Casey Visited by Doctor

How much does all this cost the tax payers of Florida for all the special treatment?
Hope KC has nightmares every day and every night!

How much does all this cost the tax payers of Florida for all the special treatment?
Hope KC has nightmares every day and every night!
I only know that I hope Florida is like another state. They provide attys "pro bono" but they bill you in the end.

I know this is somewhat OT, and with my legal background I should probably know this answer - but I don't......

What is so wrong about a defense attorney realizing his client is crackers - at any point in the case - and notifying the court that there needs to be a change in plea?

If your client has diminished capacity or is unfit to assist in their own defense, well - that is the way it is! I just don't get it?
I think that Casey is so far from diminished capacity that it makes my head swim. She is fully competent as evidenced by her letters written in jail. I think people are upset when they see someone as calculating and smart as Casey might get off on a crackpot claim. She has
shown by her behavior in court that she is fully capable of participating in her own defense.

I think that Casey is so far from diminished capacity that it makes my head swim. She is fully competent as evidenced by her letters written in jail. I think people are upset when they see someone as calculating and smart as Casey might get off on a crackpot claim. She has
shown by her behavior in court that she is fully capable of participating in her own defense.

ITA. I think Baez's whole problem is that she won't let him use a diminished capacity defense. I mean, Casey, admit that something is wrong in her head? I highly doubt the word "therapist" is allowed to be used in her family. I'm doubting anything to suggest it has been found in that family, unless it's all going to be blamed solely on Cindy, and even then, I doubt Cindy would EVER go along with that.

There's no diminished capacity there, only no soul and pure evil. There's no therapy in the world that fix that. Baez is a FOOL for even trying to bring that in to get her less time. I'd think it'll get her even more time. It's like Lucas Coe's attorney focusing on his client's suffering after what his client did to a four year old girl. Juries don't like lawyers treating them like they're stupid. If Baez and Mason treat the jury like that, Casey is sunk even more.

I just highly doubt after observing Casey in court for two months, that a last minute, oh something's wrong in her head and she's just sick and needs help is going to have any positive affect for Casey.

Hopefully the next doctor they call is a lobotomist....that noggin needs to be studied for sure....

I think they had K. examined mentally when first arrested.I believe she was ruled as competant.I will say any young woman who goes to bed with every man she knows has a problem.She went back and forth with how many of them,read the transcripts especially with Amy,its a constant subject.She doesnt know who her childs father is? I'm not condoning her I'm just saying she has a sexual problem.I think (IMO) it stems from a lack of love from her family.Every other page we read is full of who she slept with.It is sad as many of those men used her!

Interesting that he appears to specialize in disassociative disorder.
I wonder if this is an indication as to how the defense is going to lean.

A. Casey was sexually abused as a child.
B. Casey began suffering from untreated disassociative disorder in order to cope with ongoing sexual abuse.
C.'Casey' didn't harm Caylee. But one of Casey's alters did (maybe she had an alter named 'Zanny'?

I wonder if they will claim only the one alter or if they will claim more?

I really had expected them to go with Caylee dying accidently then Casey breaking from reality and losing contact with reality after she found her.
And her mother wouldn't have noticed any of this over the years? :waitasec: Or is Cindy going to get thrown under the bus for being a trained RN with her head in the sand, oblivious to what is going on in her own house that she seems to control? :waitasec: The defense might try it but I doubt it will have any bearing on what the jury decides. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back