Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't twitter, don't even know how, so I can't help find it. It's no big deal, don't spend your time searching on my account. :tyou:

If you a interested in the pro Angel story. Google twitter SrCal aurora Marti. Seems a few interviews all listed there. And some more added since I last looked. I gotta go, stuff to do :)

Here's what I think might have happened (it doesn't match either story.) it's just how I imagine it may have gone down.

Marti and Ana spotted Amanda waving and screaming and went across the road.
Amanda tells then she is Amanda Berry and has been kidnapped and needs to get out.
They can't open the door so Marti called Ramsey and Cordero.
Cordero arrived first and was trying to pull the door open.
Ramsey arrives and they can't get the door open
Someone decides to kick the door. Who ??.
Amanda come out.
They need to ring the police.
Noone has a phone.
Ramsey goes to his house to get his, and Amanda goes with Marti to get hers.
Ana's phone was on the balcony so fast to get to.
Ramsey's was inside somewhere and he had to find it.
Ramsey then joined the other across the street to wait for the police.
Amanda spoke to Ramsey and stuck with him as he could understand English.

Ramsey's interview was elaborate and entertaining.
Cordero and Marti are feeling put out.
They make up a story that belittles Ramsey's.
Ramsey is annoyed so try's to make them look like they did less..
They then claim he didn't even eat McDonalds that day.
Reporters keep asking them all questions and their accounts are polluted by after the fact information. And they may have felt pushed to say a certain thing
It descends into a cat fight.

Is the reward money on their minds? They could all obviously do with it.

Ramsey said that Amanda went with him to use his cell phone but she didn't know how to use it, and he was nervously fidgeting with it, that he told her to go across the street. This comes not from Angel but from Ramsey. And Amanda went to one house first but I think the phone was either inside or needed recharging so she went to the next house and they had it outside.

Yes, thank you. Marti's daughter does not say that Marti was on the porch talking to Amanda, she says she was in the street, Amanda yelled for help and explained who she was so Marti yelled to Angel to help. That sounds entirely plausable to me and doesn't in any way contradict anything Angel has said.

Interesting that Marti's daughter says Amanda did NOT run into Ramsey's arms as he claims. When you think about it, that makes sense. Amanda was carrying her daughter, Ramsey never mentions the girl being part of the embrace. Oops.

The interview where Marti says she was relaxing in her chair and Amanda ran across the road yelling was a written one. One day I googled a ton of interviews and translated the Spanish ones. I will try find it later, don't have time now.

It could also just be bad reporting, we saw that with some other facts.

On Piers show he says that she told him that she had been kidnapped for 10 years and trapped in the house, and that there were other girls there. He says he told her to run with him across the street incase Ariel came back as he would kill them both. Lots of communication in English.

Bing translation from Spanish newspaper El Pais:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/.../2013/05/09/actualidad/1368115215_126024.html
At what point is Ramsey in this story? Angel Cordero says that when Berry explained that there were two other girls locked in the house, Mrs. Marti called Ramsey to ask for help. "He considered going in, but then he repented," indicates Cordero. "And Yes, Ramsey called 911, but much after Berry did." Another neighbor, Altagracia Martí, provided the phone to Amanda

Thanks SophieRose. To me this is the Angel camp playing tit for tat. Ramsey said he ran away like a sissy and now they are suggesting Ramsey wouldn't go in to get the other girls.

This information makes me wonder why Ramsey didn't mention the other girls on 911, Amanda didn't either. The police rang to check it wasnt a prank call and still no-one mentioned the other girls.

Given the girls weren't locked up, (the police said they came out of their rooms.) a 1400 sft is a small house and they could have called out to the other girls. Did the other girls not trust Amanda? why didn't they all call out to them?

To me Angel is lying here.

So perhaps she called Angel over and then went home? That's pretty casual considering she realized this was a girl who had been missing for 10 years, you'd think if she did go home she would have at least called the police.

Thats pretty much my impression of how it went down. The two women across the street heard Amanda Berry screaming for help and waving her hand out of the door. They started across the street, but they are old ladies and neither of them was in any physical condition to help. So they called Angel Cordero to come and help her. Then the women retreated back across the street. None of them speak English, so they would have had no idea who she was. All any of them knew was, that there was a woman trapped inside the house screaming for help.

At that point Charles Ramsey heard the commotion and came running out of his house, to see what was going on. He joined Cordero at the house's front door at some point during the rescue. A hole was kicked through the bottom of the storm door, and Amanda Berry crawled through, carrying her daughter. Cordero claimed to have kicked in the door alone, while Ramsey claimed it was a joint effort. Amanda Berry and her child climbed out.

Amanda then asked Ramsey to call 911. He gave her his phone. She didn't know how to uses his smart phone. So he took the phone back, and told her to go across the street and use the woman's phone to call, and he would call on his at the same time. After the calls were finished Amanda Berry and Charles Ramsey waited on the street for the police to arrive. The others went back to their houses.

It's not surprising that there are conflicts in the different stories. Witnesses always tell different versions of the same event. Lots of things happen in a few seconds, and each witness describes the event as they perceived it to have happened. Thats a fact, and the way it always is.

Thanks SophieRose. To me this is the Angel camp playing tit for tat. Ramsey said he ran away like a sissy and now they are suggesting Ramsey wouldn't go in to get the other girls.

This information makes me wonder why Ramsey didn't mention the other girls on 911, Amanda didn't either. The police rang to check it wasnt a prank call and still no-one mentioned the other girls.

I agree. No one talked about the other girls, until after the police arrived. When the police arrived, they asked Amanda Berry, if anyone else was still in the house. The officer wanted to know if Castro was in the house. Then she tells them (the "bombshell" as the cop described it) that two other girls were in the house.

Given the girls weren't locked up, (the police said they came out of their rooms.) a 1400 sft is a small house and they could have called out to the other girls. Did the other girls not trust Amanda? why didn't they all call out to them?

One of the reports I saw, said that they could have come out on their own, but they were too afraid.

The other two girls were too scared to come out, and they were being really quiet. When police showed up, they described it being quiet, and then Michelle run out and jumped into police officer's arms. Then Gina came out.

Thats pretty much my impression of how it went down. The two women across the street heard Amanda Berry screaming for help and waving her hand out of the door. They started across the street, but they are old ladies and neither of them was in any physical condition to help. So they called Angel Cordero to come and help her. Then the women retreated back across the street. None of them speak English, so they would have had no idea who she was. All any of them knew was, that there was a woman trapped inside the house screaming for help.

At that point Charles Ramsey heard the commotion and came running out of his house, to see what was going on. He joined Cordero at the house's front door at some point during the rescue. A hole was kicked through the bottom of the storm door, and Amanda Berry crawled through, carrying her daughter. Cordero claimed to have kicked in the door alone, while Ramsey claimed it was a joint effort. Amanda Berry and her child climbed out.

Amanda then asked Ramsey to call 911. He gave her his phone. She didn't know how to uses his smart phone. So he took the phone back, and told her to go across the street and use the woman's phone to call, and he would call on his at the same time. After the calls were finished Amanda Berry and Charles Ramsey waited on the street for the police to arrive. The others went back to their houses.

It's not surprising that there are conflicts in the different stories. Witnesses always tell different versions of the same event. Lots of things happen in a few seconds, and each witness describes the event as they perceived it to have happened. Thats a fact, and the way it always is.

Trying to understand, are you saying you believe that Charles misled the public when he made himself out to be the sole rescuer right from the start? I was totally behind Charles at first, now I cringe everytime I hear his voice because his stories and demeaner sound so false and self-serving to me.

and here's Marti's story, with a sprinkle of Cordero and Ramsey:

Aurora Marti drags her green plastic chair -- the one with the Cleveland Indians cushion -- across the narrow driveway to Altagracia Tejeda's small, stone patio next door. Angel Cordero, a friend from nearby, is on the porch.

As Marti nags Tejeda to take her allergy medicine, they hear the first call for help. The loud cries are coming from the white, run-down house across the street. As she dashes over, Marti sees an arm reaching out from behind the front door. The young woman trapped inside introduces herself: "I'm Amanda Berry." Marti, 75, does not speak English. But she knows enough to recognize the name and respond in disbelief. "You can't be Amanda. Amanda is dead."
Berry pleads for help with the storm door. It opens only a crack before catching on a chain or bolt. Marti can't pull. Arthritis. She calls for Cordero.

(bbm edit to add: this is when Ramsey said he saw "the Dominican" run across the street towards Castro's house so he went outside to investigate.)

At some point Charles Ramsey comes outside. Ramsey will say he's the one who kicked out a lower panel in the door and rescued Berry. Cordero, 32, will say he and Berry worked on both sides of the door to remove the panel. He, Marti and another witness will tell reporters Ramsey did not show up until after Berry was free.

Across the street, Tejeda offers a cordless phone to call 9-1-1. While Berry speaks with a dispatcher, the 6-year-old cries for her Daddy and runs back toward Castro's house. Cordero stops her. In the commotion, her wig begins falling off. Berry removes it and leaves it on one of the patio chairs.

Ramsey dials 9-1-1 on his phone.

Cordero and Marti retreat as a media horde swells. Reporters want witnesses who can speak English, and cameras soon swarm Ramsey. His tale of Berry's screams interrupting his dinner of McDonald's take-out makes great TV. And in the viral age of social media, his colorful interviews and expletive-filled 9-1-1 call make him an instant Internet celebrity.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/30_minutes_that_ended_a_decade.html

Trying to understand, are you saying you believe that Charles misled the public when he made himself out to be the sole rescuer right from the start? I was totally behind Charles at first, now I cringe everytime I hear his voice because his stories and demeaner sound so false and self-serving to me.

I believe what he said in this interview was the truth. He clearly says "we". "We" does not equal sole rescuer. So your statement is a misrepresentation of what he said, right from the start.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLSI3oyqhs"]Charles Ramsey Interview, Cleveland Man That Found Amanda Berry - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, he said we, and later said A. Kind of froze for a second. Amanda should be able to tell what happened. They all rescued her, imo. Angel wouldn't have just left her and the elderly women would have done something more if necessary, and Charles did too. I'm not too sure what would have happened if the criminal showed up and gave some of them a line of BS though. They might have believed him and gone back to their business. Especially the ones who couldn't understand what Amanda was communicating.

I believe what he said in this interview was the truth. He clearly says "we". "We" does not equal sole rescuer. So your statement is a misrepresentation of what he said, right from the start.

Charles Ramsey Interview, Cleveland Man That Found Amanda Berry - YouTube

I don't believe it is a misrepresentation. If Cordero was there first, which seems at this point to be the most believable scenerio and is what you stated above, an accurate and true statement from Ramsey right from the start would have gone more like this:

"I was eating my McDonalds and heard a scream outside. I looked out and saw Mr. Cordero running toward the house next door. By the time I ran outside, Mr. Cordero was attempting to kick in the bottom of the door to free Amanda. I ran up and assisted him."

It should have been VERY clear that Cordero was there and was going to save Amanda with or without Ramsey. There should be no question at all of who Ramsey was referring to when he used the word 'we'. He says he was referring to Amanda, I think that was a cover for his goof. He didnt mean to say 'we', he wanted all the credit for himself, credit that he doesn't deserve.

Yes, he said we, and later said A. Kind of froze for a second. Amanda should be able to tell what happened. They all rescued her, imo. Angel wouldn't have just left her and the elderly women would have done something more if necessary, and Charles did too. I'm not too sure what would have happened if the criminal showed up and gave some of them a line of BS though. They might have believed him and gone back to their business. Especially the ones who couldn't understand what Amanda was communicating.

Amanda had more time than she expected, wasn't it about 20 minutes later that Castro was arrested at McDonalds? I think she would have kicked the bottom of the door out by herself it she'd had to. Those aluminium panels just float in the frames and they aren't very strong.

I don't believe Ramsey had anything to do with the rescue. With a domestic violence conviction under his belt and his belief that this was also a DV situation, I think he, not Cordero, would be the one to turn tail and run away. I also think it's telling that not one witness has come forward to support Ramsey's story - how odd that with all the people who were supposedly outside at the time, not one saw him do any of what he claims he did.

I don't believe it is a misrepresentation. If Cordero was there first, which seems at this point to be the most believable scenerio and is what you stated above, an accurate and true statement from Ramsey right from the start would have gone more like this:

"e.

Cordero wasn't there first Marti was.

Marti called to Codero to come in so many of Martis stories. (and there is a few but they all gel resonably.) If we want to nit pick who was there first my vote is Marti.

Codero gave no indication that Marti called him over or anyone else was there in his first interview either. He was the first and the sole hero.

I don't believe her misled us on purpose but just giving the info from his own perspective. As did everyone else.

Chilly Willy, why do you think Codero claims Amanda told them about the other girls and that they asked Ramsey to help but Ramsey wouldn't go in to get them? Do you think he is telling the truth? I wonder why he didn't go in, but expected Ramsey to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500