Child Star from TV sitcom "Full House" in drug rehab...

michelle said:
i love kirk cameron, when i was growing up i had posters of him everywhere, i was surprised that he had become so devout as a christian but glad at the same time...I watch his show on TBN "way of the master" its pretty good...

I was just madly in love with Kirk Cameron when I was growing up. I read every article about him and thought he was the cutest thing on earth. My room was filled with his posters.

Also, "Stephanie Tanner" was my favorite character on Full House. I really liked her spunky personality. I truly hope she is getting the help she needs and can move in a positve direction.

So sad. I remember reading about Jodi Sweetin. She was a very smart kid. I remember reading that she loved to read and she skipped a grade, and she always sounded very articulate and bright. She had so much going for her. How did such a bright kid get started on something so low and disgusting as crystal meth???

Remember the girl from Blossom (the one who played Blossom)? I think she became a neurologist or something. It would be a cold day before I allowed my kids to get into professional acting. It seems like so many child actors end up alcoholics or on drugs or dead at a young age; very few end up successful in their adult lives.

deandaniellws said:
Yes, I saw it. Sad.....The show is called Family Matters.
I can't think of her name either but didn't she get into *advertiser censored* movies for awhile? very tough life after being so famous and then ??? running out of money.

englishleigh said:
You mean the girl who played Laura?

Candace Cameron is the only "Full House" girl who made a successful "afterlife" as an adult...she only acts rarely and has a happy marriage and several kids. She and her brother Kirk came from a devoutly Christian family and maybe that's why.
Ashley Olsen is still in college and doing well. I read that she and MaryKate don't live together anymore and are leading seperate lives....because of the drug issues.

deandaniellws said:
Ashley Olsen is still in college and doing well. I read that she and MaryKate don't live together anymore and are leading seperate lives....because of the drug issues.

That's good to hear about Ashley but so sad for her relationship with MK.

The girl who played Judy Winslow on Family Matters got sent upstairs during a show and we never saw her again! Sad, hope her life gets back on the right track. I missed Oprah.

Thanks for reading my posts;)

I saw very little of the "Oprah" show with her, but it looked good.

I hope Jodi Sweetin gets her life together. She is only 25.

As for the Olsen Twins...with all their money and fame, they seem to never look happy.

I had no idea and crystal meth is very very bad so I hope she can continue to kick it. Haven't seen a recent pic of her but my oldest daughter used to look just like her and the funny thing is I didn't notice until a friend at work saw her pic on my desk and said so. The shock was because after she said that I couldn't believe I had never noticed since there was an uncanny resemblence and both my of my daughters constantly watched the show.

julia said:
The girl who played Judy Winslow on Family Matters got sent upstairs during a show and we never saw her again! Sad, hope her life gets back on the right track. I missed Oprah.

Thanks for reading my posts;)
Wonder why she got canned?

I remember reading that they wanted to focus on the two teenage characters (Laura an Eddie). They just couldn't find storylines for her.
Sometimes that happens and they phase a character out.

They later brought in a little boy to replace her.

Mr. E said:
So sad. I remember reading about Jodi Sweetin. She was a very smart kid. I remember reading that she loved to read and she skipped a grade, and she always sounded very articulate and bright. She had so much going for her. How did such a bright kid get started on something so low and disgusting as crystal meth???

Remember the girl from Blossom (the one who played Blossom)? I think she became a neurologist or something. It would be a cold day before I allowed my kids to get into professional acting. It seems like so many child actors end up alcoholics or on drugs or dead at a young age; very few end up successful in their adult lives.
Does anyone remember the name of the girl that was on that show where the rich white man adopted two african-american boys? "Whatchu talkin bout Lewis" (or something like that) rings a bell, but I can't think of the show title.

Anyway, that girl ended up dying of a drug overdose. I guess being a child star is more difficult that one would think. I know there is a foundation set up to help child actors that was started by a child actor from long ago. It's so sad.

Taximom said:
Does anyone remember the name of the girl that was on that show where the rich white man adopted two african-american boys? "Whatchu talkin bout Lewis" (or something like that) rings a bell, but I can't think of the show title.

Anyway, that girl ended up dying of a drug overdose. I guess being a child star is more difficult that one would think. I know there is a foundation set up to help child actors that was started by a child actor from long ago. It's so sad.
Yep, It was Different Strokes...Dana Plato

Taximom said:

The name of that foundation is A Minor Consideration. Paul Peterson, who gained fame as Jeff in the Donna Reed Show, started it.
I've always tried to keep up with what he has done as we were childhood aquaintances. He and his family were neighbors of ours when I was young.

Maral said:
The name of that foundation is A Minor Consideration. Paul Peterson, who gained fame as Jeff in the Donna Reed Show, started it.
I've always tried to keep up with what he has done as we were childhood aquaintances. He and his family were neighbors of ours when I was young.
I think he is wonderful. I saw him on TV last week and just thought "Bless his heart!"

Thank you , Gmommy. That was the show. Her life was rough at times too.

Tristan said:
I remember reading that they wanted to focus on the two teenage characters (Laura an Eddie). They just couldn't find storylines for her.
Sometimes that happens and they phase a character out.

They later brought in a little boy to replace her.
Thanks.

The lifestyle is a recipe for disaster on so many levels, it isn't even funny. I can't imagine allowing any of my children to get near it. :doh: :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back