Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #164

Status
Not open for further replies.
I conquer!
I feel like if it was an accident she would be overwhelmed with guilt, grief, sadness. The lack there of shows a callus, cold blooded baby killer.
I will actually be surprised if it turns out to be an accident.
And if it wasn't an accident and Casey knows that LE will be able to confirm this (i.e. they were to find drugs in Caylee's tissues, blunt force trauma, or what-have-you) it would certainly explain why she is keeping silent. She would know time is on her side. If she medicated Caylee and eventually there is nothing left of the body but bones it will be harder to prove. If she did something to hurt her physically the bones may demonstrate that and so Casey would know she can't lead the police to the body.

I noticed that during CA's vacation from prison that she was meeting with JB for 6 hours each day (or just about each day), but her meeting with JB last night was just for one hour. Interesting.

Probably less comfortable meeting at the Jail as opposed to his office. If he is her court appointed attorney, the state of Florida is going to pay one hefty bill if this is a death penalty case. Here in Georgia they are working on the Brian Nichols case (he is the one that went on a courtroom rampage, shot a judge and killed several people escaping) anyway his defense is up to a million dollars from his court appointed attorneys and he is obviously guilty as he was in the courtroom when he shot the judge, baliff, etc.

QUESTION: At one point does a dead/decomposing body STOP smelling??? I mean with the searchers out there, would the body still be in such a state that it would give off a foul order or not?

That's exactly what I was wondering too. Being in the woods where it's usually cooler and a bit more damp, I wonder if they would still be able to smell the decomp after this much time has passed. If she's buried too, would they still be able to smell it?

Wonder how many have signed up with TES, I did see a picture of horse & rider involved in the search. Just thought this was interesting about OCSO Mounted Posse.

OCSO Mounted Posse
smexlj.jpg

QUESTION: At one point does a dead/decomposing body STOP smelling??? I mean with the searchers out there, would the body still be in such a state that it would give off a foul order or not?

I was watching North Mission Road on ID and this lady used a "technique" that she made up where she sniffs the bones and if she gets any odor of decomp then the person likely died in the last 2 years. If no odor, then they passed greater than 2 years ago. Obviously not super scientific, but it gives her some idea and I guess with all her experience this is how she came up with it. This was just a snippet during the show so I may not have all the details, but it kind of gives you some frame of reference. I would think the body will still smell, however it does dissipate. I think it smells the most in the weeks following death, as the flesh is actively decomposing. The third or 4th day is when the body usually bloats and the gases that build up cause it to explode, which is something I wouldn't want to be around for and what I would imagine occurs during the worst of the smell. So the lady that works at NMR's technique indicates the bones would probably hold some odor for a year or 2, however light of an odor.

i dont mean to sound cold or anything, but isnt the justice served usually for the benifit of the survivor?...to bring some sense of closier or well being to the family? who will stand with caylee?

LE, WS, & the Community. When and if it gets to that point, arrangements can be made I would think for someone to speak on her behalf.

If Casey knowingly left Caylee in the carseat or in the trunk of her car, then that is premeditated murder (middle of June in the state of Florida). Everyone down here knows you don't leave a dog in the car for 15 minutes.
And what about the car seat?
Was that thoroughly examined for evidence such as decomposition and what-not? I cannot find confirmation that it was.

Right! Because if the grandparents turn Casey in they lose both their granddaughter and their daughter.

No, they don't lose a daughter. They can go and visit her, in time they will get visits where they can hug her but they will never, never, ever get Caylee back, they will never get a visit, they will never het a hug. So, no I don;t think The A's are between a rock and a hard place.

They must definitively place Casey in the act, which I think is why they have yet to file murder charges and that is also why the new charges are not about Caylee but rather the money transactions.

SO was a DA for 12 years, he is just a ball of information and I am sure wants to strangle me when I bring up the name Casey. :)

Think abou this- how many people on this board were gung ho Caylee is alive, until they read the docs. Then that number dwindled to about half that had believed before. Then the release of the gases, and the DNA and pretty soon nearly everyone on the board believed that Caylee was dead. And I don't know, but not very many believe that it wasn't at the hands of Casey in one way or another.
I think that LE has a tough case ahead of them, but i think that we haven't seen a third of what they DO have.
Besides, if I was on that jury there wouldn't have been a doubt in my mind what happened to that baby just based on the discovery docs alone. Then to listen to what else they have that they haven't leaked.....No jury in their right mind would not be able to see that.
JB will try and spin reasonable doubt, but the only place that reasonable doubt comes from is his client. That doesn't say very much.

I was watching North Mission Road on ID and this lady used a "technique" that she made up where she sniffs the bones and if she gets any odor of decomp then the person likely died in the last 2 years. If no odor, then they passed greater than 2 years ago. Obviously not super scientific, but it gives her some idea and I guess with all her experience this is how she came up with it. This was just a snippet during the show so I may not have all the details, but it kind of gives you some frame of reference. I would think the body will still smell, however it does dissipate. I think it smells the most in the weeks following death, as the flesh is actively decomposing. The third or 4th day is when the body usually bloats and the gases that build up cause it to explode, which is something I wouldn't want to be around for and what I would imagine occurs during the worst of the smell. So the lady that works at NMR's technique indicates the bones would probably hold some odor for a year or 2, however light of an odor.
So dogs would likely pick it up then. Interesting.

I have wondered if Caylee was actually in the trunk when Casey was sleeping over at Tony's and telling him Caylee was at the nanny's.

Agree, split back seat down; she crawls into trunk from back seat so no one can see her from outside.

No, they don't lose a daughter. They can go and visit her, in time they will get visits where they can hug her but they will never, never, ever get Caylee back, they will never get a visit, they will never het a hug. So, no I don;t think The A's are between a rock and a hard place.
You honestly think if they turn Casey in that she'll have anything to do with them? I don't.

Unless....
Caylee was medicated by Casey and placed either in the car or in the trunk. I have such a hard time imagining she was in the trunk alive, but that is probably mostly because I simply do not WANT to imagine that child suffering in the trunk of the car. So I don't know.

I agree that Caylee was medicated - nyquil, xanax, whatever. Because otherwise wouldn't Caylee wake up crying and then possibly someone could hear her? Even a shot of whiskey would make her sleepy.

Her is a link to the stages of decomposition and when flies come into play:

http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/index.htm

they will never turn her in now...its personal between the anthonys and the police now...its all a big game now...

what i find most heartbreaking is this: usually during the penalty phase of any trial, the family of the victim have a profound impact on the judges decision...the mother is always the most outspoken about demanding justice, then siblings, then friends and grandparents...in little caylees case, there is noone to stand for her...not one single family member is wiling to demand justice....in other words, no harm no foul...

It is pitiful isn't it?

Wht would a 3 year old crawl to the trunk so not to be seen I would think she would be terified to be left outside in the car with no adult.. at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA