Cindy Anthony's testimonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
11:07

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CA BY JB

Did you ever instruct DC and JH to search off of Suburban? No.

Did you ask them to video tape there? No.

December 20, 2008 search warrant - did you tell YM at that time that you had your people search and nothing was there? She can't remember what she said to him then.

Do you know if you told him that you had people walk that area where the body was discovered a month ago and nothing was there.

She doesn't remember what she told him at that time.

She did recall telling him that there was A blanket missing. She agreed this was the second search warrant since finding Caylee.

On 12/11 they did not leave a search warrant or inventory sheet. She did not know what they were looking for at that time or what they had taken.

On 12/20 - did you know what they had taken on the 11th? She believes their attorney had requested that and at some point they got it.

You were aware of the Winnie the Pooh bedding? There were seventy some items.

Prior to December 2008 that you had told LA that you had sent DC and/or JH to Suburban Drive with a video camera? She never told anyone that because she never sent them there.

What about after or around the time of 11/08, did you have an argument with LA about sending DC to search? She had no knowledge of that search. Her first knowledge of that search was after Caylee's remains were found.

She never had a discussion with LA in which he asked why she was looking for a dead Caylee?

Witness excused at 11:12

Did you instruct JH or DC to search Suburban Drive?\
No.
Did you tell Melich you had someone walk that area a month ago and no body was there.
I can't rememer
Did you tell him you had people walk that area where the body was discovered a month ago and no body was there?
As I said before ... no
Did you tell him you had some blankets missing?
I do recall there was a (one) blanket missing.
This was the second time they searched your home since finding your granddaughter?
Yes.
They left a search warrant the first time they searched your home and an inventory sheet?
No they did not.
So you have no idea what they were looking for?
No.
Do you know what was confiscated on the 11th. Were they looking for a Winnie the Pooh blanket.
They were looking for a sticker.

Did you tell LA you sent JH and DC to Suburban Drive with a video camera?
No I never told anybody that. I never sent anyone there.
What about when you had an argument with Lee and said you sent DC there?
My first knowledge of that site was after Caylee's remains were found.
You never had an argument about "Why are you looking for a dead Caylee?"
No

6/29/11

9:02

Jury coming in (9:03)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CINDY ANTHONY BY JB

Do you remember an issue several years back involving an incident of LA going into ICA's room at night?

OBJECTION BY LDB - relevance - OVERRULED

No.

Were you every aware of such an issue?

OBJECTION BY LDB - hearsay - SUSTAINED

DId you ever have to deal with such an issue?

OBJECTION BY LDB- may we approach?

SiIDEBAR # 1 (9:04-9:09)

OBJECTION SUSTAINED

Do you recall testifying 6 months ago that you believed Caylee was still alive?

Yes.

Were you testifying truthfully? Yes, there was still a part of me that still believed she was alive.

The Memorial service was in February of 2009 and she requested Caylee's remains be cremated.

And 2 years later you still held the belief that Caylee was still alive even after that?

OBJECTION - relevance -- SUSTAINED

Was your ability to block that out faith?

OBJECTION -relevance - SUSTAINED

Compartmentalize?

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

On 8/14/08 you visited ICA in jail? Possibly.

You reviewed a video tape in which she told her that GA blew up at the media?

Yes. She told her daughter that.

This was in response to a question that the media had asked his opinion that Caylee had died by an accident?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Related to an accident?

OBJECTION - relevancy - SUSTAINED

Why did you tell your daughter about your husband blowing up?

OBJECTION - relevancy - SUSTAINED

You expressed that this was a new theory? Yes.

You said the new theory is that Caylee drowned inthe pool?

It wasn't a new theory, it was the media's statement.

A month early on July 16 you had told YM about that? On July 16 she told him the pool ladder was attached to the pool.

OBJECTION - leading and relevance - SUSTAINED as to leading

Did you tell the police numerous times about your theory?

OBJECTION - releance - SUSTAINED

I said it wsa the latest story from the media. It wasn't the first time we had discussed it to LE.

ICA even said that, after you had mentioned GA had just blown up at the media - that she had heard? She said she was aware - that she had heard her father had just blown up at the media. She did not know if that was true or not. She could have heard that from someone in the jail. She is aware there are no TV's in the jail.

There were numerous occasions you had made LE aware of the ladder? Yes.

You were aware that the info was being released to the media?

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

CROSS EXAM BY LDB:

You recalled her daughter's response was "surprise, surprise"? That was related to the media's theory?

OBJECTION - strike last question - OVERRULED

When you went into the jail that day, you were upset as well, because the media was suggesting that Caylee was deceased? Yes, they were asking how they felt about Caylee drowning in their pool because at that time she believed she was alive.

No further questions.

Witness excused at 9:19

11:!8

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CA BY JB

Had a dog named Mandy. She took the dog to the vet. They knew she was going to be put down. She took a blanket to the vet (This was her first pet/baby before she had children). They wrapped the dog in the blanket and she was then wrapped in black plastic with packing tape over it. It was not duct tape.

They had a dog named Beau - he died in the summer of 1990. they buried him in the backyard - GA and ICA took the dog to the vet and he died on the table. The vet secured him and he was ready to be buried when she got home. ICA was 4 and LA was in first grade. She believes the dog was buried in black plastic and tape.

There were no other pets the vet had secured for them. They did the others on their own. They would wrap them in a special towel - Ginger and Cinnamon were buried with a towel. She thinks they may have put a favorite toy in. They then put a couple of layers of garbage bags and clear packing tape.

Did you ever tell me they were wrapped in duct tape?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED - I'll withdraw the question

Penny the cat passed in 2009 and she was put in one of Caylee's hooded bath towels and then put him in the plastic bags and wrapped him with plastic tape.

CROSS EXAM BY LDB

They did not euthanize their own pets with chloroform?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Did you put duct tape on any of the animals faces? No

Cinnamon and Ginger were mom and baby cockers? Yes. They passed within 6 months of each other. The first in the fall of 2003 and then the winter of 2004. ICA was a senior in high school. ICA assisted in wrapping them? She believes ICA was present. The reason for putting the tape was so that the bag would be compact for burial. This was a family tradition.

They had a designated spot in their backyard. This was something the family did for a number of years that the children were aware of. They even had a dog made of stone that they used to mark the spots. ICA was present for one of the cocker's burial, maybe both. She was present when Beau was buried.

REDIRECT EXAM BY JB

The tape was placed at the top and the bottom of the bag so that when they rolled it the air would come out and to try to keep things from getting into the bag.

Witness excused at 11:27

CA up again. She's smiling.

JB: Did you have a dog named Mandy in Ohio.
Yes I did.
20+ years ago.
I got her in 1981.
And did there come a time when you took Mandy to the vets to have her put down?
Yes.
How was she buried?
Yes, they told me to bring something to put her with. Like a stuffed animal, or a blanket. She was my first baby before I had the kids. I was holding Mandy when they gave her the injection. They wrapped her in the blanket and black plastic. with tape.
It wasn't duct tape?
No.
When did Beau pass away?
Summer 1990.
How was Beau buried? With black plastic bag and duct tape?
He went to the vets. The vet secured him and I picked him up to be buried.
How old were the kids?
Lee in 1st grade, ICA had just had 4th b-day.
He was buried in a bag with duct tape?
I believe so.
And your other pets?
We buried them on their own. If we didn't have a blanket we'd use a towel. We put one of the toys with one of the cocker spaniels, and then put them in plastic bags and wrap them with packing tape.
Did you ever tell ME you wrapped them with duct tape?
Objection.
JB: I'll withdraw the question.

Another pet was in Casey's bath towel. Then wrapped with packing tape.

You did not euthanize your own pets with chloroform?
No I did not.

Objection,.
Sustained.

Did you put duct tape on the animals faces prior to burial?

Two dogs passed away within six months of each other?
Yes
Casey would have been a senior in HS then?
yes.
And ICA helped you wrap the dogs?
---

The reason for putting the tape around the bag was to make the bag compact for burial?
Yes.
This was a family tradition?
I started this in Ohio, when we moved to FL we designated a spot at our home if any animals died we would put them there.

And was ICA present when the dogs were buried?
I'm not sure. I know she was present for Beau, not Mandy.
That was the late 80s?
Yes. I buried the dogs by myself.
When she was a senior in HS she was aware of the method of burial in the yard.

Re-direct.

Did you secure the top of the bag so it wouldn't open?
The top AND the bottom.

No further questions both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members