Clever or Lucky?

Clever or Lucky

• Total voters
Wise maintains to this day that he could think of no worse way to botch a crime scene than allowing the father to find the body. I tend to agree with him. It's unfathomable to me why Ardnt was left their by herself, why the civilians were there, and why she would then suggest they walk around the house, which was not yet designated a crime scene in its entirety (another mistake).

If things had to be removed from the house, the Ramsey's needed to provide LE with a list, and LE needed to find the things. They needed to keep their own detailed list for reference (which they did, to some extent). If Patsy's sister needed to help, she needed to be under LE supervision and only instructing LE what needed to be taken, letting LE do the handling of the the items so it could all be formally logged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No respect at all for Arndt. One person? Big deal. She was inept. She should have been capable of containing that small group of unarmed adults in the study as she had been assigned.

She lost track of JR for 80 minutes and then assumed he had gone offsite to collect the mail after seeing the mail on a table.
Then she sent JR and FW to search the house when she should have told JR to keep his *advertiser censored* in the study.

Moving the body after JR put it down at the top of the stairs, allowing a blanket and sweatshirt to be placed on it, and for PR to lie on top of it - not to mention all of her dubious blunders in the weeks and months following - it's no wonder she wasn't fired instead of just taken off the case.

No respect at all for Arndt. One person? Big deal. She was inept. She should have been capable of containing that small group of unarmed adults in the study as she had been assigned.

She lost track of JR for 80 minutes and then assumed he had gone offsite to collect the mail after seeing the mail on a table.
Then she sent JR and FW to search the house when she should have told JR to keep his *advertiser censored* in the study.

Moving the body after JR put it down at the top of the stairs, allowing a blanket and sweatshirt to be placed on it, and for PR to lie on top of it - not to mention all of her dubious blunders in the weeks and months following - it's no wonder she wasn't fired instead of just taken off the case.

While I agree she was completely inept, one officer should not have been responsible for 9 civilians (Ramsey associates + 2 Victim advocates), especially since all officers had left the scene by 9:45am, which was still inside the window of time for the ransom call to be made. So she was supposed to handle 9 civilians (one who was verging on hysteria and vomiting into a bucket, unable to walk on her own) and help JR with a ransom call? Come on. Did she make mistakes, absolutely, and huge ones, ones that I agree could warrant being fired, but her superiors put her in a situation that could easily get out of control, and they themselves were making huge mistakes (like letting the civilians be at the home in the first place). Just a mess all around, and plenty of blame to be shared, although I'll make no excuses for Ardnt. Moving the body, I can't even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky... that they were rich and white enough to be continually excused and given justifications for their behavior.

Lucky... that they were rich and white enough to be continually excused and given justifications for their behavior.

There is that, but most people don't seem to realize that there's a larger problem at work here. To illustrate, I recently watched the classic film Dirty Harry. And all I can say is that I think Harry and ST had a lot in common, as far as dealing with weaklings in the DA's office. Eventually, both me throw their badges away because they realize the system doesn't work.

The point I'm trying to make is that the people in the DA's office were cut from the same cloth as the bleeding-hearts Harry put up with: politicians only concerned about votes or who think the police are more dangerous than killers. Or, both, as in this case.

POLITICS. That's the word of this case, because politics is what ruined this case. Whether it was Alex Hunter's Sixties-radical beliefs, Mary Lacy's strident feminism or the shady maneuvering engaged in by everyone else, politics is what killed this case.

Alexis de Tocqueville famously said that in a democracy, the citizens get the government they deserve. Boulder deserved the DA's office. JonBenet deserved a LOT better.

It's been on my mind for some time, but MurriFlower motivated me to finally put it up for a vote.

I've heard it said that the Ramseys were extremely clever to successfully fool LE. The counter argument is that LE was not fooled (unless they wanted to be) and the Rs were lucky to have a spineless DA, clumsy cops and money to buy powerful lawyers and heavy-hitter "experts."

Judge for yourselves.

I think at least two people were "lucky". If the shoe fits, you know that saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back