Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jane Velez-Mitchell, in tonight for Nancy Grace. Extraordinary developments in the baby Lisa case. You have a mystery man seen the night the child vanishes holding a baby, who is almost naked, walking around the neighborhood. You have a homeless man/yardman who goes by the name Jersey, who is now connected to the lady with the pink hair who got a call from a phone that was purportedly, allegedly stolen from the home at the same time as the baby was taken. And it`s all very confusing.

But I`ll say this, John Manuelian, defense attorney. The FBI used Craigslist to track down the woman with the pink hair four days after the child vanished, this Megan. The woman with the pink hair says she placed an ad on Craigslist to sell a GPS unit. And she used as a contact the phone from which she got that call, from the phone connected to the family of the missing baby. And when she went to answer some person who was inquiring about buying this GPS unit, a whole bunch of FBI jumped out of cars with guns drawn and grilled her for six hours. What do you make of it?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/31/ng.01.html

Which phone was it that was allegedly used to call MW? How many phones do they have? JI had a working phone with him. That makes four, at least. I can't imagine DB EVER being w/o a working phone. That is why she borrowed her grandpa's (just in case).

Exactly what was MW selling on Craigslist? Did we ever find out? I bet we have not been told the whole/real story about what was going on with that phone line. She started out claiming six or seven different people use that phone. Do we know who they are? Of course, if any of them knew anything, they would claim they have no idea, particularly if drugs are involved.

...but most of all, why hadn't DB kept a phone with her in the bdrm. That makes no sense. Of course, none of her story does.

If DB did try to call MW because of something listed on Craig's List, where was DB getting the money from? She couldn't even afford to pay her cell phone bill!

BBM

Exactly! They slept with two baseball bats and two rifles in their bedroon, but no phone? Right! Who could believe this? She left the phones on the kitchen counter? Oh p l e a s e!

Personally, IMO, i can see maybe one of the phones being snatched,but all three make absolutely no sense to me. although the whole story just doesn't sit right with me at all. none of it. JMO

[/B]

If DB did try to call MW because of something listed on Craig's List, where was DB getting the money from? She couldn't even afford to pay her cell phone bill!

BBM

Exactly! They slept with two baseball bats and two rifles in their bedroon, but no phone? Right! Who could believe this? She left the phones on the kitchen counter? Oh p l e a s e!

While I do not think an intruder stole the phones. I do not keep a phone within reach at night. We do have a handheld in our room but it is not my first stop if there is an intruder. For one, if they intend to cause my family harm I'll assume the unplugged the base phone downstairs. For two, by the time I called 911 the intruder would probably be shooting, I'd rather be shooting back than be chatting on the phone. Assuming I did call 911 and hope for the best then when police show up an hour later I doubt anyone in our family would be alive.

I've often wondered about those phones being restricted for non payment. That's a rather essential piece of life when you have 3 young kids. Even if you can run to the neighbors in an emergency. What about flat tires, or the school needs to call. KWIM.

Was it ever reported that JI hadn't worked in the months previous and that's why money was so tight? I don't remember that.

OR... speculation - did JI not like who DB was talking to?

Or (as my BIL did to my sister once) just didn't like her talking so much even if it was to family, friends. He think she "shouldbe" doing something worthwhile instead of chatting so much. blah.

Anyway...maybe JI didn't pay the bill on purpose?

Just a thought while re-reading these.
Purely MOO and Speculation.

It has always bugged me that assuming JI really did "try to call" to tell DB he would be late, that he didn't call the neighbor and ask her to relay the message. Is it possible he didn't know they were going to be together that evening? Or they didn't have a good enough relationship that he felt comfortable doing that?

The 11:57 call was not one in contact list in the phone, was not one ever dialed before. So assuming JI/DB had a decent relationship, at least I'd hope that JI gave her his "new" work cell number - apparently it wasn't something he always had since he "forgot" he had it. And/or the Starbucks number. And/or the guy he was working with number. JIC.

BUT...have to also assume that LE checked/compared MW's number to those numbers to each other to see if it was a one-number misdial or not.

I think the call was either for drugs, or an attempt to set someone up. DB had kept cigarette butts from ( supposedly) when one of their cars was broken into some months before to give to LE, but what criminal stands around smoking multiple cigs while breaking into a car,& drops the butts around it? Ridiculous. :floorlaugh:
And remember, in the first (I think) interview they gave the media, she said "...and one of the phones wasn't even working..." if they were all out of commission, why did she specify that only one was?

It has always bugged me that assuming JI really did "try to call" to tell DB he would be late, that he didn't call the neighbor and ask her to relay the message. Is it possible he didn't know they were going to be together that evening? Or they didn't have a good enough relationship that he felt comfortable doing that?

The 11:57 call was not one in contact list in the phone, was not one ever dialed before. So assuming JI/DB had a decent relationship, at least I'd hope that JI gave her his "new" work cell number - apparently it wasn't something he always had since he "forgot" he had it. And/or the Starbucks number. And/or the guy he was working with number. JIC.

BUT...have to also assume that LE checked/compared MW's number to those numbers to each other to see if it was a one-number misdial or not.

BBM They had a close enough relationship that he felt comfortable going over to SB's house at 3am looking for Lisa.

You'd think he would have given DB some number to reach him in an emergency, or that she would have asked for one. At least that's what a responsible parent would do.

I've always wondered why he "tried to call" phones that weren't working. Oh wait! They could receive incoming calls but not make outgoing calls....or what ever their story was. :waitasec:

Yes he did, at DB's direction - she sent him there, and to look out back.

But if they had a good relationship, why didn't he call the neighbor to relay a message to DB about his being late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven