Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
He asked if she needed an ambulance and he told the dispatcher what Amanda was wearing.

He asked if she needed an ambulance and he told the dispatcher what Amanda was wearing.

It's not disputed that Ramsey called 911. Amanda also called 911 from the house that Angel was visiting. Angel might have not called 911 because of his English not being native.

"Berry then crossed the street with her child, 6-year-old Jocelyn, and went to the house of Altagracia Tejeda, the neighbor Cordero had been visiting, where she called 911."

http://kplr11.com/2013/05/09/neighbor-angel-cordero-played-a-key-role-in-cleveland-womens-escape/

Amanda is the real hero in my book, she risked it all to save the four of them.

"At some point Charles Ramsey, who lives next door to Castro, comes outside. Ramsey will say he's the one who kicked out a lower panel in the door and rescued Berry. Cordero will say he and Berry worked on both sides of the door to remove the panel. He, Marti and another witness will tell reporters Ramsey did not show up until after Berry was free."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/30_minutes_that_ended_a_decade.html

I'm pretty sure Charles's view of Angel has changed since he was called a liar by Angels friend in the house.

I will say Charles gave credit to Angel day 1 and Charles was the one who could describe what Amanda was wearing while the woman in the house was completely of on that.

While the view might have changed, the fact of who did what doesn't change.
Either Angel was breaking the door or he froze. Doesn't change depending on how Mr. Ramsey feels about Angel.
Not describing what woman was wearing doesn't change that this woman called the police from the house.

Ramsey said he then "did what I had to do" to get Berry out of the house. When the door wouldn't open, Ramsey said, he helped her bust out the aluminum bottom so she and her daughter, whom Ramsey said was with her, could break free. After Berry and the little girl were out, Ramsey said, he called 911.

See this is how I pictured what happen when I first heard it ...

Amanda and Ramsey kicked on door bottom

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UY1uTrXvsdM

All I know is good people did good deeds and saved others! God bless them all!

While the view might have changed, the fact of who did what doesn't change.
Either Angel was breaking the door or he froze. Doesn't change depending on how Mr. Ramsey feels about Angel.
Not describing what woman was wearing doesn't change that this woman called the police from the house.

When Charles originally said 'we' he may have been referring to Amanda.

When Charles originally said 'we' he may have been referring to Amanda.

The very first interview on CNN Charles pointed to someone (pretty sure it was Angel) and said he was there too.

He also said "we went across the street" and almost positive he also said
Angel started across the street first

Sod anything in the media vilifying Charles. He is a character, sure, but he bloody did his bit no matter that he'd shared ribs with his 'friend'. No damned denigration against him do I wish to see. I'm not referencing anyone on Websleuths, btw. He and Angel did the right thing. So right, neither of them are to be turned into wrong nor against one another. Well not in my eyes and I'd believe not in any of the four girls' eyes either. :furious:

Ramsey said he then "did what I had to do" to get Berry out of the house. When the door wouldn't open, Ramsey said, he helped her bust out the aluminum bottom so she and her daughter, whom Ramsey said was with her, could break free. After Berry and the little girl were out, Ramsey said, he called 911.

See this is how I pictured what happen when I first heard it ...

Amanda and Ramsey kicked on door bottom

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UY1uTrXvsdM

Berry first came out alone and then went back in and got her little girl.

So, I am not understanding why it matters who did what.. Charles does not want the reward money, he has requested it go to the girls... As for Angel, well is he going to give his reward money to the girls? Or anyone else that decides they helped too? Sorry, I just don't get why it matters..

i am pretty sure, once Amanda is well enough she will identlfy the man or men that helped her escape.

We will find out what really happened if AB ever decides to do an interview

I am glad she took the risk after 10yrs & saved all of their lives

They are in my eyes- the real Heroes for surviving the ordeal.

Each one helped the other thru every minute of everyday in that house for 10 long yrs!!

So, I am not understanding why it matters who did what.. Charles does not want the reward money, he has requested it go to the girls... As for Angel, well is he going to give his reward money to the girls? Or anyone else that decides they helped too? Sorry, I just don't get why it matters..

i am pretty sure, once Amanda is well enough she will identlfy the man or men that helped her escape.

If that house is in forclosure and he eventually had to get out I fear what would have happened to those girls. They had one shot here and Thank God someone acted and helped them. This story may have ended differently a few months from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther