Caylee Anthony 2 years old #8: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought from closed thread:

~~~~liltigress~~~~

You're right.
HOW could she?

Should we put those in the "Myspace links" thread for this case?

Post grabbed: LOL

Didn't he say today while on the stand that he was ex-LE? I might have that wrong.

I do recall hearing that Jesse's family was friends of theirs.

That brings up the question of .. how close are they?

I recall the myspace comment from Lee to Casey about the Father's Day Card, (Idiots Guide to getting a job-something like that)..

So Jesse is driving on his way to resign from the OPD... why?

Cops don't just quit! It's in their blood, it's every part of their being.

Something strange about that Grund family myspace. I keep wanting to play dot-to-dot there.

I really don't recall if he said it or not, but I do recall him saying their family was friends with Jesse's family.

You are so right about cops, and I also wonder why Jesse resigned. For a young man this would seem like a pretty stable job with decent benefits.

Many years ago I worked with 2 former cops. One got this job through a connection he had, and left LE because of the increase in pay, and he helped his former LE buddy get a job there as well. These guys missed LE so much they got on some kind of volunteer patrol team to work some weeknights and every other weekend....yep it's in the blood alright.

I haven't had time to check out the Grund family MySpace but from what I keep reading I need to.

Brought over from closed thread ....which I'm not caught up on yet! lol

~~~SeriouslySearching~~~~

You're right.
We need to find ways to stop these things from happening.
Figuring out how will be a huge problem though.
How do you predict what someone may do?

Thanks for understand where I was coming from.
You can't predict what someone may do. What you can do is try to prevent the reasons for them to do it in the first place. Education. Parenting classes. Anger management. Better systems in place for monitoring at risk children with at risk parents.

You could tell by looking at all of the photos of Casey that she is a huge party girl. This is bad behavior for any parent. We need to identify those and find ways to deal with them on a larger scale. Crack heads like to go on myspace, too, and flaunt their partying. Maybe LE and social services need to spend a bit more time on myspace tracking the children of these people down to insure they are safe. Just a thought.

What I meant was, most LE that I know, do have a voice.. a loud one. This guy is really quiet. The fact that he brought LE to the side to discuss something with them is good. I believe he really does believe something has happened to Caylee. But when this all comes out in the end, I believe the rest of the family will lose it completely and Casey will be in prison. What will he have left? This is where I think he will crack. It seems like he's holding himself up better than the rest of the family.

But the part about his quietness that bugs me, I can't quiet decide yet.

It does look like he's playing the LE buddy system and that's not a bad thing at this point. I've seen many times of LE sticking together, regardless, and this may be one of those times.

Sad to say I have two ex's, and a third I almost married, who were/are LE and easy going and soft spoken at least not when working. (My goal in life seriously wasn't to increase their divorce stats but I was drawn to this type of man until it finally hit me that it just wasn't a good match.)

Jesse resigned his position?? I'd totally missed that. -- I remember the post where he was telling his mom not to worry about him in his new line of work and gathered he hadn't been a cop for long?? ok, I'm lost. Lost and more than a little numb still over the court info... :(

Well, this is my first WS case, and its been emotional on all levels.. and far from ending.

Is it normal for so many threads and categories in a case or is this one of the exceptionally big ones?

I've also noticed some large number counts of people following this case today and was surprised. I wouldn't doubt if some of the family or friends are here. If they are, I'd hope they would speak up and give us some inside scoop!

You are welcome, IW! By the way, nice Clockwork Orange avatar. LOL (Kinda creepy tho!)

lol SS, thanks! Yes, he sure does look creepy in that one! My son met Malcolm McDowell last March and got his autograph for my husband at a Horror Convention, of all places, LOL :)

~Jeanne~

These cases are so so upsetting to me. Maybe it is because I have lost a child (Not to crime btw) but it hurts so much to hear of another child dying. I hope it is over soon and there is justice all around but no matter what is eventually meted out it still will not be enough as far as I am concerned!

Brought over from closed thread....that I have finally finished!!
~~~~~~
From InsomniacWoman:
(((Hug))) You sure didn't offend me! Your post was brutally honest, and I too had been thinking the same thing. I think of my son (who is now 27), I think of my precious granddaughter, who will be a year old this coming Friday...I also cannot comprehend how a mother could take the life of her child. I think of all the horrendous murders committed by parents that we hear and read about on the News, and I simply cannot comprehend it myself.

~Jeanne~

My grandsons will be 3 Aug. 5th.
Looking at them asleep in their beds tonight just brought this home for me.

I would stand by my child if he does something so horrendous, but I would make certain he faced the consequences of what he had done.

I would hold him, love him and turn him in to the police.
Not stand in denial of his actions....even if I wanted to do so.
I would never understand how he could so such a thing....

Brought over from closed thread....that I have finally finished!!
~~~~~~
From InsomniacWoman:
(((Hug))) You sure didn't offend me! Your post was brutally honest, and I too had been thinking the same thing. I think of my son (who is now 27), I think of my precious granddaughter, who will be a year old this coming Friday...I also cannot comprehend how a mother could take the life of her child. I think of all the horrendous murders committed by parents that we hear and read about on the News, and I simply cannot comprehend it myself.

~Jeanne~

My grandsons will be 3 Aug. 5th.
Looking at them asleep in their beds tonight just brought this home for me.

I would stand by my child if he does something so horrendous, but I would make certain he faced the consequences of what he had done.

I would hold him, love him and turn him in to the police.
Not stand in denial of his actions....even if I wanted to do so.
I would never understand how he could so such a thing....

I dont think I could unless it was a tragic accident. I personally think that is too much to bear and would walk away and never look back. Then again I know personally what it feels like to lose a child so I think I have a better idea of how I would take it.

Post grabbed: LOL

Didn't he say today while on the stand that he was ex-LE? I might have that wrong.

I do recall hearing that Jesse's family was friends of theirs.

That brings up the question of .. how close are they?

I recall the myspace comment from Lee to Casey about the Father's Day Card, (Idiots Guide to getting a job-something like that)..

So Jesse is driving on his way to resign from the OPD... why?

Cops don't just quit! It's in their blood, it's every part of their being.

Something strange about that Grund family myspace. I keep wanting to play dot-to-dot there.

On the stand today, George Anthony said he was in security when asked what his occupation was. During the questioning he was asked about prior LE experience and that's when he said he was a police officer for Trumbull County, Ohio for 10 years.

It sounds like the new job George has taken is in the line of security for a company, and it's been a long time since he was actually a police officer. They've lived in Orlando for almost 20 years.

Of all the family members, I think George is the most likely to cooperate with LE. I was surprised to see George finally stand up and take a firm stand with Cindy, telling her to stop and ushering her out of the courthouse. He really does have a backbone after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?