Casey's deleted myspace messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has amazing implications, IMO. I always had a feeling that Lee was responsible for the bsod...now this. Just wow!

Kudos BJB!!

Just re-listened to AL's audio of 7/22/08 recounting the events earlier in the day of 7/15. At approx. 36:12 AL says he was just sitting there on the couch playing video games while kc was on the laptop, when they heard a knock @ the door. He admits texting kc @ about 8 pm, her cell goes off @ his house, he finds Amy's number & calls. 20 min later LA calls him and advises situation w/caylee. No mention of missing child to AL until about 8:30 on 7/15!

http://www.wftv.com/video/17558127/index.html

Unless kc was using tone's or someone else's laptop - there was no bsod as of early evening b4 kc went home w/CA & AH.

Just re-listened to AL's audio of 7/22/08 recounting the events earlier in the day of 7/15. At approx. 36:12 AL says he was just sitting there on the couch playing video games while kc was on the laptop, when they heard a knock @ the door. He admits texting kc @ about 8 pm, her cell goes off @ his house, he finds Amy's number & calls. 20 min later LA calls him and advises situation w/caylee. No mention of missing child to AL until about 8:30 on 7/15!

http://www.wftv.com/video/17558127/index.html

Unless kc was using tone's or someone else's laptop - there was no bsod as of early evening b4 kc went home w/CA & AH.

Here's some more context from JWG on the BSOD point, wenwe. HTH.

The laptop.

This was left at Tony's after Cindy pulled KC out of the apartment earlier that evening. KC generally used Internet Explorer on this computer, although on July 13 she downloaded and began using Safari as well. It appears that Safari was set as her default browser from that point on.

KC clearly tried covering her tracks because the web page history for Internet Explorer is missing, indicating she deleted the history. However, the cookies remain, as does the recent document history which records which files she has created, opened, and saved. Also, her Safari surfing history was preserved, so either she had not figured out how to delete that or just had not gotten around to it.

So from the above it appears that the last recorded activity on the laptop occurred at 5:42 PM on the 15th. Now, this does not mean that KC did not use the computer after that time - she probably did. The last activity recorded is her login to AIM, so she probably began chatting at that point. She may also have done additional surfing on Internet Explorer and simply erased the history. But it does not appear to me that Tony or Lee or anyone else used the laptop.
*snipped & BBM to focus on the laptop in response to wenwe4's post*

OT re: Myspace, however, :twocents: RE BSOD, if someone wants to carry on w/ that topic... FWIW, the 5:42PM laptop login coincides w/ the time Casey made the first attempt to call AT&T billing. The call connected, but, the duration was only 3 seconds. After 17 minutes Casey called AT&T billing again @ 5:59PM and the call lasted just over 1 minute. Then, 27 minutes after the 2nd call, Casey made the 3rd and final call to AT&T billing @ 6:26PM and the call lasted 3 minutes.

So...IMHO, hard to ignore the coincidental timing of the laptop login & the beginning of the AT&T call series. Perhaps the 5:42PM call was placed to attempt paying over the phone w/ Amy's account info & she had a brainstorm that she could try it online...hung-up to try. Then...after the boot-up and login some authentication routine online forced her to try it via phone. :waitasec:

If there's a great deal of interest in diving into the BSOD further (IIRC there is some discussion of it in the Computer Forensics thread), perhaps it deserves its own thread. Just :twocents:

I am sooooo not a computer techy, but BJB and JWG and all of the others - you inspire and forever keep me in awe! What a wealth of talents the WS'rs collective bring to the table. LE, SA, and Defense Atty's all should be utilizing the free and in-depth forensic analysis provided by caring individuals who are willing to put forth such time and energy and strengths.

Ok, back to topic - so if LA and KC were discussing deleting info off the computers, KC is spending much time on home computer while her bro goes to pick up the laptop, he's gone 2 hours and it suddenly develops the BSOD before he returns to the house to turn the laptop over to LE? Hmmmmm . . . . . . me thinks the timing is a tad bit fishy.

When Cindy went to pick up KC at Tony's, they went outside, then came back inside. KC went into the bedroom for a few minutes, during which time Cindy made the statement to Tony regards he better have a lot of money because KC was going to take him for everything he's worth.

I personally believe it was during this trip to the bedroom that KC caused the BSOD. Remember, she didn't even bring her cell with her when she left with Cindy. She went in that bedroom for something though.

I'll be happy to find the link to her going into the bedroom if anyone wants it. Just poke me :)

When Cindy went to pick up KC at Tony's, they went outside, then came back inside. KC went into the bedroom for a few minutes, during which time Cindy made the statement to Tony regards he better have a lot of money because KC was going to take him for everything he's worth.

I personally believe it was during this trip to the bedroom that KC caused the BSOD. Remember, she didn't even bring her cell with her when she left with Cindy. She went in that bedroom for something though.

I'll be happy to find the link to her going into the bedroom if anyone wants it. Just poke me :)

Poke! (Not that I doubt you, just was curious what else was said in that link) TIA

BeanE, I too remember it happening that way. It never occurred to me about what she may have been doing, though. CA had told her to get her things, she went into the bedroom for a few minutes and, IIRC, didn't even bring anything with her. Sooooo, yes, what was she doing for those few minutes . . . .

BeanE, I too remember it happening that way. It never occurred to me about what she may have been doing, though. CA had told her to get her things, she went into the bedroom for a few minutes and, IIRC, didn't even bring anything with her. Sooooo, yes, what was she doing for those few minutes . . . .

I agree YS!! in TL's audio he says exactly what you stated above, but what I was curious about was that laptop. KC was on the couch w/laptop when knock came @ the door. Amy w/horrible expression on her face, CA called KC outside for 30 min. (I'm thinking laptop sat on the couch @ this point as KC would have urgently set it aside). Then kc comes in, CA says get your stuff, kc said I'm comin back here (so I don't need to take my stuff?) But she did go into the bedroom for a few minutes. I bet TL could tell us whether she grabbed the laptop and took it w/her into the bedroom. One way or another, betweeen this moment and when LA returned to the A's home in the wee hours the next morning, the laptop suddenly caught the dreaded flu aka bsod.

FWIW...consider that the events described here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4783131&postcount=37"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Cindy's attempts to contact "Zanny"?[/ame]

...are what resulted in Casey deleting her MS wall posts (from April 24) up through the specific date 7/3.

It doesn't explain why she left the Fusian pics. Perhaps there was enough in the wall posts that she thought that was what gave it away to Lee.

Still holds that the mass deletion of online items happened on 7/15PM w/ LE @ the house. :doh:

On a related note, I find it interesting that Casey apparently discontinued receiving updates to her phone from her Facebook account on 6/24. :waitasec:

Yeah, what the heck was she in there for, to floss her teeth? Good thought, she left absolutely everything there, including her mother's laptop. You would think she would want to take that with her under any other circumstances, or at least her cell phone, but she seemd to think it was safer keeping them at TL's.
I know she insisted she was going to returnto TL's, but if that was the case, why go into the bedroom at all?
Hmm.

BBM
Very Plausible. :waitasec:

TL said they were on the couch, he playing video games she on the lap top.
Speculating, when Casey went back inside with Cindy she picked up the laptop and went into the bedroom with it while Cindy and TL have a brief Convo and Casey caused the BSCOD on the laptop.

I agree she went into the bedroom for something since Casey left without her cellphone and purse or bag with her wallet in it, I believe, because Lee came home with the laptop and a bag which contents were dropped onto the floor ...when LE quickly snatched up something and Cindy grabbed the money

FWIW...consider that the events described here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Cindy's attempts to contact "Zanny"?

...are what resulted in Casey deleting her MS wall posts (from April 24) up through the specific date 7/3.

It doesn't explain why she left the Fusian pics. Perhaps there was enough in the wall posts that she thought that was what gave it away to Lee.

Still holds that the mass deletion of online items happened on 7/15PM w/ LE @ the house. :doh:

On a related note, I find it interesting that Casey apparently discontinued receiving updates to her phone from her Facebook account on 6/24. :waitasec:

BBM
Was Casey using the home computer?
I wonder if the LE that were present were the ones who were responding to the first of Cindy's 911 calls about reporting the Casey stealing the car and money.. :waitasec:
Just thinking. :blushing:

1) panicked last minute visual sweep

2) checking herself out in a mirror/touching up makeup/adjusting hair

3) throwing a $h!% fit

4) moving/planting evidence (more so than the trash from his and his roommates apartment being mixed in with evidence and decomp from her daughter, I believe some of Caylee "basketball sized stain" was on the trash bag that was thrown into the dumpster by SB)

5) being creepy and listening to what Cindy would say behind her back

6) take off/hide something she had stolen that Cindy would recognize ie jewelry, credit card, ID

If I get in Casey's mind set, I think probably a little of all of that went on during her momentary absence.

OT here, but does anyone else suspect Cindy the type of mom that would go through Casey's things? Probably even right in front of her a couple of times when she'd been caught stealing...
I would think if I had a mom that snooped every chance given the opportunity or if I'd given her a reason to be suspicious of me, say I were a sneaky thief, I would learn to find hiding spots. Most likely away from the home that my mothers hands were all over, all the time.

BBM
Was Casey using the home computer?
I wonder if the LE that were present were the ones who were responding to the first of Cindy's 911 calls about reporting the Casey stealing the car and money.. :waitasec:
Just thinking. :blushing:

Covered in detail in the Case Analysis Forum, Intermezzo. "Events Post 911 Calls..."

ETA: Link [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93000"]Events Post 911 Calls Up to 7-16 Arrest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther