"Cash" for Lindsey

I've grown a little tired of a certain set beating the donation drum like a birther movement

Novice:

I can only assume you are planning on donating. Given your concern, I will address your donation (publicly). There will be no confusion as to the amount, where the money goes, what it is spent on, and who it came from (you)

If you had no plan of donating one might question your motivation.

Of course, no ones' questioning that..

So, if I chose not to donate to this cause my motivation is suspect?? If I seek answers to clarify some controversial issues then my motive is suspect??
The ONLY motivation that I have is because of LINDSEY, the little girl, while wandering the streets alone, was abducted. What drives my motivation? Is JUSTICE FOR LINDSEY, the ONLY victim who many fear in the deepest part of our hearts suffered great pain and suffering in those last moments before someone took her life.

How can I seek justice? By QUESTIONING any element of this crime that I believe may have been involved before, during and after that horrific crime was committed and that includes 3 bank accounts that are surrounded in controversy of how and who had access to the money. So, NO I won't be donating to this fundraiser because I don't trust how MY money would be spent.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your frustration everytime we're told one truth only for it to be corrected and we're given a new truth. I'm very frustrated that the local LE treats this case as if they've looked into every tip and investigated what they feel could have been connected to this crime. Yet, LE is content with the many conflicting statements of that night by several of the key players in this case.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion about my motivation and we can all get back to discussing this case.

Novice Seeker

I'm not familiar with the "unanswered" questions but as for the fundraiser itself this is my two cents: they may have something quoted on the window of the place where the event is to be held however the actual people holding the event to my knowledge have clearly stated that it is for the search.
Are there not already fundraisiing efforts..for the reward set up through Sterling Savings banks? Maybe if that was the focus and on announcements along with the local "Cash for Lindsey Night" ...with the Dan guy performing the Johnny Cash Tribute? That should be the main headline...and also not donations can be made at... (the bank)

The "Cash for Lindsey" is for the search center to operate....and the Sterling Bank is where the mony needs to be donated for the reward?? Am I correct?

I apologize in advance for this posting and I hope that I have not overstepped my bounds. I know that I am frustrated but hopefully my point was able to make it through.

Novice Seeker: No that does not include "the establishment" it includes the people in charge of putting together an event- Just because you have a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese does not mean that they have a "personal role" in your event outside of that happens to be where it is being held.

I am not sure why you always seem to be trying to add twists where the family and funding is concerned - but that is your prerogative and one you fully have the right to. We see how the family lives and what they drive and how they survive, we see the mom showing up every weekend, struggling, constantly trying to piece things together - if and when we choose to hold a fundraiser for "the family" we will happily and rightly inform all of the fact that a fundraiser is being held for "the family", as I've previously stated.

As for the event being held on the 27th and 28th it is to raise funds for the "search" for Lindsey.

Some may not like how we run our searches, where we choose to search, who the family is, the fact that we need donations or even who we are etc etc. But being a voice that deters people from wanting to help is the exact reason why Lindsey's reward has not been updated or is stagnant at an amount that is "not likely" to make someone come forward. With the few donations the reward fund has received we are still unable to update a new reward.

We have had a few caring and generous people make donations to the search fund and they should take pride in knowing that they have helped to keep the search center open and running thus far. A search entails a lot more then simply posting online that there will be a search then tromping through the woods - it requires, time, posters, fliers, food, advertising, a building, electricity, supplies etc etc.

I challenge those who are truly concerned about how the money is being used to show up at the search center see how the funds are utilized and help us search for Lindsey.

I'm not attempting to miscontrue any statements or anything else. Simply looking for the truth. Perhaps MB, KK or MM could resolve some of the controversy about this money issue then others would feel more trusting and donate to this fund. Does anyone have contact information of someone who could help resolve this issue?

Novice Seeker

Are there not already fundraisiing efforts..for the reward set up through Sterling Savings banks? Maybe if that was the focus and on announcements along with the local "Cash for Lindsey Night" ...with the Dan guy performing the Johnny Cash Tribute? That should be the main headline...and also not donations can be made at... (the bank)

The "Cash for Lindsey" is for the search center to operate....and the Sterling Bank is where the mony needs to be donated for the reward?? Am I correct?

Hopefully this answers your questions: I apologize I have quite the headache today so if this does not answer your questions please let me know.

There are a few fundraisers for the reward in the planning stages but those are not things that you can just quickly or easily throw together. Small events don't appear to work well for the reward because the time that they require is typically extensive as is the detail planning, finding a way to interest people in helping and for local events there is honestly not enough people to make it worthwhile. The few fundraisers we have tried previously were helpful for search purposes but not what you would call too successful.

It is unfortunate but in order to get donations especially donations that will be significant enough to allow us to up the reward and make it worthwhile to reprint new reward fliers etc, we are often having to "provide" more than simply a cause and in order to do that we need and have so far needed - non-profit status (which G.O.C has assisted with), dedicated volunteers (which we have), the help of people and businesses. All I can say to that is so far we've ran across some really neat people just not enough yet to get the event(s) underway.

Donations can be made for both accounts at any Sterling Savings bank as long as the donor specifies which account they want to donate to Lindsey Baum Search Fund (100% towards search related needs) or Lindsey Baum Reward Fund (100% towards reward fund).

I'm not attempting to miscontrue any statements or anything else. Simply looking for the truth. Perhaps MB, KK or MM could resolve some of the controversy about this money issue then others would feel more trusting and donate to this fund. Does anyone have contact information of someone who could help resolve this issue?

Novice Seeker

Maybe that is the problem I am having. I just have not yet seen an important question regarding the accounts that has not been addressed. Many implications by many but no actual answerable questions.

It seems that maybe some people want Law Enforcement to step in and say something regarding the accounts and I can almost guarantee you that they will not - it is not their place nor their job to do so. But I am comfortable throwing out here that I don't believe you will EVER find a missing persons case where any associated accounts are not watched and/or monitored quite frequently by the authorities.

Maybe that is the problem I am having. I just have not yet seen an important question regarding the accounts that has not been addressed. Many implications by many but no actual answerable questions.

It seems that maybe some people want Law Enforcement to step in and say something regarding the accounts and I can almost guarantee you that they will not - it is not their place nor their job to do so. But I am comfortable throwing out here that I don't believe you will EVER find a missing persons case where any associated accounts are not watched and/or monitored quite frequently by the authorities.

It is normal for a reward account to be set up but haven't known of any cases before that had 3 accounts. Do you know why they were set up? IIRC when the LRC and Klass foundation came in to set up a search wasn't there some questions or issues about a lack of money in an account which had been designated for that purpose? Can't remember where I saw that so I'll have to go back thru my notes.

Novice Seeker

It is normal for a reward account to be set up but haven't known of any cases before that had 3 accounts. Do you know why they were set up? IIRC when the LRC and Klass foundation came in to set up a search wasn't there some questions or issues about a lack of money in an account which had been designated for that purpose? Can't remember where I saw that so I'll have to go back thru my notes.

Novice Seeker

Novice Seeker - hopefully this can help answer some of your questions and those of others as well!

It is very normal for more than 1 account to be set up if there is continuing searches being conducted. LE Does not continue to search past the initial week or so therefore all conducted ground searches, unless tip based, are done primarily on a volunteer basis. That calls for a search center to be set up which then requires funds to operate - making an account or fund necessary in order to track donations/spending.

The search fund was NOT set up until AFTER LRC and KlaasKids search was over so I imagine there may have been an issue with funds not being available at that time. As a matter of fact that is when it became obvious that an account had to be set up in order to continue searches.

There is a large majority of cases such as those involving a missing child when the family is faced with more serious than normal financial hardships making it helpful when a 3rd party decides of their own volition to set up an account to "help the family". If any monies go to an account to "help the family" then that is something that is noted when the account is discussed.

As it stands right now even with the account that was set up by a friend of the family (which is not connected with the family/search center/search fund/or reward fund)- all donations unless specifically stated for the family have been donated to the search fund. No one is out to be scandalous in this situation. You are not dealing with a money hungry family in this situation - you are dealing with a MOM who wants her daughter home and is willing to put all her time and energies into taking care of her family and bringing her daughter home.

If you have any questions what-so-ever I am happy to try and answer those for you to the best of my personal ability should it be something that concerns the search fund or the reward fund.

Just for the record here is a list of things that the search fund can/is used for:

Fliers(missing persons, reward, fund-raising, updated versions of all the previous mentioned fliers) , printer ink (for the search center), printer paper, food for searchers, P.I.'s, Specialized searchers/dogs, office supplies for the search center, candlelight vigil costs, misc. search supplies (tape, tagging tape, pens, clipboards, paperwork, fundraisers (for search only), search center costs, etc etc. -

When LRC and Klaaskids were here, there were no funds. They are the ones who advised us on how to set them up and they were still here when they were set up the Monday after the search ended. The old Timberland acct was set up initially, to help yes..... the family during the first few days of Lindsey going missing. There has only been minimal donations that have gone in it and yes they are transfered by the person who opened the acct into the Sterling Savings acct Search Fund. Yes, she keeps the records to prove it. The Reward Fund was set up as just that, so that it will hopefully encourage someone who may know something to come forward but not willing to on moral alone. That is a 2 signature (neither of which are me), third party monitored acct; meaning if some reason at anytime LE, FBI, IRS wants to look at it they can. Contact info is obtained by those who donate to this acct, so if for some reason the reward is not paid out, the donations are returned to the donors. Unless the donors specifies it to go to a different organization. The Search Fund (also at Sterling) was set up at the same time as reward. These funds which have been minimal no thanks to some people who seem to try to stop people from donating to either fund by trying to do nothing but try to raise suspicion, are for anything related to searching for my daughter, supplies for search center, food for searchers, flyers, ink, pens, all of that costs you got it....money!! We want to bring in special dogs and pi but need money to do this. This is what all of the fundraising attempts are for. Yes, I do have my own money coming in... very little, barely enough,but enough. I'm not working and haven't since Lindsey's abduction. I need to focus my full time looking for my baby girl. Plus, in order to go back to my job, I have to repeat 7 weeks training again, and cannot miss 1 day during that time. Right now, this isn't realistic. I am not trying to make a profit or get rich, I just want my daughter back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have questions, just ask; I am not hiding anything. I am happy to answer any questions that will not jeopardize the investigation. No I will not divulge any info regarding that. I don't get on here normally, but I have many friends on this forum that will make sure any questions are brought to my attention and I will respond. I don't read these forums, nor do I read the websites because it is just too painful. Thank you to all of you that are here for Lindsey! I love you all and can't thank you enough.

MOM BAUM - :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

When your beautiful baby girl is found you will have peace in your heart...peace that comes from knowing you have done everything possible to find her. Please take good care of yourself.

When LRC and Klaaskids were here, there were no funds. They are the ones who advised us on how to set them up and they were still here when they were set up the Monday after the search ended. The old Timberland acct was set up initially, to help yes..... the family during the first few days of Lindsey going missing. There has only been minimal donations that have gone in it and yes they are transfered by the person who opened the acct into the Sterling Savings acct Search Fund. Yes, she keeps the records to prove it. The Reward Fund was set up as just that, so that it will hopefully encourage someone who may know something to come forward but not willing to on moral alone. That is a 2 signature (neither of which are me), third party monitored acct; meaning if some reason at anytime LE, FBI, IRS wants to look at it they can. Contact info is obtained by those who donate to this acct, so if for some reason the reward is not paid out, the donations are returned to the donors. Unless the donors specifies it to go to a different organization. The Search Fund (also at Sterling) was set up at the same time as reward. These funds which have been minimal no thanks to some people who seem to try to stop people from donating to either fund by trying to do nothing but try to raise suspicion, are for anything related to searching for my daughter, supplies for search center, food for searchers, flyers, ink, pens, all of that costs you got money!! We want to bring in special dogs and pi but need money to do this. This is what all of the fundraising attempts are for. Yes, I do have my own money coming in... very little as at this time not working full time looking for my baby girl. I am not trying to make a profit or get rich, I just want my daughter back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have questions, just ask; I am not hiding anything. I am happy to answer any questions that will not jeopardize the investigation. No I will not divulge any info regarding that. I don't get on here normally, but I have many friends on this forum that will make sure any questions are brought to my attention and I will respond. I don't read these forums, nor do I read the websites because it is just too painful. Thank you to all of you that are here for Lindsey! I love you all and can't thank you enough.

Hi Lindseys Mom, I want to thank you for coming in to post at WS. I just know that every person here have Lindsey and her coming back home alive in their constant thoughts. We have seemed to bond with a dedication to figure out what could have happened to her. And as John Walsh recently said, no one can ever appreciate what the family of a missing child goes thru. It is tumultuous from what he described.

As Sleuthers we are bound to look at everything that might have meaning in Lindsey's case. Since we really appreciate belonging to Websleuths, everyone is careful to respect the privacy of those not yet linked to the case. We do however dig down, pull apart and then see how things go back together so as to leave no stone unturned.

We pray for you and Josh and your family and friends. I so look forward to the day your adorable girl will be brought home to you all and hope it happens very soon so you can have her back for the Holidays. I think Lindsey loves holidays ;}

Krams

Novice Seeker

I do recall questions about a somewhat large donation being made when they (LRC/Klaaskids) came up. However, it wasn't deposited in our acct. When I asked LRC about it, they advised me that they (LRC) had received a donation that was specified to be used for the Lindsey Baum Search. So, it went to directly to LRC, not the Lindsey Funds. I don't know exactly how it was spent; I would have to assume it went to the large amount of food and office type supplies that they/we needed and were used. Any left over (excluding food)lol went to our current search center.
Thank you for your question, I hope that clears it up for you.

To Scandi and Eyes4crime Thank you for your kind words! They mean more than you could know.

Welcome to Websleuths, Lindsey's Mom!
a010.gif

f020.gif

I wish I could hug you for real. I'm so sorry for your pain.

Oops!
Just saw this:

Animal04216 said, on 9/30/2009, 11:42 am, in the REWARD FUND thread:

I have asked before that you not discuss the reward fund or any other fund on this forum. We are not soliciting funds on this board nor do the people who post here have anything to do with the accounts so knock it off. Im not going to ask again......please refrain or I will do what I have to do.

Sorry, Animal! I won't do that again!

Oops!
Just saw this:

Animal04216 said, on 9/30/2009, 11:42 am, in the REWARD FUND thread:

I have asked before that you not discuss the reward fund or any other fund on this forum. We are not soliciting funds on this board nor do the people who post here have anything to do with the accounts so knock it off. Im not going to ask again......please refrain or I will do what I have to do.

Sorry, Animal! I won't do that again!

God Bless Her Modship and I sure miss her being around. I would rather see our local posters give us more of a feeling as to what we know as the 'scene of the crime'.

Reading the Affidavit, it seemed most of the info LE and the Prosecutor was concerned with happened within those blocks between Kara's and Lindsey's house. I think that is where we need to focus. That is where she most likely was disabled or snatched. And figuring that out could lead to the area where she was finally brought, an area that would field a comfort zone for whoever disposed of her body if she is gone from us.

Just an old gal who has seen over and over again how COLD/getting COLD cases are solved. Going back to the 'scene of the crime'. xox

I do recall questions about a somewhat large donation being made when they (LRC/Klaaskids) came up. However, it wasn't deposited in our acct. When I asked LRC about it, they advised me that they (LRC) had received a donation that was specified to be used for the Lindsey Baum Search. So, it went to directly to LRC, not the Lindsey Funds. I don't know exactly how it was spent; I would have to assume it went to the large amount of food and office type supplies that they/we needed and were used. Any left over (excluding food)lol went to our current search center.
Thank you for your question, I hope that clears it up for you.

Humm, IIRC some of the posters have commented on this issue in the past and came on to our board and shared information that led us to believe they had first hand knowledge about the discrepancies. So much confusion and just can't understand why.

Novice Seeker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back