Children taunt bus monitor and make her cry

IMHO there are SO many people who know about this fund, that I would think it nearly impossible that she doesn't receive it. Even the fund has gone viral (obviously with so much money coming in).

Should the person who set up the fund try to abscond with the monies, he will be quickly found out. I'm sure Karen will let us know when she starts receiving the funds...I hope!

And I read this morning (sorry can't remember the linkie) that Disneyland has offered her a vacation along with several family members.

WOW!

Mel

It was Southwest airlines that offered to pay for her and 9 of her family members trip to Disneyland-I saw it on Anderson Cooper. Karen, when asked about the large amount of money donated, seem kind of doubtful she will actually see these money since she doesn't know who is collecting them. Again, I hope it's all on the up and up. And that she doesn't have to blow all this money on vacation. Since that is the purpose it was donated for. One can get into a lot of trouble over donated money. Just think about a person whose forum is currently closed.

I think that if I were her, I would insist that one by one each child and parent(s) sit down and explain the behavior. Explain to her why and how. I would hold the possibility of charges over their heads until it was done. They should have to face her. Really face her without the other bullies having their backs. In front of their parents.

Excellent idea. I agree!

Has it been stated if it was all boys or girls? I only ask bc I can clearly hear girls' voices on the video (well, in the 2:23 minutes I was able to stomach) and so far I have only read about the male bullies.

Eta: I just want to make sure there aren't any sneaky, little mean girls getting away with participating by deflecting all the responsibility onto the boys...

Several people have heard female voices. I think some sneaky mean girls are getting away with it.

I have seen this before. Sharon Chanon Velaquez, Casey Anthony, Dylan Klebold, Jeffrey Dahmer, and some of the 9/11 Terrorists. Parents of the perps in deep denial.

I would not be surprised if they get in trouble again and it is much worse.

Absolutely. Let's see, they have apologized in place of their sons, have said their babies have a "problem" and need therapy and have said that they shouldn't listen to other people. Nothing about how they will be pulling weeds all summer and grounded all school year. No public apology. No in person apology to Karen. No reall accountability of any kind.

Indeed. There will be no change to their character.

LUIS RECIO, Jr. (Making the Bus Monitor Cry, Cameraman) Speaks Out - YouTube

LUIS RECIO, Jr. (Making the Bus Monitor Cry, Cameraman) Speaks Out

This kid UPLOADED the video he recorded to youtube so as many people as possible could see Karen bullied and so she would be re-victimized. He is a jerk.

He relished it. He's only sorry that the world is calling for their heads and that they got caught.

And his mother? "Why he listening to someone else?" No! Not the right response! The right response would be: "I don't care who tells you what. You decide to listen to someone who tells you to do something horrible, then you are just as horrible. This is shameful and disgusting and no child of mine is going to get away with acting like this, ever."

I can only hope there is a language issue with her and that this is what she would say of she could, but somehow I doubt it.

IMHO there are SO many people who know about this fund, that I would think it nearly impossible that she doesn't receive it. Even the fund has gone viral (obviously with so much money coming in).

Should the person who set up the fund try to abscond with the monies, he will be quickly found out. I'm sure Karen will let us know when she starts receiving the funds...I hope!

And I read this morning (sorry can't remember the linkie) that Disneyland has offered her a vacation along with several family members.

WOW!

Mel

Yeah, his name is public and he's very excited and moved and giving updates every day. Karen will get the money or he will go to jail.

Some of them must have been girly boys, because the voices I heard sounded like they came from both sexes.

They were 7th graders so likely some of them haven't gone thru puberty yet. My nephew is that age and when he answers the phone I always think it is my sister. He gets so offended. I can't help it! They all sounded like little girlie boys to me.

They were 7th graders so likely some of them haven't gone thru puberty yet. My nephew is that age and when he answers the phone I always think it is my sister. He gets so offended. I can't help it! They all sounded like little girlie boys to me.

Yes, they are males. Karen obviously knows who they were, and she never said there were any females involved.

He didn't know it would "go this far"? What's that supposed to mean? He knew how "far it went" when he recorded it, as well as posted it on youtube....

Or....he just didn't think it would get this much media attention, and now he'd be scrutinized? That sounds more likely.

It bothers me that he can't look at the person interviewing him while he is giving his answers ("what are you sorry for?", etc.) Maybe it's shame or embarrassment. Or maybe it's attitude. Who knows?

What I get from this is Luis is sorry it went viral, not that it happened, not that he didn't step in like a knight in shining armour and protect the lady, he is sorry it went this far? Let me put this in a nutshell for you Luis the L [rest of derogatory word redacted by me so as not to continue the action I object to - tlc], you learned nothing, and you are only sorry for yourself.
ETA: Recio, I'm sorry you'll never know what it is like to be a man.

While I certainly do understand the frustration about what these young people got up to, I hate to see a thread by grownups about children bullying a grownup contain name calling directed towards what are still children (minors) themselves. name calling IMO has no place in a thread devoted to discussing the negative subject of bullying.

Again, I understand the frustration and outrage at what this woman was subjected to so I hope this comment will be taken in the spirit in which it is intended and not as confrontational.

While I certainly do understand the frustration about what these young people got up to, I hate to see a thread by grownups about children bullying a grownup contain name calling directed towards what are still children (minors) themselves. name calling IMO has no place in a thread devoted to discussing the negative subject of bullying.

Again, I understand the frustration and outrage at what this woman was subjected to so I hope this comment will be taken in the spirit in which it is intended and not as confrontational.

You can feel free to object, my view of this person remains the same.

Two of the middle school kids who brutally bullied a school bus monitor in Greece, New York are apologizing to Karen Klein.

MSNBC says they've sent notes to police who have forwarded them to Klein.

"I am so sorry for the way I treated you," one of the student said in a statement. "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I will never treat anyone this way again."

More at link:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/22/155577733/the-bullied-bus-monitor-gets-an-apology-half-a-million-in-donations

These half-*advertiser censored**ed apologies mean zip.

What they did was a crime. And they committed it on school property.

I say the county sentence these bullies to at least one year of community service. At a battered women's and children's shelter. Cleaning toilets. And doing laundry. Menial tasks for people who have been victimized.

Maybe if they have enough down time between scrubbing and washing, they can see first-hand (and heavily supervised) what being abused does to a person.

I say 'maybe' because as I said last night, I sadly fear these kids are already who they will be. I just hope they become incarcerated before they are allowed to victimize anyone again.

Looking at Luis's face he is clearly blinking a lot and at times looking away from the camera. He sounds matter of the fact and shows no remorse. The mother is blinking frequently as well. Here is the father of one the bullies apologizing. He is blinking a lot and moving his head.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0-IFrk_KSo"]Father Of Bus Monitor Bully Speaks Out "Apologizes To Karen Klein" - YouTube[/ame]

For references, they remind me of this Jerry Sandusky interview. I see similarities with them and Sandusky as they turn away and blink frequently.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJ3nG5I2jY"]JERRY SANDUSKY INTERVIEW 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Body Language expert Patti Wood's insights of Jerry Sandusky's New York Times videotaped interview.What does Jerry Sandusky's body language indicate?
http://bodylanguagelady.blogspot.com/2011/12/pattis-analysis-of-jerry-sanduskys-body.html

Some of them must have been girly boys, because the voices I heard sounded like they came from both sexes.

I saw a list of names on an article, I didn't post it here since they are minors, but they're all guys.

These half-*advertiser censored**ed apologies mean zip.

What they did was a crime. And they committed it on school property.

I say the county sentence these bullies to at least one year of community service. At a battered women's and children's shelter. Cleaning toilets. And doing laundry. Menial tasks for people who have been victimized.

Maybe if they have enough down time between scrubbing and washing, they can see first-hand (and heavily supervised) what being abused does to a person.

I say 'maybe' because as I said last night, I sadly fear these kids are already who they will be. I just hope they become incarcerated before they are allowed to victimize anyone again.

What do you want them to do? Apologizing is a good first step. They might be meaningless, but they are doing what they should. JMO

Looking at Luis's face he is clearly blinking a lot and at times looking away from the camera. He sounds matter of the fact and shows no remorse. The mother is blinking frequently as well. Here is the father of one the bullies apologizing. He is blinking a lot and moving his head.
Father Of Bus Monitor Bully Speaks Out "Apologizes To Karen Klein" - YouTube

For references, they remind me of this Jerry Sandusky interview. I see similarities with them and Sandusky as they turn away and blink frequently.
JERRY SANDUSKY INTERVIEW 2011 - YouTube

Body Language expert Patti Wood's insights of Jerry Sandusky's New York Times videotaped interview.What does Jerry Sandusky's body language indicate?
http://bodylanguagelady.blogspot.com/2011/12/pattis-analysis-of-jerry-sanduskys-body.html

I see a father who's mortified by what his kid has done. It took a lot of cajones to go in front of the camera like that. I agree with him too. I think a psychological evaluation is the right direction to go. JMO

BTW, I don't see any other parents coming forward.

You know what would tell me they were truly sorry? If this whole thing had never made it to youtube and they apologized.

They only apologized and they're only sorry because half of the world knows what they did.

Donations, gifts pour in for bus monitor bullied in New York

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/us/new-york-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=us_c2

Hundreds of thousands of dollars had poured in by Friday morning for a New York bus monitor taunted by seventh-graders in a brazen bullying incident that has sparked international outrage.

Supporters worldwide have donated more than $500,000 online so far through the international crowd-funding site, .

You know what would tell me they were truly sorry? If this whole thing had never made it to youtube and they apologized.

They only apologized and they're only sorry because half of the world knows what they did.

I would normally agree but this whole thing happened so fast. I believe it was the mother of the camera recorder who uploaded it to her Facebook the same night it took place. That night a friend downloaded the video from Facebook and uploaded it to YouTube. At the same time a link to the video was posted on reddit and 4chan. This gave it thousands and thousands of hits in the first few hours. These boys had no clue of the reaction coming. maybe if the mother had went to the parents of the kids first an apology and punishment would have been made? I guess we will never know. Listeening to the interview of one of the fathers, they have had death threats and multiple deliveries to the home.

The backlash seems to have started against Karen gaining so much money.. But I still believe she deserves it. people are donating because what these boys did was wrong. Hopefully she will never be subjected to this again. People around the world are saying to these boys No!

I would normally agree but this whole thing happened so fast. I believe it was the mother of the camera recorder who uploaded it to her Facebook the same night it took place. That night a friend downloaded the video from Facebook and uploaded it to YouTube. At the same time a link to the video was posted on reddit and 4chan. This gave it thousands and thousands of hits in the first few hours. These boys had no clue of the reaction coming. maybe if the mother had went to the parents of the kids first an apology and punishment would have been made? I guess we will never know. Listeening to the interview of one of the fathers, they have had death threats and multiple deliveries to the home.

The backlash seems to have started against Karen gaining so much money
.. But I still believe she deserves it. people are donating because what these boys did was wrong. Hopefully she will never be subjected to this again. People around the world are saying to these boys No!

Oh for Heaven's sake. She didnt ask for any money. People are choosing to give it and now there is sour grapes?

CNN's "AC360" received statements from two of the accused middle schoolers and the father of a third student apologizing for their behavior.
"When I saw the video, I was disgusted and could not believe I did that," one boy named Josh said.
A teen named Wesley said he regretted his actions and "would be really mad" if someone had done the same to a family member.
"If your friend says to bully somebody, please don't do it," said the father of Luis, another of the seventh-graders.

Guess we called that one...my child was led defense.
"I've gotten e-mails from the United Kingdom (and) from all over the United States saying prosecute, prosecute," Greece Police Capt. Steve Chatterton said Thursday. "I feel it. I feel it. But we have to follow the law. We can't tailor the law to meet this case because of public outrage."

Good for him. He is right

I see shame in the apology video's. I'm proud of the parents for making their son apologize and for apologizing themselves. The boy needed to see his father, a MAN get before the camera and say he was sorry for his sons behavior. This is a learning opportunity (right from wrong!)! If this were me and my mother- back in the day- she would not have made me say sorry and she certainly would not have apologized for my behavior. This boy will learn something from this, IMO!!

Letters are nice and all, but these kids need to be marched up to look Karen in the eyes and apologize face to face.

Anytime I did something to wrong someone else as a kid, I was made to apologize in person. We make our kids do the same. And the apology better had be sincere. There is no substitute for this, really. A letter just allows them to remain detached from Karen and what they did to her. They need to own up, apologize, and see with their own eyes the hurt they did to a fellow human being. :twocents:

Eta - that goes the same for apology videos posted to YouTube. Nice and all, but no substitute for a face to face apology.

All I gotta say is "good work boys, you've just made Karen a very rich woman". You've served your purpose, now go back to sitting in the corner.

I want Karen to take the $$$ & fete herself at a luxurious resort with all the spa treatments known to man & write postcards to the brats telling them Thanks, wouldn't be here without you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back