Cesar Laurean's Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust the DA, Sheriff, Detective Rick Sutherland, etc. to know the most about this crime. We only know what we read in the papers and heard in court. They dont tell some things to public. THEY say she was victim. I trust them. . . When Cesar writes his book, I wanna know what he meant when he was captured, and said "Proof" and "I Loved Maria". ????? Like O.J. loved Nichole?

The Lauterbach case: A retrospect

9/9/2010

The episodic narrative of a tragedy reached its zenith when, on Aug. 24, a North Carolina jury found former Marine Cesar Laurean guilty of the murder of Vandalia native Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. Ostensibly, the scope of the crime appeared to encompass only the lives of the Laurean and Lauterbach families. However, as the details surrounding Maria's case and the way the military handled it began to emerge, the murder became the catalyst for a crusade to enact reforms within the Department of Defense (DOD). Surrounded by the political drama of the DOD reforms and the legal drama of the Laurean trial, the Lauterbach tragedy swiftly took on dimensions that dwarfed its initial personal purview.

Now, Laurean's consignment to a life behind bars prompts a haunting question: Was justice served? For Mary Lauterbach, Maria's mother, the answer is a confident "Yes."

"I think justice has been properly carried out, particularly with the prosecuting attorneys," Mary Lauterbach told the Drummer. "They were very careful. The judge was also wonderful through this process. He was careful to be fair and to use evidence appropriately."

And, Mary Lauterbach even had a role in the expediting of justice. With the pain of her loss still lingering on the surface of her conscious, the bereaved mother mustered up the courage to testify in the Laurean trial.

"I had to give the jury a sense of who Maria was and what had happened those days leading up to her disappearance," Mary Lauterbach told the Drummer. "They asked me quite a bit about our last conversation because I was the last person who spoke with Maria. Through that, she gave no indication that she was going anywhere and she absolutely was expecting me to come a week later to visit her."

Maria was murdered at some indeterminate point on Dec. 14, 2007. The crime was preceded by Maria's inexplicable disappearance.

"My daughter called me several times a day on a normal basis and, all of a sudden, that Friday, Dec. 14, her house mate said that she found this note," Mary Lauterbach said. "The note said that she (Maria) was leaving although, a couple of hours before, we were talking about my visit. I said to myself, 'This is weird.'"

much more at http://www.tcnewsnet.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=6&ArticleID=154353

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500