Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, sorry, I didn't know you were talking about a new bond hearing. Didn't even know this is the same place that lawyer was trying to get a new hearing. Seems odd he would appeal to the same place. He should have appealed it up the ladder instead. She will never get bail tho. He is wasting his time.

aaahhh, that link is to an article dated today, about the motion to lower bond being denied, for a 2nd time.......i don't think this is old news:confused:

Thanks! I missed that there were multiple days with "flurries of calls"

Something tells met that Casey the drama queen made "flurries" of calls quite often. Without a history of her phone activity, we really don't know if the calls on the 16th are out of the norm.

Yes, you are right. He wanted the reasoning to come down from the court of appeals so he could appeal it up to a higher court. Now I remember. So I guess he will be appealing again.

aaahhh, that link is to an article dated today, about the motion to lower bond being denied, for a 2nd time.......i don't think this is old news:confused:

I thought that the first appeal to district court was denied without explanation or reasoning. Walsh sp? (the one Baez brought in that works in appeals) tried to get reasons for ruling. Then he asked for reconsideration of the appeal to get more information for denial of the ruling. IIRC Walsh said that he could not appeal to Supreme Court without additonal information for the district court. Sorry, I don't a written reference for this.

I wish I had the link for this but I know I copied it as is dated July 30, 2008

The petition to have the bond lowered for the mother of two year old Caylee Anthony has been denied by the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Florida

The attorney representing Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, filed the appeal for a lower bond in the Florida Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach last week arguing that the $500,000 bail set by Ninth Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland for his client was too high.

The court-ordered psychologist report was entered into evidence by the state along with a written argument for the denial of the lower bond.

The Baez law firm said that they would be filing another appeal to the state supreme court.

Something tells met that Casey the drama queen made "flurries" of calls quite often. Without a history of her phone activity, we really don't know if the calls on the 16th are out of the norm.

Good point.

And the Kyle and Tony calls of 7/15 were incoming calls to Casey, IIRC, while the flurry of calls on 6/16 were outgoing. Is that right, SuziQ?

Yes, that's correct.

Can someone post a website (myspace/facebook) link for Kyle? Who is he?

I did post a link to his myspace page a few days ago. There were three Kyle's we were discussing at the time as possibles. I suggested that it was probably Kyle G. because he had pictures that showed, Casey, Amy, and a few other people who have been mentioned as being in their group of friends together at a birthday party they had for one of them. It may have been deleted by the moderators because shortly after that one of the mods posting a warning about not mentioning innocent people's names or posting any information about them unless they were known to have a direct link to the case.

:clap:
I thought that the first appeal to district court was denied without explanation or reasoning. Walsh sp? (the one Baez brought in that works in appeals) tried to get reasons for ruling. Then he asked for reconsideration of the appeal to get more information for denial of the ruling. IIRC Walsh said that he could not appeal to Supreme Court without additonal information for the district court. Sorry, I don't a written reference for this.

:clap:
many states' appellate courts allow for requesting a rehearing... :)

All we know is that the call was from "someone named kyle" ... no other info as best I can tell.

I actually thought we had figured out (or at least strongly speculated) who the Kyle was. We even had a last name and his myspace, but I can't find it now. I know he was friends with Casey on her myspace because she left him comments. I went to her myspace to try to find him, only to find out that all of the Anthony family myspaces are now private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther