking about how Casey would find a way to make more money. Now just wondering if her parent's claimed them.

The IRS can go after her for not filing taxes but that about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA