Cindy Anthony named a prosecution witness..

I honestly don't think Cindy is capable of saying that. It goes against her every fiber of being. This woman cannot keep her mouth shut or stick to a script, for that matter.

We're talking about Cindy here, remember that. She has proven to us that she must be in control, and pleading the 5th will just not accomplish anything in her mind. She'll play every card in the manipulation deck. It doesn't matter who she's talking to or where's she at, its all about what Cindy thinks is right.

Don't forget we've already seen her in action on the stand during the bond hearing and what came out then was total Cindy spin. Cindy has a problem with taking advise from anyone for any length of time, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I'm hoping she will be asked what she meant when she told Amy that Casey is in trouble and if she didn't find her that Casey would be going to jail.
That statement drives me crazy. Why did she so quickly connect trouble to jail? The police hadn't been called yet, or had they?

I completely disagree, She or KC could very well see prison if she lies or changes her story Again! That will motivate her to plead the 5th.
I agree with you that she cant keep her mouth shut, but we are talking H-U-G-E stakes here. Not only that but her daughter learned to shut up when she had to really quick, I think she has learned this also, she has been pretty quiet lately....

Two words come to mind:

hostile witness

HEH. You took the words right off of my keyboard.

A hostile witness can be someone who is called as a witness for your case but does not answer your questions. After they are declared "hostile" you can ask them leading questions and cross-examine them.

Let's speculate and role play CA as a hostile witness [Forewarning: this is pure unmitigated speculation and not fact. It's **Fiction.**] Keep in mind this may not happen. CA could answer truthfully, fully and honestly!

SA=State's Attorney

SA: "Your Honor, the State calls CA to the stand."
CA is retrieved from the corridor and led into the courtroom. CA is asked to raise her hand and solemnly swear that the testimony she is about to give is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help her god, yadda yadda.
CA: "Yes, I do."
Judge: "Please take a seat. SA, you may go ahead."
SA: [takes CA through **all** the questions that he knows she'll answer truthfully without leading her...and THEN pops a question they know she will bristle answering.
Example: "Isn't it true that Casey has stolen upwards of $20,000.00 (insert any know amount) from you over the past X years?"
CA: Gives waivering roundabout answer...
SA: "Mrs. A, did you tell the 911 operator in the call on July 15, 2008 that you wanted Casey arrested for stealing and that you had an Affidavit from the bank swearing to this fact?"
CA: [Hopefully tells the truth. Yes, buts won't work here.]
SA: Do you have an Affidavit? Where is this Affidavit?
If not the SA will point out her previous statement on 911 call. If CA vacillates, tries to say she was not telling the truth at that time but just to get LE out to the house, etc. They SA will say, "Are you saying you were not telling the truth on the 911 call?" "When are you telling the truth, then or now? Etc." The SA will dig in like a physician with a scalpel. The minute she gets squirrelly, answers in circles, or does not answer the question "yes" or "no" then...
SA: Your honor, I request permission to take this witness as a hostile witness.
Judge: Request granted. Let the record reflect that State is taking CA as a hostile witness.
CA: Looks confused [Most of these usually do...]
After this point the SA can lead the witness and all the gloves are off.

I completely disagree, She or KC could very well see prison if she lies or changes her story Again! That will motivate her to plead the 5th.
I agree with you that she cant keep her mouth shut, but we are talking H-U-G-E stakes here. Not only that but her daughter learned to shut up when she had to really quick, I think she has learned this also, she has been pretty quiet lately....

I hope she will answer the questions, but with her being lawyered up, he might advise her to take the 5th in light of all of her mis-truths........... since day one.

Biaz said that Casey can refuse to testify at the Grand jury hearing but can any witness (like CA) refuse to testify?

I'll give ya a maybe, lol.

Casey is a more elevated version of Cindy, and has been described by LE as being 'tough'. Cindy, oth, isn't as criminally savy as her daughter. I'll be very interested to know how long Casey has been stealing.

I still think if the DA presses the right buttons Cindy will start in again, regardless of what is at stake. Her survival instincts will take over, unless she's heavily medicated. and we've seen her behavior when that happens.

What conversation with Amy? If the conversation you refer to did not involve Cindy herself, Cindy would not be allowed to testify to the truth of that conversation. It would be considered hearsay. There are exceptions to this rule, but too numerous and complicated to go into within the context of this forum. If I knew what specific conversation you were referring to, I might be able to determine if Cindy's testimony about the conversation in question would be admissible, without going into a whole thesis about hearsay.

However, Amy could testify to the conversation you refer to (or at least the portion that Amy herself generated).

Cindy picked Amy up from the mall when she asked Amy to take her to Casey (at Tony's apt). Perhaps the poster meant that conversation - while they were driving from the mall to Tony's.

I'll give ya a maybe, lol.

Casey is a more elevated version of Cindy, and has been described by LE as being 'tough'. Cindy, oth, isn't as criminally savy as her daughter. I'll be very interested to know how long Casey has been stealing.

I still think if the DA presses the right buttons Cindy will start in again, regardless of what is at stake. Her survival instincts will take over, unless she's heavily medicated. and we've seen her behavior when that happens.

I agree...for example in the second interview with CA and LE (8/4 I believe) at the end where they made her swear that what she said was true she became very aggravated stating she didn't know she was swearing to anything. Well, hello, do you think LE wants to call you in for you to tell them lies? She knew, or at least one would think she knew, that what she was telling them was the truth to the best of her knowledge. Whether or not it was a lie based on KC's truths or not was irrelevant - she was supposedly telling the truths based on what she knew. :bang:

CA on the stand shall be very interesting to say the least!

It's time to play.. WHEEL.. OF.. INCONSISTENCY!

And on the wheel today are four answers that, when Cindy is caught in a lie, she'll use:

1. Nobody told me I was giving a statement
2. I'm medicated
3. Subject change to blame law enforcement for something unrelated
4. You didn't come pick _______ up within _______ hours, so I washed it!

We removed the "I apologize, I was mistaken" or "I'm sorry I lied" panels off the wheel since they haven't been used ever. Keep a lookout for the new "random blame" tile, where Cindy pulls a name out of thin air and blames them for whatever Casey is accused of!

What phone call? That was not me on the phone, must have been whoever took Caylee pretending to be me!

I'm so amazed at Casey's stupidity. I just read that she signed her own name on Amy's check at Target. How did she think she was going to get out of that one, especially with her name signed at the bottom? She didn't think at all. Just goes to show that same stupidity when making up the story about ZG taking her daughter.

What she did was make the check out to herself, as if Amy had made it out to her. She then signed the check in her name which would be the right thing to do if the check was made out to her. That part wasn't stupid she knew if the checks were made out to her she could cash them. What I find incredibly stupid was that it never crossed her mind that maybe she would not get away with this once Amy found out.

What she did was make the check out to herself, as if Amy had made it out to her. She then signed the check in her name which would be the right thing to do if the check was made out to her. That part wasn't stupid she knew if the checks were made out to her she could cash them. What I find incredibly stupid was that it never crossed her mind that maybe she would not get away with this once Amy found out.

No she is referring to check #142 that was made out on AH's check, to Target. but she signed her own name at the bottom. Its really unbelievably stupid that she didnt even try to forge AH's signature...

I've always thought since the Grand Jury is not a court of law, witnesses can not take the 5th. They can refuse to testify on some accounts but not take the 5th. Does anyone know for sure? Or did I dream this in one of my many crazy night time full color dreams.
jmo

No she is referring to check #142 that was made out on AH's check, to Target. but she signed her own name at the bottom. Its really unbelievably stupid that she didnt even try to forge AH's signature...

I didn't see this check so I am confused. You mean that the check was from Amy's check book? and she made the check out to Amy? Then she signed her name even although the check was not made out to her? That makes absolutely no sense, how on earth did the person at Target let her do that?

The check I saw on the video was made out to her, albiet, she tried to make the hand wrting look different, she then signed it in her name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back