Clerical errors and typos in the Documents and Reports

~my bold~
That scenario seems kinda logical. I'm just wondering why it wasnt mentioned in the narrative or statements.(i was hoping it was, and someone could point me in that direction).
Even if SG employees later changed it, the fact still remains that the original guest card was spelt Gonzale, and it should not have been altered by anyone.
Only the original document should be allowed to be used at trial IMO.
LOl....now I'm ready to move on. :wink:
If Florida has the "best evidence rule" like Cali then they have to use the original if it is available...

That was actually a bit of what lead to this thread in the first place-the philosophy that if LE had gotten so much wrong in the discovery and in their reports then perhaps they had gotten some other more important things wrong as well.

Using that philosophy, I would question the person's definition of "so much." So far, this thread hasn't turned up many errors in the discovery docs. There are thousands of pages of discovery docs already, and we haven't seen them all yet!

MOO, but the number of typos, and clerical errors seems fairly small in comparison to the sheer number of pages of work. If the defense wants to claim "sloppy police work" I'm not buying it.

~my bold~
That scenario seems kinda logical. I'm just wondering why it wasnt mentioned in the narrative or statements.(i was hoping it was, and someone could point me in that direction).
Even if SG employees later changed it, the fact still remains that the original guest card was spelt Gonzale, and it should not have been altered by anyone.
Only the original document should be allowed to be used at trial IMO.
LOl....now I'm ready to move on. :wink:

It would be a simple matter of having the clerk who filled out the card take the stand and explain what she did.
The bottom line is,it WAS Zeneida Gonzalez who came to look at the apt,so I don't see the big deal.And as Patty G pointed out,LE had both in the docs,so they were not trying to hide anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back