Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't someone have noticed Caylee being in the car? I guess this might be possible. Has LE ever tracked down the guys who helped her push her car after if ran out of gas?

Depends on where she put her for "safe keeping" until she returned with help or gas.
Just a thought. I found it strange there was such a long pause to that particular question.

Earlier, tapu posted that Casey's account of the Pontiac running out of gas circumstantially was not only an odd expression but, from the mouth of a liar, probably meant it was not circumstantial but deliberate that she went to Amscot to abandon the car. I think that is good sleuthing. Another expression that hooked me was her use of "neutral". Casey said she went to Sawgrass, Zenaida & Caylee were not there, so she waited for them and then went to some place neutral. What is Orlando, a game board?! Neutral here does not make good sense. Ever since I heard Casey say it, I've been asking myself, "What sort of revealing slip of the tongue is this?" There was no Sawgrass apartment belonging to a nanny but she is describing the moments when she lost her daughter. Before she returned to Tony's, she went to a neutral location. If it's true, what purpose would that serve, even if waiting for Zenaida? And since that is a fantasy nanny, was she looking for a place with no associations, no meaning, nothing to identify it? A place where she would confront no one and nothing? That is how I think of a neutral place, as in "retire to neutral corners" in the middle of a fight. Also where it is seen that one is not taking sides. Was she following instructions, even if her own? Staying out of the line of fire. Does this nondescript place describe Caylee's whereabouts? Or at least where Casey left her? The most void, vacant spot imaginable.

Hello WS :)

Casey Anthony
Interview @Universal Studios

LE: And can I tell you just for certainty everything you've told me so far has been a lie.
(skip)
LE: 'Cause obviously I know and you know that everything you've told me is a lie, correct?
CA: Not everything that I told you.
(skip)
CA: I absolutely do not...
LE: Listen to me...
CA: ...know where she is.
(skip)
LE: Yeah I...I'm very confident just by having talked to you in the short period of time that you know where she is.
(skip)
LE: I understand that right now Caylee may not be in very good shape. You understand what I'm saying?
CA: (no verbal response)
LE: She may not be the way we or the way your family remembers her. We need to find out from you where Caylee is. This...this...this right now is just...this has gone so far downhill and this has become such a mess.
CA: Uh-huh
LE: We need to end it. It's very simple we just need to end it.
CA: I agree with you. I have no clue where she is.
(skip)
LE: At this point we can explain that you're afraid you know, that you were ashamed or maybe something bad that happened. You were afraid that, maybe what's happened. But now we're giving you this opportunity and you continue to lie and you continue to lie. Then what happens at some point it becomes there's no excuse, there's no reason, there's no reasonable, a reasonable person can look at this and go wow, this is a person who really just doesn't care, okay?
(skip)
LE: (skip) We're all human beings...
LE: ...okay. You tell me you're ...you're...you know, you're a smart person, figure it out okay. Is that you have lied to him about all these things.
(skip)
LE: We wouldn't be here. So, we know and this is the part we need to get past. We already know that you're not telling us the truth. That you know what happened to Caylee and you know where Caylee is.
CA: No
LE: But here's...here's...here's what we're trying to get by is that there's...you're...you're...you fall under one or two categories. And I'm sure he explained it and I explained it. Is that if this is something that an accident happened and, and no matter how you think people are gonna look at you, they're gonna look at you a lot worse if they show...if you continue to show that you're callous or not caring and that you show complete dispassion and disregard for human life.
(end)

Nothing new here, I just think LE said it best.

Then what happens at some point it becomes there's no excuse, there's no reason, there's no reasonable, a reasonable person can look at this and go wow, this is a person who really just doesn't care, okay?

I know we can't convict or even arrest someone because of their behavior. But, there is a point where any "normal" or innocent person would begin to behave differently.

Casey may have been good at faking having real human emotions during her life, but in a crisis situation her lack of truly understanding how most human beings think and feel is glaringly apparent. LE even tells her how human beings think and feel and says her lack of emotion comes across like she is cold and unfeeling and all Casey can say is "uh-huh."

Again, perfect statement: "a reasonable person can look at this and go wow, this is a person who really just doesn't care, okay?" And, I think that is what the jury will determine also, jmo.

:cow:

Yes, but her friends didn't think she was someone who didn't graduate high school. She told them she'd attended Valencia. Heck, she even said that in her police interview. It's since been proven that she was never enrolled there.

Perhaps she even went so far as to tell her parents she attended there too? It would be a great way to scam more money (books, etc.) and demand more babysitting time from her parents.

That was one of my favorite parts of the entire thing, that after all the lying had been pointed out to her, and she admitted to it all, she goes right ahead and says she's been a student at Valencia for "about a year and a half". I mean, what .. does she think that makes her look like a big shot that she's been a college student for a year and a half, like all of her friends are? It's so blatantly a lie and so easy to find out in a split second that it's not true but she steam rolls right ahead with it. She's just been caught red handed lying about her office and now she tells this even more bold faced lie with complete callous confidence! It's truly amazing. It's at moments like that that I hate her less and am fascinated with her brain activity more.

John Wayne Gayce's brain slices ... move over. A big dog's rollin' in.

Ok that was cruel. But you know what I mean. If she is given the DP, my wish is that in a heated moment of compassionate humanity, at the last minute, she requests that her brain be donated to science.

Is that horrible to say? Am I gonna get banned? God I've had such a bad day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500