Civil Case Witness List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...Are Depositions held in Civil Cases?
I wonder if her Civil Defense Attorney is getting paid.

Absolutely.

Thanks JBean
Does this mean KC has to pay for the Depos?
Her Criminal Defense Team has not Deposed witnesses for the Criminal Trial...:waitasec:What are the chances the witnesses in the Civil Trial will get Deposed.

After reading on this, I started to wonder the same thing. Remember how JM got CA to admit in her depo that it had been her (Cindy) that had continued in the media with the ZFG and refusing to clear his client? It seemed as though he may have been planning on going after her at that point. Maybe she did decide to let everything go so that they couldn't get it from her. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. :snooty:

I thought the exact same thing...he's going after Cindy when he finishes with Casey. I seem to recall he prefaced the question with...and you're going to thank me later for this question. Then he went on to ask Cindy if she continued slandering his client to the media after the detectives told her Casey couldn't pick ZG out of a line up.

I'm sure Cindy will instruct everyone on which witnesses are relevant.

That is tooo funny. That is going to make me laugh all day!!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRO6V0-BvFg[/ame]

Cindy: "It is not relevant to this case.
It is not relevant to this.
IT IS NOT RELEVANT TO THIS
IT IS NOT VALID TO THIS YOUNG LADY WHO IS SITTING HERE.
Let's move on.
I am not answering it!"

Mr. Dill : "You understand the rules Brad. You are an experienced attorney. She may not want to answer the question right now. What I want to know from a legal standpoint is what basis, legally, are you asserting for her not to answer the question?

Mr. Dill: "For your edification: The relevancy is if there was a financial issue concerning her daughter, that tends to prove that her daughter was not hiring a babysitte, or in fact, a nanny. and also if her daughter was not working and having to steal money from family members or Amy Huzinga and the other people she has stolen from, that tends to prove she was not hiring any Zanny the Nanny person. That is the relevancy of my question."

"Before we go back in front of Judge Rodriguez...the reason you are asserting she will not answer is ...she just doesn't want to?"

Brad: The question is irrelevant. Yes. it affects her daughter's right to a fair trial.

Mr. Dill "Just so I am clear m' am, regarding this question of your daughter stealing money from you, using your credit cards, you are refusing to answer?
Cindy: "It is not relevant."

The hubris and smirk will be subdued when she sees this witness list. If Cindy doesn't think she is next, she is silly.

This civil trial brings up some questions for me. Are the A's setting themselves up for a future audit? They can't say they don't have money, right? Wouldn't that have to be proven? Or could the plaintiff get an order from the court for the Anthony's to be audited so as to get whatever they are owed if a settlement occurs against them? And could the plaintiff also specify payment from future movie and book deals? I don't think it's very wise for the Anthony's to start pulling the "we have no money" card. Couldn't they also go after Cindy's disability to get payment? I wonder if the A's understand that they can claim they're poor all they want, but that won't matter come time to pay a settlement for a civil case, if one were brought against them. And one more question, if they were claiming Casey as a dependant on their taxes (I know my parents did until I was 25), wouldn't that make them liable for payment in the civil case against Casey?

And wow, that is a long list. I've often wondered if this is not a ploy to overwhelm the defense into just settling as opposed to having to depose so many people. I wonder if this might happen in the murder case too. So what if Baez finds 3 searchers to say one thing when the state could potentially supoena the other 3,997 to say otherwise? (I am not saying they would, just that it makes the defense look foolish when the other side has (like in the civil case) or could have (possibly in the murder case) a list a mile long of experts and witnesses that far outweighs what the defense has to offer. I know if I was Casey's lawyer, I'd take one look at that witness list for the civil case and then immediately settle. It's like the plaintiff is saying, "You really want to do this? Then let's do this!")

Oh, and I'm sure Cindy will eventually say that since none of the witnesses are 10's, they aren't credible, lol.

George & Cindy are witnesses, not defendants in the civil suit. KC is the defendant. G & C's finances won't come into play in the case.

Could the long witness list be everyone who had some part in the investigation of ZG after KC made her claim? There are a lot of LE on the list.

Plus KC was living in the household so I believe they may be able to claim damages through the homeowner's policy. JMO

Plus KC was living in the household so I believe they may be able to claim damages through the homeowner's policy. JMO

Only if she's a minor child.

Attitude and behavior don't make her a minor, just immature ;)

Could the long witness list be everyone who had some part in the investigation of ZG after KC made her claim? There are a lot of LE on the list.

I think the reason for all of the law enforcement is because JM wants to have nearly the same trial as the state is going to have, but for different purposes-In other words, he wants the experts to lay out how KC killed Caylee and how she lied, that way it completely eliminates Zenaida, proving beyond the preponderance of the evidence, that Casey 1000% made up the Zenaida story...thus defaming his client.

ETA-So the witnesses and/or experts could have been around before or after the Zenaida story, doesn't matter as long as they know something that may paint KC as the killer.

I think you're right. Generally*, liability coverage extends to adult residents of the home (including relatives), assuming there is not an established renter/landlord relationship.

*MMV based on insurance provider and state of residence

I think you're right. Generally*, liability coverage extends to adult residents of the home (including relatives), assuming there is not an established renter/landlord relationship.

*MMV based on insurance provider and state of residence

I have never sold insurance in FL, and the insurance laws in each state are different....as well as each individual policy, policy form etc.... BUT, there is a good chance if the policy language and the laws in FL are pretty standard, that they may want to go after the ho policy.

Usually though, the lawsuit papers are submitted to the Ins company when the suit is first filed, that gives the company the option to handle the case with in house atty's.

What I am not sure of, is if JB and crew handle the defense on this, and ZG does indeed walk away with a monetary judgement, to what extent would the HO carrier have to respond? I would love to get my hands on a copy of the policy that carries the insurance on the A's home....then I would know without question.

Now, if the policy will respond (pay) as long as there was coverage in force the day that ZG was questioned by police, and her reputation was damaged etc.....then it does not matter if the ownership of the house is the A's or the bank... if it was in force then, they will have to respond. UNLESS....they can back out with the reporting period....if this loss was not reported once they were made aware of the suit...then the insurance company may have an out.

I just learned something new regarding the day that mom, pop and Brad all were subpoenaed to court for the Dominic matter recently. Outside, after the hearing Brad was asked by a CNN reporter are the Anthonys trying to prevent Dominic from testifying and if so why. He answered that among other things they have a concern over his testimony affecting the civil trial, potentially.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLIP OF THIS?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Brad would admit this concern rather than say we have no comment. It seems that they are bracing themselves that ZFG lawyers are going to sue Cindy as well. What do you make of this?

Geez, according to this list, KC is going to be tried for murder twice...In the rankings of cutest wittle teddy bear cheeks I would squeeze and squeeze, I think HHJP might still come second to JohnM. :waitasec: have I mentioned that I heart John Morgan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.