Casey's Confinement, Mail; Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a high profile case like this, it is very unlikely she will ever make it into general population, for her own safety.

I agree.

Being confined won't break Casey. IMO She won't talk, but I think Casey is probably pretty miserable right now.

Yes, I tend to agree. Jail and prison is a society in and of itself. There are rules, codes and diciplines on the "inside" that differ to the "outside" but a society just the same. IMHO KC will mold herself into this society just fine, probably make some new friends. Frankly, she will do probably quite well. All bills paid. Doesn't have to worry anymore about gas. No cooking, cleaning or that other bothersome stuff. Free healthcare. Free dental. Doesn't have to really impress anyone. KC will finally be surrounded by her true peers. No one to hold her accountable for anything. I think KC will thrive.

Yup! She will be the prison princess!

Baby killers don't exactly go over well with inmates. She's lucky she's confined alone.

Right now KC is in a secured confinement. She is separated from the rest of the inmates for her safety. I have a question, what happens if she goes to trial on the check fraud charges (which I am guessing should happen before the murder trial) and gets a sentence of 3 or more years. Will she go to prison with the general population after that? I'm so tired of her special treatment and protection.

Most likely , Casey's charges which were already pending before the Grand Jury met, will be continued, by mutual agreement of the prosecution and defense, to a date which all hope will land after the cases which are enumerated in the indictments are concluded. If the cases pop up , they can again be continued by mutual agreement so as to preclude speedy trial issues.

This would all be done in the interests of "judicial economy."

....and would just be in keeping with how things are more traditionally handled.:)

She is going to be held until the homicide charges are dealt with anyway...What's the diff...
jmho

I don't think she'll break - maybe if she was in the general population.

Do prisoners have computer access?

This time may be different in that there is now a GJ indictment, much evidence has been revealed that is not favorable to her, and she is facing much more serious charges (murder 1 vs. child neglect) with no bond. She also has all the fraud charges hanging over her head now and that impending trial. I think she must be climbing the walls. I thought that when she was on home confinement and asking for those "secret" excursions.

:clap: I agree, Lacey: Climbing the walls.
I think of her often in that tiny cell. Others have said she has it made...no responsibility, etc. I so do not agree.
The only thing she has coming from the outside world now is mail.
Maybe I am just wanting her to be miserable? YES.:clap:
She shows the heights of stupidity to throw her life away for this cell she is now living in.
I take assurance now in remembering the sweats she woke up with while spending nights with TonE.:clap::clap::clap:
Also interesting she has no visits scheduled with any family!! Cindy says they are waiting on her.....hmmm

You'd be surprised how quickly people adapt to new surroundings. Their world becomes very small but they manage to find things to enjoy and pass the hours with. She will be served 3 meals a day and since she enjoys reading that helps fill in the hours. Plus she will have visits with her lawyer etc which will be a highlight for her. I would expect her to have already begun to build some type of bond with her jailors also. Casey adapts to her situation. We already know she has quite an imagination, she will be using that to help build her defence and plan her story she'll be wanting to sell. In her twisted mind imo she sees herself as walking away from this one day scott free and will be a celebrity, she's probably picturing herself walking out of the courtroom on the arm of her lawyer and her head held high!
I don't think reality will ever hit her until the verdict comes in and she hears the slamming of the prison doors, even then, she'll fill her hours and years with appeals.

VB

The harder she will get and being locked up will be less threatening and she will see it as her "new life". It will not break her.

ITA she will create a script and start playing a role.

The question I have is ... how many more deputies will lose their jobs during her extended stay in the county jail?

I think she will go stir crazy after a while. She needs a steady supply of attention, and being confined all by her self is gonna get tough.
Right now she gets one hour a day recreational time.

I had to laugh when they said she could play basketball or volleyball. How does one play volleyball by themselves?????
I guess she could play with her imaginary friends, co-workers, zannynannys.:rolleyes:

I read somewhere that when she was :behindbar: last time, she told another prisoner that her boyfriend/exboyfriend had taken Caylee. (That really narrows it down, HUH?):confused:

I wonder what kind of job she will have in there? Maybe she can use her skills as an "Event Planner" and set up some kickazz pokey parties!:woohoo:

She's already done an all white party, and now that she has that new designer wardrobe she could host an all black party!

She can serve up some of her delicious CASEY KOOL-ADE and take photos of the festivities.

Im hoping that being in the company of her own sick self will make her think about what she has done. I know its a long shot, but hopefully she will develop some kind of conscience......HAHAH yeah right!:shakehead:

I don't think she'll break - maybe if she was in the general population.

Do prisoners have computer access?

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure she will get that and anything else that she wants.

She'll end up owning the place.

You'd be surprised how quickly people adapt to new surroundings. Their world becomes very small but they manage to find things to enjoy and pass the hours with. She will be served 3 meals a day and since she enjoys reading that helps fill in the hours. Plus she will have visits with her lawyer etc which will be a highlight for her. I would expect her to have already begun to build some type of bond with her jailors also. Casey adapts to her situation. We already know she has quite an imagination, she will be using that to help build her defence and plan her story she'll be wanting to sell. In her twisted mind imo she sees herself as walking away from this one day scott free and will be a celebrity, she's probably picturing herself walking out of the courtroom on the arm of her lawyer and her head held high!
I don't think reality will ever hit her until the verdict comes in and she hears the slamming of the prison doors, even then, she'll fill her hours and years with appeals.

VB

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure....this is an excellent article written about her:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/10/19/222920.php

"As a sociopath, Casey wants to control her own destiny and create her own reality, abhorring any form of criticism or denigration. At some point, she might experience feelings of depression. These feelings would not be because her daughter is missing or dead, but because she lacks the freedom she craves. Having been arrested and accused, she is no longer in charge of her own fate, and for a sociopath, who values freedom more than anything else, that is devastating."

I think of her often in that tiny cell. Others have said she has it made...no responsibility, etc. I so do not agree.
She shows the heights of stupidity to throw her life away for this cell she is now living in.
I take assurance now in remembering the sweats she woke up with while spending nights with TonE.:clap::clap::clap:
Also interesting she has no visits scheduled with any family!! Cindy says they are waiting on her.....hmmm

I think she is not adapting as well as has been suggested, also.

Yes people can adapt to the sociology of prison. But Casey isn't in a society.
She is isolated. She has no inmate interactions. She is the entire citizenry of her one -person social system.

Any prisoner in protective custody to whom I have spoken has told me they want out. The isolation is a killer. The 23hours in/ one hour out is brutal.
They have told me they would rather take their chances and risk harm or death as opposed to being held in a "protective" mode.

That being said, Casey is in a real catch 22. In protective custody she is doing solitary time. Outside of protective custody, the confinement is less torturous but there has to be something from which she is being protected to be in protective confinement to begin with. Prisoners can be amazingly creative in accomplishing things they deem important. It never ceases to amaze me---the things they come up with...

Whatever that is may become reality if she is housed in a more traditional fashion.

I do wonder if she has reached the point at which she'd rather "take her chances" in population. She cannot be a queen if she has no subjects.

I don't believe Casey will divulge anything no matter how she is incarcerated.
She is too cold, too unfeeling, and too convinced she can get away with anything.
jmho

I would personally go nuts in jail without my own personal hygeine products. I noticed Casey looked good going in, her hair all shiny & bouncy. The next morning her hair looks drab and dirty.

I think she will definately miss those items us in the free world are able to choose from. She will have very limited items on hand to use. I hope she doesnt develope a serious itch. Nothing worse than watching a defendant itch & scratch during court proceedings.

I would personally go nuts in jail without my own personal hygeine products. I noticed Casey looked good going in, her hair all shiny & bouncy. The next morning her hair looks drab and dirty.

I think she will definately miss those items us in the free world are able to choose from. She will have very limited items on hand to use. I hope she doesnt develope a serious itch. Nothing worse than watching a defendant itch & scratch during court proceedings.

Not to mention her lifelines to the "beautiful life"...her laptop and her cell phone. I would think trying to breaking the addiction to those 2 things alone would drive her insane.

Right now KC is in a secured confinement. She is separated from the rest of the inmates for her safety. I have a question, what happens if she goes to trial on the check fraud charges (which I am guessing should happen before the murder trial) and gets a sentence of 3 or more years. Will she go to prison with the general population after that? I'm so tired of her special treatment and protection.

ME TOO!!!:furious:

It is possible that being in jail....I mean really being in jail this time. Without all the family visiting daily and without the possibility that she could be bailed out, it is possible that she will break. On the other hand, she has now had more time to get over whatever she did to Caylee and has a lawyer to help her keep her trap shut.

I think that when her face is no longer in front of the cameras as it is now and the attention is not really on her any more, she may come around and tell all.

She is not going to like being in jail for an extended period of time. My son has to spend some time in jail because I could not afford to bail him out, wouldn't have anyway, he needed to learn a lesson. But back on point, he was calling me everyday after a week and begging me to get him out of there. He was there for 6 weeks. It changed his whole world and he says he will never do anything again that could get him sent back there. Of course, he was not in solitary. Maybe they need to move her. I really don't think that she is a suicide risk.

I don't think she is a suicide risk at all. Me personally could in no way handle being in a solitary........but then nothing about her is normal I guess.

*Snipped*

I so do not agree either.

If my memory serves me correctly, during the first stay in jail,LP stated that Casey pleaded with him..."if you will just get me out of this place"....

I believe Casey even had a difficult time adapting to her home confinement. This is why she spent so much time in her Attorney's office.

Yep, she is climbing the walls. IMO
I so do not feel a bit sorry for her either.:snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads