Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole time Ive been lurking and posting occasionally I have felt like I am reading a really bad novel.....then tonight a sudden "picture" emerged, and I almost threw up...... Im freaking myself out now. Night all!

Hugs to you ((((((Dolphinmomcca))))). I am truly sorry that you are so involved with this tragedy that you are having trouble sleeping - like the rest of us. It sucks; but that is the reality of being involved with True Crime. Anyone and everyone who is reading this post has a disposition where they are not like the normal person who walks thru life in a blur everyday. There is something different about you, or you would not be reading this, right now. This website in particular is populated with people who CARE about the VICTIMS of crime. It is populated with people who NEED to understand the REASON for evil - even if that reason can never be found. I find the entire Caylee Anthony case to be like reading a REALLY bad version of the fairytale "The Emperor's New Clothing". Everyone with a functioning neuron knows what happened - maybe not HOW it happened, but come one - it is obvious!!!! Yet everyone who is CLOSE to the case is "pretending" that Zaenaida is baking cookies for Caylee somewhere in Georgia or north of Florida. Everyone that is, except for those jaded souls who haunt WebSleuths. :waitasec:

"If you lose a kid and that results in a child's death, that's one and the same case, because those are manslaughter charges," said board-certified trial attorney Richard Hornsby.

Since he specifically attached the term "manslaughter charges" in this statement do you think it was assuming a body be found but not enough evidence to charge her with murder then she could not be charged again. Maybe he was not paying attention to the exact question or speculating before hand.

My understanding why you can't bring murder charges later is that by convicting her of one crime, but not a greater crime, you are in effect saying the lesser crime is ALL shes responsible for.

Then again, when you are charged with assault and the person dies, you CAN be charged with murder - but the only cases I can think of to back it up are BEFORE sentencing. I can't think of ANY case where if someone was say, on life support, if years later they die the person is taken out of jail and re-tried.

I wish I could offer more support, but I am exhausted from lexisnexis by 11:30pm. If I get bored at work tomorrow (which I will), I'll try to look up the actual murder/manslaughter/additional charges laws in florida

"If you lose a kid and that results in a child's death, that's one and the same case, because those are manslaughter charges," said board-certified trial attorney Richard Hornsby.

Since he specifically attached the term "manslaughter charges" in this statement do you think it was assuming a body be found but not enough evidence to charge her with murder then she could not be charged again. Maybe he was not paying attention to the exact question or speculating before hand.

I'm afraid that after all this time that even if they do find a body it will be too hard to determine the cause of death. I also think Casey knows this and that's part of the reason she's not giving anything up. I don't think she EVER will, even if there IS irrefutable evidence!

OK, I know that this came from pretty far back, but I THINK it's still a post from today. It helps to frame a question that I've had about Cindy and Casey, so I hope no one minds that I'm bringing it over from an earlier thread.

If this timeline is correct, or even close, then I wonder just when Cindy and Casey had time to "sit down together and work on the MySpace page" and turn it into the Caylee page? The police came after the third call which was after 8pm, and Cindy said that they stayed the rest of the night and into the early morning hours. She also said that they separated Casey from the rest of them until they finally arrested her. Cindy didn't know (according to her statements) that Caylee was missing until the last 911 call, then sometime during all that time, she apparently did some laundry as well; so when did the computer work between the two of them take place? :waitasec:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyglass View Post
Doesn't this timeline of George, Cindy and Casey at home at 4 pm conflict with Cindy report that: she picked Casey up at Tony's; they drove around while she tried to get information from Casey (calmly, Cindy said); and, unsatisied, Cindy then drove to the police substation which had closed (closed at 5:30?). She then called 911.
Not if you figure -

mid-afternoon:
George and Cindy pick up the Sunfire from the impound lot, drive home

mid-afternoon:
Casey picks up Amy from the airport in Amy's car, Amy drops her off at Tony's and goes home to Ricardo's house.

late-afternoon:
Casey sends cheerful facebook msg to Amy, who is probably at that moment realizing that her checks are missing and bank account cleaned out. Thanks, Casey!

late-afternoon:
George and Cindy search the Sunfire looking for clues to Casey/Caylee whereabouts. Probably a frantic search since they both smelled decomp but didn't know whose. They find a copy of Amy's resume.

late-afternoon/early evening:
Cindy calls Amy. Amy tells Cindy she knows where Casey is. Cindy drives to Ricardo's to pick up Amy. She directs Cindy to Tony's. Cindy goes into apt and drags Casey out.

early evening:
Cindy drives Amy back to Ricardo's, drives around with Casey trying to get her to give up Caylee's whereabouts, finally drives to substation around 7pm.

Substation closed, first call to 911. Jurisdiction unknown, so she drives home with Casey and the family spend an hour grilling her before the second 911 call is made.

Casey had a blackjack and another phone with a $700+ bill, could she have been making these myspace and facebook posts from her phone?

If this timeline is correct, or even close, then I wonder just when Cindy and Casey had time to "sit down together and work on the MySpace page" and turn it into the Caylee page?

Casey already had a MySpace page, so sometime on July 15th maybe before the first 911 call or between the first and second 911 call, Casey went on her MySpace page and sent out a message, or comment, or a bulletin to all her friends, asking if they saw Caylee.

The "helpfindcaylee" website was probably created afterwards as they needed someone to host that page for them.

My understanding why you can't bring murder charges later is that by convicting her of one crime, but not a greater crime, you are in effect saying the lesser crime is ALL shes responsible for.

Then again, when you are charged with assault and the person dies, you CAN be charged with murder - but the only cases I can think of to back it up are BEFORE sentencing. I can't think of ANY case where if someone was say, on life support, if years later they die the person is taken out of jail and re-tried.

I wish I could offer more support, but I am exhausted from lexisnexis by 11:30pm. If I get bored at work tomorrow (which I will), I'll try to look up the actual murder/manslaughter/additional charges laws in florida

What if they are not convicted of the lesser crime after a trial? I saw a movie with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins where Hopkins was acquitted for the attempted murder of his wife. She was on life support after being shot.
When Hopkins ultimately took her off life support, he was recharged, tried and convicted for murder.
The twist was he was acquitted only for attempted murder, so he could be charged with murder

OK, I know that this came from pretty far back, but I THINK it's still a post from today. It helps to frame a question that I've had about Cindy and Casey, so I hope no one minds that I'm bringing it over from an earlier thread.

If this timeline is correct, or even close, then I wonder just when Cindy and Casey had time to "sit down together and work on the MySpace page" and turn it into the Caylee page? The police came after the third call which was after 8pm, and Cindy said that they stayed the rest of the night and into the early morning hours. She also said that they separated Casey from the rest of them until they finally arrested her. Cindy didn't know (according to her statements) that Caylee was missing until the last 911 call, then sometime during all that time, she apparently did some laundry as well; so when did the computer work between the two of them take place? :waitasec:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyglass View Post
Doesn't this timeline of George, Cindy and Casey at home at 4 pm conflict with Cindy report that: she picked Casey up at Tony's; they drove around while she tried to get information from Casey (calmly, Cindy said); and, unsatisied, Cindy then drove to the police substation which had closed (closed at 5:30?). She then called 911.
Not if you figure -

mid-afternoon:
George and Cindy pick up the Sunfire from the impound lot, drive home

mid-afternoon:
Casey picks up Amy from the airport in Amy's car, Amy drops her off at Tony's and goes home to Ricardo's house.

late-afternoon:
Casey sends cheerful facebook msg to Amy, who is probably at that moment realizing that her checks are missing and bank account cleaned out. Thanks, Casey!

late-afternoon:
George and Cindy search the Sunfire looking for clues to Casey/Caylee whereabouts. Probably a frantic search since they both smelled decomp but didn't know whose. They find a copy of Amy's resume.

late-afternoon/early evening:
Cindy calls Amy. Amy tells Cindy she knows where Casey is. Cindy drives to Ricardo's to pick up Amy. She directs Cindy to Tony's. Cindy goes into apt and drags Casey out.

early evening:
Cindy drives Amy back to Ricardo's, drives around with Casey trying to get her to give up Caylee's whereabouts, finally drives to substation around 7pm.

Substation closed, first call to 911. Jurisdiction unknown, so she drives home with Casey and the family spend an hour grilling her before the second 911 call is made.

I have wondered about this also Benji.. about the myspace time cindy and casey spent doing this.. even after le was there all night they took casey with them till 7am or so by cindy and george on otr show.. so did they do it that day?? when casey came back?? cindy said they sent messages to everyone on myspace etc. also... friends of casey's .. her and cindy worked on this.. :waitasec:

I thought that too, but then I am thinking the Anthony's have a dog. And that dog would head right over to that scent even though the dog is an average dog. June 17 to July 24th is a long time and if not deep enough, the smell would be overpowering.

Average dogs can bury a bone in the ground a foot down and eventually go back and dig it up.

By the looks of the Anthony back yard, it appears that the only place without grass is where the concrete pillars were placed by the shed. I could be wrong about the area of the pillars, but I thought it was by the shed.

A some point, Caylee was in the backyard and ... she might still be there! But leaning more towards she is not.

im not sure if this is any what related to what you said about the anthonys dog sniffing on the shovel or not, but my husband had hit a rabbit one day about a block from our house, and it got stuck up under his hood and was parked in the drive for a good half hour and our dog, who is far from being brilliant in anyway.. sat at the front of his car and stared until my husband went out and looked under the hood and found the rabbit. Could simply be that she jsut smelled the rabbit.. idk, but i agree with you 100% when you say that their dog would have been all over that shovel.

Watch the end of Cindy's bond hearing testimony - maybe an inch in from the end on the timeline.

She said on the stand that it was on the morning of July 16th - after Casey was returned home by LE after their unsuccessful apartment search, and after Casey took a shower and made some calls (I'll bet she did) - when Cindy walked into Casey's room and they started working on the myspace pages. It was around 10am on July 16th. A couple of hours later, LE was back to pick up Casey for the unsuccessful Universal job verification ride, shortly after which she was arrested.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7039126&version=1&locale=EN-US

im not sure if this is any what related to what you said about the anthonys dog sniffing on the shovel or not, but my husband had hit a rabbit one day about a block from our house, and it got stuck up under his hood and was parked in the drive for a good half hour and our dog, who is far from being brilliant in anyway.. sat at the front of his car and stared until my husband went out and looked under the hood and found the rabbit. Could simply be that she jsut smelled the rabbit.. idk, but i agree with you 100% when you say that their dog would have been all over that shovel.

My post was about the dogs sniffing on the sandbox if Caylee was in there, but I so agree with you, if the household shovel was used at anytime, the Anthony dogs would be checking out the shovel.

If I am ever in contact with any other animals besides my own dog, he is all over me checking to see where I have been! :)

Casey already had a MySpace page, so sometime on July 15th maybe before the first 911 call or between the first and second 911 call, Casey went on her MySpace page and sent out a message, or comment, or a bulletin to all her friends, asking if they saw Caylee.

The "helpfindcaylee" website was probably created afterwards as they needed someone to host that page for them.
I thought they did it sometime during the morning of the 16th...maybe after she got back from the first visit with the police. But, her mom said she went to take a shower...so don't really now. I'm starting to feel that all my first impressions were wrong impressions.

Watch the end of Cindy's bond hearing testimony - maybe an inch in from the end on the timeline.

She said on the stand that it was on the morning of July 16th - after Casey was returned home by LE after their unsuccessful apartment search, and after Casey took a shower and made some calls (I'll bet she did) - when Cindy walked into Casey's room and they started working on the myspace pages. It was around 10am on July 16th. A couple of hours later, LE was back to pick up Casey for the unsuccessful Universal job verification ride, shortly after which she was arrested.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7039126&version=1&locale=EN-US
Diane...you are so quick!!

Cindy has told numerous times that she and Casey worked on that page together. The thing is; Cindy supposedly didn't know that Caylee had been "abducted by the babysitter" until just before the last 911 call, and then the police came. She said that the police separated them, especially Casey, and they never let Casey around them after they got there. So that would mean that Cindy and Casey would have had to make all the changes to the MySpace page, and send out all of the messages etc. between the time of the last 911 call and when the police got there. Doesn't seem like there would have been time enough for them to do very much in that amount of time. Especially if Cindy was also washing a load of evidence...uh, I mean laundry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule