Cindy Implicated in Mail Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned earlier, it would be a 3rd-degree felony in Florida to sneak in regular mail disguised as legal mail (or for a lawyer to pass regular mail to an inmate during a legal visit). It sounds like it was JB and/or his staff who disguised the card as legal mail, but Cindy may have conspired to have them sneak the card in. I don't get it though--why not just send it as regular mail?? :waitasec:

AZ - How soon do you think HHJP will handle this? Is it something that he would be bothered with or would that have to come from OCSO/Lawyers?

HHJP has nothing to do with this. The Florida Bar and/or LE could pursue it. But the Bar and LE already knew this was going on and apparently don't care. And RHornsby opined some time ago that there was nothing wrong with it, so I would say that the legal community there does not take this rule too seriously.

I find it odd that they are so cavalier about this smuggling that goes on by Attorneys. The OCSO should either make them observe their regulations or change the rules. Not bothering to investigate or prosecute sends a very mixed message to criminals who might like to do the same thing.
Any member of the public who feels this is a serious oversight on their part can always contact the OCSO Sheriff Demmings. They have a website with a 'contact us' link..

As I mentioned earlier, it would be a 3rd-degree felony in Florida to sneak in regular mail disguised as legal mail (or for a lawyer to pass regular mail to an inmate during a legal visit). It sounds like it was JB and/or his staff who disguised the card as legal mail, but Cindy may have conspired to have them sneak the card in. I don't get it though--why not just send it as regular mail?? :waitasec:

HHJP has nothing to do with this. The Florida Bar and/or LE could pursue it. But the Bar and LE already knew this was going on and apparently don't care. And RHornsby opined some time ago that there was nothing wrong with it, so I would say that the legal community there does not take this rule too seriously.

Thanks AZ....I understand now. :blushing:

I'm sure this is a dumb question, especially considering I haven't read the entire thread just yet, only the first few pages, but... is there any way that Cindy may have done this on her on using the harmless little love card as a test... to see if it worked and it got through, and Casey told Jose that it got through without being opened first, so that she could do it a second time with more relevant letters? I mean, she IS that stupid.. isn't she?

The envelope had a meter stamp on it. LE knows who the stamp belongs to unless it is a bogus stamp. So that would be a big problem. If the meter is located in JB's office JB probably got his hands slapped. If not I could see LE going to BC and issuing a warning to be passed onto his client that if it happens again CA will be charged. But since CA mentioned LE stating "mail fraud" I would think that message was delivered to BC. Love to know who the stamp meter belongs to......?????....... jmo

The fact that she's not doing her daughter's case in the court of public opinion aside, I'm sure LE is thrilled with the case she is single-handedly building against herself as an non-credible witness.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, especially considering I haven't read the entire thread just yet, only the first few pages, but... is there any way that Cindy may have done this on her on using the harmless little love card as a test... to see if it worked and it got through, and Casey told Jose that it got through without being opened first, so that she could do it a second time with more relevant letters? I mean, she IS that stupid.. isn't she?

Agree!! And god knows what else to follow right....I can see Cindy spending the rest of her life cooking up different methods to have access to Casey outside of the rules of the prison. I swear Casey is in the only place on earth that she could get away from Cindy, but Cindy isn't about to let that happen.

Maybe time for the legal community to recalibrate what they take seriously imo. Baez seems to have a pattern of misconduct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther