Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over now. Josh stood up, lingered at table, shuffled papers, head remained down.

I want to see him on way out...

Josh is a scary man right now. I don't know what his demeanor is like, normally. But he seems to be in a state of shock. I hope Chuck is careful. Josh seems like someone who allows his anger to build up a good head of steam. And it wouldn't seem he has much to lose anymore.

I'm watching the live feed of the Powell custody hearing on the kirotv.com website and frankly I have to wonder why Josh Powell doesn't hire an attorney. He's way out of his league representing himself.

Because the state doesn't pay for an attorney for a custody hearing. He's not working, so no money.

And he did not do himself any favors by continually questioning the judges orders. The judge will remember this in future hearings.

Josh to Judge: I want my sons to b taken care of w/as much oversight as possible...[this]is critical...
Josh, I am confident that there will be no naked men running around the Cox home with cameras taking secret pictures of neighbors' young girls.

JP showed so much concern about discussing the disappearance of Susan with his kids that it is highly likely they have valuable info. MOO.

he just totally showed his cards. What he's afraid of most is that the boys will finally feel free to spill the beans on him. It's clear that was his most important priority. To keep people from talking to the boys about their mothers murder/disappearance.
bingo!!

Hopefully, the station will make the archive available for viewing at a later time. It was difficult to hear the video, I had my volume on high and the video on the screen as well, still could hardly hear. But it's the demeanor of JP that's interesting.

Boy, he sure doesn't act like they said he did. But then he kinda' wants to, but it is the judge, after all.

The truth of the matter is, there's going to be a hearing in November, a status hearing. IF JP wants to persue it further and the Cox do as well, there will be a TRIAL and JP HAS to get himself an attorney and TESTIFY UNDER OATH!!

Just a matter of time.
:behindbar

Just a matter of time.
;)
fran

Josh is a scary man right now. I don't know what his demeanor is like, normally. But he seems to be in a state of shock. I hope Chuck is careful. Josh seems like someone who allows his anger to build up a good head of steam. And it wouldn't seem he has much to lose anymore.

And being unemployed he doesn't have anything else to do to take his mind off this. So he will be building up a full head of steam.

(JP: GD woman telling me what to do with my kids. My wife's dad sitting there so smug. He hasn't won yet cause it isn't over. He just had the money for an attorney and I didn't.) (I noticed in SP's letter he spent a lot of time detailing who had money and who didn't. So I am presuming that JP will have the same mindset and will blame losing the hearing on Mr. Cox having the money to hire an attorney. Eventually he will accuse someone of being 'bought' IMO.

JP showed so much concern about discussing the disappearance of Susan with his kids that it is highly likely they have valuable info. MOO.

From the article we saw this morning, seems all they have to do is show pictures of Susan. The oldest MAY even tell them where 'mommy, owee!'

just sayin'
fran

He just totally showed his cards. What he's afraid of most is that the boys will finally feel free to spill the beans on him. It's clear that was his most important priority. To keep people from talking to the boys about their mothers murder/disappearance.

The funny thing is that LE most likely has or will ask the Coxes not to discuss it with them anyway. In the interest of preserving the evidence for the court case they won't want the boys memories tainted in any way.

And since they had them talk to a counselor already, they may have already given out some info.

Hopefully, the station will make the archive available for viewing at a later time. It was difficult to hear the video, I had my volume on high and the video on the screen as well, still could hardly hear. But it's the demeanor of JP that's interesting.

Boy, he sure doesn't act like they said he did. But then he kinda' wants to, but it is the judge, after all.

The truth of the matter is, there's going to be a hearing in November, a status hearing. IF JP wants to persue it further and the Cox do as well, there will be a TRIAL and JP HAS to get himself an attorney and TESTIFY UNDER OATH!!

Just a matter of time.
:behindbar

Just a matter of time.
;)
fran

Both parties can file motions with the court in the mean time, if they choose. I'm betting JP will try and do this and will drive everyone batty. He's fuming and confused right now..but I'm sure after returning to the $### hole, he'll be back to the old narcissitic controlling self and want to fight back for that control. It will be nutso around him until the next hearing.... unless LE can take him away. IMO

This was so disturbing to me on so many levels today. As some other posters stated, I didn't expect to hear how utterly psychologically disturbed this family is. I wonder how secretive and clannish they are, because how can a family of what - four, five - adults all be on board with this level of dysfunction? It would be interesting to hear some interviews with neighbors. After having already heard of the pictures of little neighbor girls the poster really got me, and I suspect that was the final straw for the judge. Just OWNING a poster depicting a female with a sword inserted sexually and coming out of her belly is wrong on so many levels. And Josh - why would you take pictures of women's legs???! I really don't get it!

And yes - I do believe we are going to hear much, much more. This isn't going to stop at 14 charges of voyeurism. Uh uh:maddening:!

What is going through my head right now - God! I hope Susan didn't suffer horribly. Where are you?

There just isn't any way with JP acting so touchy & over sensitive to his boys being exposed to questions about HIS WIFE without HIS PERMISSION!He is surely clearing the path like a steam engine and calling attention to his involvement or (can I say GUILT??????):sick::banghead:

Ok after watching Josh Powell in action. This guy is slick and was probably very controlling and sneaky in terms of his marriage. He's not dumb and there was a reason why he's be able to get away with murder.

And he continues to interrupt the Judge.

I respectfully disagree. The guy is a moron.

Because the state doesn't pay for an attorney for a custody hearing. He's not working, so no money.

And he did not do himself any favors by continually questioning the judges orders. The judge will remember this in future hearings.

Respectfully, BBM.

That disturbs me. I've never heard of such a thing. If so, don't agree with that at all. I just assumed Josh believed (foolishly, arrogantly) that he could handle it himself.

Ok after watching Josh Powell in action. This guy is slick and was probably very controlling and sneaky in terms of his marriage. He's not dumb and there was a reason why he's be able to get away with murder.

And he continues to interrupt the Judge.

It's beyond me why the judge doesn't do a Judge Judy and slam down that gavel and tell him "Do I have stupid written on my forehead?" When I talk, you DON'T so shut it!" JP needs that.

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Judge needs to amend anti-harassment injunction that keeps Coxes from Powell neighborhood so oldest boy may stay in his same school.
2 minutes ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
The hearing on Nov. 15 will be a status review. A week later, if matter not resolved, will
meet to set trial date on permanent custody.

Could end up biting him in the butt because this leaves open the possibility that the Coxes may get permanent custody if JP keeps pushing it. He just digs himself into more of a mess the more he talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname