Check charge trial 11/17???

Baez has nothing to gain by getting those out of the way, and precious time which could be spent elsewhere will be lost.

If he wins, she is still held without the right to bond out, and facing a capital crime. If he loses, she is in the same position.

If anything, since she's held anyway on different charges, , it is to his advantage to delay. Witnesses move away, evidence becomes misplaced, etc.

jmho

You're right, of course. :) But in these cases, I think she's done. There's no way she can beat these charges. The video tape doesn't lie!

Right, thats what I was kinda saying in a round about way. I was just pondering that I would go ahead and get that over with and then prepare for the big one. Ya know?

It's a bunch of felonies which will need alot of time to prepare and JB is already a newish lawyer with a capital case pending. His preparation time is going to fly by in an instant as there is so much his team needs to do.

My other thought was that it might make sense to spare the victim the stress of dealing with the stealing "good friend" again.

If Casey gets life , or the death penalty, there won't be an order of restitution anyway.

jmho:) nahh we're not disagreeing...just discussing:blowkiss:

I don't think they will drop the fraud charges,
Amy has a right for this to go to court and they will find her Guilty..too much evidence..

I say let's do that Trial now she should get a few years on this, then LE can take time for the big One..:woohoo:

I believe the fact that they are waiting to see what happens with the murder charge spares Amy a great deal of stress. It is already a stressful situation for anyone who has dealt with the defendant long-term, and the betrayals that Amy has suffered are just heartbreaking. To relive the whole Casey era and deal with the publicity is not an easy thing to do.
If Casey is convicted and sentenced in certain ways, there will not be a restitution order anyway.
It's not like the the Courts can order Casey to seek gainful employment in her next life and pay Amy every stolen nickel. I wish they could but they aren't quite that powerful. :wink:
Amy would have to take time off from work as would a slew of other witnesses.
In light of the fact that the whole thing might be moot, I cannot see it happening.
jmho:)

Amy has a right for this to go to court
:woohoo:

Snipped but left the woohoo smiley!

Actually, Amy does not have a "right" for this to go to court. Once again, as I keep posting here like a broken CD (we used to say broken record -- it skipped and kept repeating itself) the parties to a criminal case are the People of the State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony, defendant. It is not a civil lawsuit, Amy H, plaintiff v. KC, defendant. That makes a big huge difference. The only one who decides whether or not the economic crimes goes forward and when is the State's Attorney himself. Amy is a complaining witness who has a personal need for justice, but her personal need, although a factor as a victim of a crime, does not control, drive or dictate the right of prosecutorial discretion, which lies only with the State's Attorney himself.

Exactly, Themis. This is the criminal aspect of the charges. My hope with these is that the State has an ironclad case. I believe there are so many things KC needs to be punished for, criminally, and this is just one.

I hope the State does proceed, get the criminal conviction, and let Miss KC begin to see what prison versus jail is all about.

I don't diminish, though, the anguish that Amy will face. I feel sorry for her, knowing she will more likely than not be a witness in both trials.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back