Caylee-Search Diver Resigned As Deputy After Lying To Captain

Let me preface this post by saying I have NO judgements about either LP or the Blackwater diver. Searching for Caylee is a wonderful thing...and I wish I lived closer so that I could have participated in the searches. But the long and short of it is that LE and the FBI are worried that somebody is planting evidence. Worried enough that LP is slated for a polygraph. There has to be a reason they are concerned. If there was planted evidence it doesn't necessarily mean that LP or the diver have anything to do with. Obviously they would come into question since they're heading up the search.

But if there is false evidence being planted ,LE has to cross their Ts and dot their Is. Otherwise Casey Anthony could end up walking away free as a bird. And nobody wants that.

A volunteer searcher in the water is no different than a volunteer searcher on foot.

The same criteria should apply to both.

Maybe EVERYONE searching SHOULD pass a background check. Maybe a credit check, too.

If there is going to be a background check though, this should be told in advance. And maybe a consent do a background search form signed???? Especially if the results are going to be announced in the newspaper and radio and television.
IMO

ARGHHH so many LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this one is the one who found the bag, the concrete, the "shamrock" gumby.........in fact, he's the one who found ALL of the "evidence" found by LP's search team. And he says he found it under 4 feet of silt, which nobody's arms could reach down to.

And he is the self-righteous bozo who asked about Tim Miller's qualifications with sonar on Nancy Grace.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Me thinketh someone else needs to be polyed.

Driving LP out of Florida.

I'm sure a 'little Team Casey Birdy' whispered this scandal into the reporter's ear.

I really don't think that's the issue.

I believe it's going to go more to whether or not the fact that he has lied in the past for personal gain would allow him to lie now about the objects he found in the water.....LE seems to be concerned about the planting of evidence. I think LE SHOULD question Todd about whether or not he knows anything about how that bag got in the river. Because planting false evidence IS illegal.

It's not the fact that he lied. It's the fact that they go out of their way to disgrace people that try and do the right thing regarding Caylee.
If he lied about that I agree firing would be in order.

I know right ..............And this is relevant why ??????
Who cares?? As long as he was helping find Caylee I could care less if the man was pinocchio.

My son IS serving.

So did his dad, my ex.

My father-in-law is a World War II vet who was the sole survivor of his squadron's landing on Omaha Beach. He is the founder of our area's Celebrate America on July 4 (a dedication to veterans). He also was the main fundraiser for a veteran's memorial at Black Squirrel Park. My husband and I also contributed to the memorial. We are annual Celebrate America sponsors.

I fully support veterans.

BUT... I still say, the blackwater diver did NOT represent himself in an official capacity. He was a volunteer searcher just like the people on foot. The criteria for being a volunteer searcher is no felony convictions...it should be the same for EVERY volunteer.

I stand by my point that it was wrong to make this private citizen's dirty laundry public. It would be wrong to do it to any volunteer.

IMO

I agree :clap:

My sentiments exactly if it is even true. Something smells here and is is not fish from that river.

I agree. I got to thinking about how media could have found out about this.

His previous employer is a sheriff and they usually are real careful about what they release to media. And wouldn't it be more likely that if he felt the info about the firing was pertinent, he would have called LE about it instead of the media??? And aren't personnel actions held pretty confidential? He might have confirmed it if he got a call from media, but somehow I don't see him initiating a call to media.

This could be something that LE might have questioned about who this guy was, esp. with the questions that have come up about possible planted evidence. But somehow I don't see LE going to the media with this one, esp. as if they find any evidence of planted evidence they would most likely be filing charges. So I think we can rule this guy out.

The only people I can see left to advise media are previous coworkers. And this guy was new to the department. So he probably didn't have any enemies yet, but no loyalties either. So while they might have gone to media with the info, I don't think it is a strong possibility. I think they would also have been more likely to go to LE with the info. That is who they are more comfortable talking to.

Now the A camp, they have motive for releasing this info to the media. Remember, this is the only search scene that the A's have showed up on. And they definately made their own scene. They allegedly tried to stop this search through the court. None of that stopped the search, so they set out to discredit the searchers. It was after this that the first accusation was made that LP had taken things from the home. Never was mentioned before. Then the divers name gets known, and something had to be found to discredit him. But it does tell me something. Anyone who claims to have found anything during a search will have their backgrounds searched by someone. And on all of us, even the best of us if you dig around deep enough you will find something. Whether it is unpaid parking tickets or the complaints of an ex you will find someone with something bad to say.

I believe that this guy was volunteering his time to search for a little child. And that yes, he may have done some false bragging to the wrong person on his previous job. But he wasn't the first and likely won't be the last to do so. Many people inflate their importance- even police officers. If he hadn't been on probation this wouldn't have even been a firing offense as long as it wasn't on his employment application.

But in this position, his job was simple. Go in the water and see if there was anything in it. Bring it up. And do it all in front of many witnesses. And submit it for testing. If they found something that they could prove was connected to Caylee would I have believed him? You betcha! Does this info discredit his efforts? I wouldn't think so. Even if he had found something and had to testify in court, it could have been handled. If he had found remains, who is going to believe that his lying on his previous job meant that he somehow "found" Caylee's remains and "planted" them so that he could find them later?

But if I was him, I think I would be trying to trace down where this info came from. And if there was even a minute fact wrong in the info, I think I would be talking to an attorney. Because this was a blantant attempt to ruin his reputation.

I know right ..............And this is relevant why ??????
Who cares?? As long as he was helping find Caylee I could care less if the man was pinocchio.

It is relative and perhaps even important because this is the diver who found the bag of "evidence."

People who lie to gain something for themselves often will lie about OTHER things, too.

It is relative and perhaps even important because this is the diver who found the bag of "evidence."

People who lie to gain something for themselves often will lie about OTHER things, too.

The criteria to be a searcher on foot or in the water was to have had no prior felonies.

If background checks were being done a consent form should have been required before the searches.

Even so, employers usually confine comments about past employees to whether or not they would "hire again" and the "dates of employment".

Why put something so sensitive out about someone who isn't even going to be called to testify? From what I read, the diver didn't find anything related to Caylee.

MOO

So based on that, any searcher who finds Caylee should expect to have their complete background aired on TV? I doubt they will get many in the future if that is going to be the standard.

So based on that, any searcher who finds Caylee should expect to have their complete background aired on TV? I doubt they will get many in the future if that is going to be the standard.

I don't think anything about this case needs to be aired on TV. But I DO think that any major players in any "evidence" finds SHOULD be investigated. Just because of stuff like this.....when you have a known liar reaching his arms four feet into loose mud to pull up a torn bag with a cement block on top of it and identifying the rocks in the bag as bones, then yeah, somebody ought to check him out. The results should be pertinent to the weight given any evidence and its reliability.....but it should never become public fodder.

Exactly!

That's why I believe that if they trace this disgusting leak back, we'd probably find a very direct connection to the defense of Casey.

What better way to scare people away from searching for Caylee than to make it clear that anyone might become a target & subject to public ridicule or even the lose of your job?

IMO, it would be different if he were the only person diving.
I see everyone's concern about this, though.
So discouraging that people of integrity are so few and far between in this case...

So true. This new little nugget of info. certainly doesn't help Padilla's credibility either.

So true. This new little nugget of info. certainly doesn't help Padilla's credibility either.

Nope.

This says NOTHING about Padilla unless it is proven that he did extensive background checks on every volunteer and specifically knew this man told a lie after he was already hired.

Not even Tim of TES does extensive background checks on EVERY VOLUNTEER he uses.

When you're looking for experienced people to help you do a search, you don't want to waste time doing extensive background checks on every aspect of their private lives.... you want to get the search started.

Nope.

This says NOTHING about Padilla unless it is proven that he did extensive background checks on every volunteer and specifically knew this man told a lie after he was already hired.

Not even Tim of TES does extensive background checks on EVERY VOLUNTEER he uses.

When you're looking for experienced people to help you do a search, you don't want to waste time doing extensive background checks on every aspect of their private lives.... you want to get the search started.

But... it still doesn't help Padilla's credibility.

But... it still doesn't help Padilla's credibility.

Maybe with the public who already didn't like Padilla being involved.

The only thing that is accomplished here is LE is forced to waste MORE time investigating things that have NO relation to Caylee's disappearance.

Mission accomplished for Team Anthony every time they can get LE's focus OFF Casey or locating Caylee's remains.

That's why I just wish EVERYONE would stop looking for Caylee & wait for the trial to be over.

Exactly!

That's why I believe that if they trace this disgusting leak back, we'd probably find a very direct connection to the defense of Casey.

What better way to scare people away from searching for Caylee than to make it clear that anyone might become a target & subject to public ridicule or even the lose of your job?

I am wondering how you think the Anthony's got the previous boss to release the info? Because isn't that where the information came from?

I don't think Leonard Padilla is the brightest star in the sky, I think he has damaged the prosecution more than he has helped. BUT I don't think this diver's past history can reflect on Leonard at all. The information about the diver wasn't readily available at the time LP got the volunteers together, so it's not something he should have known.

Let me preface this post by saying I have NO judgements about either LP or the Blackwater diver. Searching for Caylee is a wonderful thing...and I wish I lived closer so that I could have participated in the searches. But the long and short of it is that LE and the FBI are worried that somebody is planting evidence. Worried enough that LP is slated for a polygraph. There has to be a reason they are concerned. If there was planted evidence it doesn't necessarily mean that LP or the diver have anything to do with. Obviously they would come into question since they're heading up the search.

But if there is false evidence being planted ,LE has to cross their Ts and dot their Is. Otherwise Casey Anthony could end up walking away free as a bird. And nobody wants that.

Excellent Point! Thank you for posting this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back