Christina Noudga Trial Thread 11.22.16

I can't understand why one of them would not have told the true story, perhaps to get some leniency in early parole, etc... this way they are both in for 25 years. Is it worth it to stay quiet?d.

Mark Smich did tell the whole story did he not?

It really *is* interesting that DM kept those gloves, when one really thinks about it.<snip>He knew police had already visited him at the hangar. He knew from his employee that someone close to the situation had suspicions and had potentially called police about the truck being there, DM had already fired him for that. And yet instead of disposing of the gloves, he kept them on his person. Gave different incriminating items to different people, thereby bringing them into it and getting them involved.

Yes, but remember the keys? He left the keys to Tim's truck on the keyring of the Yukon he was driving. How stupid can you get? He should have ditched those keys immediately.

Mark Smich did tell the whole story did he not?

Not sure I would call this "telling the whole story". MS's version had him not involved at all with the killing, burning, or moving truck/incinerator. Very convenient he was under duress and afraid of DM. Ya right.....

BBM - I think she will attempt to legally change her name and try to pretend that this part of her life never existed, a la Karla Homolka. :maddening:

And why should she get a 2nd chance? Tim Bosma certainly didn't. Justice system and legal system protects the criminals in every which way. Very sad.

Not sure I would call this "telling the whole story". MS's version had him not involved at all with the killing, burning, or moving truck/incinerator. Very convenient he was under duress and afraid of DM. Ya right.....

And that is my point by saying what I said. Nobody knows what really happened that night except DM/MS and to some extent TB before he was murdered, and none of what MS/DM have to say would or will be believed or can be verified. What these two had/have to say is totally irrelevant. The evidence is what matters.

Yes, but remember the keys? He left the keys to Tim's truck on the keyring of the Yukon he was driving. How stupid can you get? He should have ditched those keys immediately.

Really difficult to guess DM's post murder actions in isolation. He also had the receipt for the "Eliminator" in the vehicle. My guess is he was planning an alibi based on his employee calling Crime Stoppers, but was totally thrown a curve ball by LE finding Tim's phone and tracking down the other truck owner who had identified the tattoo.

The evidence he thought they had was greatly miscalculated. Even his letters to CN that he wrote before full disclosure shone a light on the fact that he was planning to claim he was not there, and Smich and friends were.

He never thought that LE would actually make a great CSI episode out of this case. He didn't leave crumbs, he almost left the whole cake. And LE made a great effort to reproduce the recipe for the cake.

MOO

And why should she get a 2nd chance? Tim Bosma certainly didn't. Justice system and legal system protects the criminals in every which way. Very sad.
I'm not saying she deserves a second chance, but she will certainly try, imo.

He never thought that LE would actually make a great CSI episode out of this case. He didn't leave crumbs, he almost left the whole cake. And LE made a great effort to reproduce the recipe for the cake.

I don't agree. It was all the cell phones pinging together and the test drive with Igor and the tattoo. These two mistakes that was what did it. They got away with two presumable murders before Bosma and they likely would of gotten away with this one.

I don't agree. It was all the cell phones pinging together and the test drive with Igor and the tattoo. These two mistakes that was what did it. They got away with two presumable murders before Bosma and they likely would of gotten away with this one.

I guess it's a matter of time frame. All the information from phone and videos were retrieved and assembled over a greater length of time (the recipe). However DM was only aware of the CS call at the time of arrest. The fact that he used the same burner phone for both test drives was enough to put LE on a different investigative route. One that lead to a quick identification.

Excluding the call to CS, it would have been difficult to find all those other phones without a identified suspect. It was using the same burner phone that was the key mistake. We will never know if Igor would have contacted LE without them approaching him.

MOO

I guess it's a matter of time frame. All the information from phone and videos were retrieved and assembled over a greater length of time (the recipe). However DM was only aware of the CS call at the time of arrest. The fact that he used the same burner phone for both test drives was enough to put LE on a different investigative route. One that lead to a quick identification.

Excluding the call to CS, it would have been difficult to find all those other phones without a identified suspect. It was using the same burner phone that was the key mistake. We will never know if Igor would have contacted LE without them approaching him.

MOO

If I am correct, the burner phone, the TB phone, the MS phone, and the DM phone were all pinging at the same time off different locations. Anyways, I have nothing more to comment on this.

If I am correct, the burner phone, the TB phone, the MS phone, and the DM phone were all pinging at the same time off different locations. Anyways, I have nothing more to comment on this.

But they needed to know to look at DM's and MS's phone. Using different burner phones, all you have is TB's and the burner phone with no link to Igor.

He didn't leave crumbs, he almost left the whole cake.

RSBM

Millard didn't appear to be in much of a rush to move the truck out of the hangar (SS was working at removing the windshield and preparing the truck for a paint job) until Thursday night. Too bad that SS may have given him the heads up in time to remove it. Otherwise, it might have been the whole cake. OTOH there were some legal arguments concerning LE's visit to the hangar, and the eliminator may not have been found quite so readily along with witness testimony of its location in the tree lined path.

Seems like a weed demented brain. As Marymcd says, he left the whole cake out. If things went out of control due to MS, what do you do? If it's not according to your plan, what do you do? If you are flying a plane and it's heading for the terrain, you eject before the impact. If you don't want to turn in, dump everything. Remove any evidence as far as you can from yourself. He didn't.

And this is to the point of Smich's story. If anything went unexpected to Millard, he wouldn't just play along.

I, personally, have no doubt that Millard was driving the RAM on Paris Rd and Bobcat dealership. That's a diversion from going to the farm. And I think this is where TB was killed. I believe it was Millard who discharged the firearm to kill TB. IMO MS's story is at least 95% correct. The only Q is whether MS knew this is going to happen or not. He got convicted, yes. I know that.

RSBM

Millard didn't appear to be in much of a rush to move the truck out of the hangar (SS was working at removing the windshield and preparing the truck for a paint job) until Thursday night. Too bad that SS may have given him the heads up in time to remove it. Otherwise, it might have been the whole cake. OTOH there were some legal arguments concerning LE's visit to the hangar, and the eliminator may not have been found quite so readily along with witness testimony of its location in the tree lined path.
The evidence in this case was overwhelming, IMO. It doesn't matter how quickly LE found the truck or eliminator, I would have been found eventually assuming the timing of IT putting them on the ambition tattoo remained the same. It would be a huge bungle if LE didn't find the truck or eliminator in time. Unfortunately, the swiftness of those finds didn't help.

Just thinking, all this scrambling on the night of the 9th and DM didn't help himself much. He should have abandoned the truck somewhere and lit it on fire. (And left his phone at home while he did it) Otherwise, the cake was nicely made.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Really difficult to guess DM's post murder actions in isolation. He also had the receipt for the "Eliminator" in the vehicle. My guess is he was planning an alibi based on his employee calling Crime Stoppers, but was totally thrown a curve ball by LE finding Tim's phone and tracking down the other truck owner who had identified the tattoo.

The evidence he thought they had was greatly miscalculated. Even his letters to CN that he wrote before full disclosure shone a light on the fact that he was planning to claim he was not there, and Smich and friends were.

MOO
Similar to your cake analogy, its like a piece of Ikea furniture. All the pieces are there but assembly instruction were missing. LE put together the piece of furniture and it doesn't matter if the exact directions were followed, it ended up being a bed frame (trying to be cleaver about DM laying his bed).

Similar to your cake analogy, its like a piece of Ikea furniture. All the pieces are there but assembly instruction were missing. LE put together the piece of furniture and it doesn't matter if the exact directions were followed, it ended up being a bed frame (trying to be cleaver about DM laying his bed).

Very good analogy! LE did a fabulous job in putting all the puzzle pieces together to come up with a completed 1,000 piece puzzle of a lake or sky (ie. all one colour and more difficult to put together). DM and MS were sloppy and left a lot of evidence in plain sight, therefore helping LE!

Even CN helped by keeping the letters and the DVD with security footage! Perhaps that wasn't the intent, but she produced some of the most damning evidence (the letters). I am surprised that DM admitted he wrote the letters.... he could have disputed that, and dragged trial out for another week or so with handwriting experts, etc....

He should have abandoned the truck somewhere and lit it on fire.

I agree. Something drove him to be bold and open with the truck so soon after the crime. BAJA 500?

He could have just put in the trailer for several weeks before anyone seen it. Did he expect the Bosma disappearance to not flood the news? Did he just get careless since it was a poorly kept secret that DM and his clan stole things and they kept getting away with it?

Your point that he still wanted the truck after he knew the chase may be on is puzzling. I wonder if Arthur told his son in law that he took pictures, or reported the VIN to CS? Without that evidence, DM may have thought he could just make the only evidence disappear. His cocky response to LE with "suits are here", seems to indicate that he thought they were there because of the CS call. While LE was really checking out if he met Igor's description.

MOO

I agree. Something drove him to be bold and open with the truck so soon after the crime. BAJA 500?

He could have just put in the trailer for several weeks before anyone seen it. Did he expect the Bosma disappearance to not flood the news? Did he just get careless since it was a poorly kept secret that DM and his clan stole things and they kept getting away with it?

Your point that he still wanted the truck after he knew the chase may be on is puzzling. I wonder if Arthur told his son in law that he took pictures, or reported the VIN to CS? Without that evidence, DM may have thought he could just make the only evidence disappear. His cocky response to LE with "suits are here", seems to indicate that he thought they were there because of the CS call. While LE was really checking out if he met Igor's description.

MOO

I continue to think that there is an awful lot of evidence that suggests that this was not planned as a murder, but as a robbery. Once it became a murder they simply ran out the clock trying to destroy and hide evidence, all while trying to not raise too much suspicion by deviating too far from routine. Had it been a robbery everything would have been different from the police response to the public response. They planned more or less adequately to get away with a robbery, and wholly inadequately to get away with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back