VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops - you're right.
Okay - so McGee starts at 9am - and goes til let's say about 11am - if that. Imes or whomever does rebuttal - and takes just over an hour. So maybe about 12 or 12:30pm jurors go to deliberate while eating their lunch! :)
Jurors can't discuss the case amongst themselves at any time until they reach the jury room. Then a guard is posted outside the door - no one in, no one out, till the end of the day or the jury foreman has a question.

Another thought here, regarding tone/volume. Imes's voice, I think, is very appropriate. He's not shouting, but he's definitely using "fortissimo", which is on point, in that it emphasizes the nature (serious, horrific) of the case. I've heard other prosecutors use it in closing arguments, and I thought to very good effect. In fact, when I was a juror on a murder case, I thought: Finally!

There is something unreal about jury trials for murders, in the serenity, professionalism, civility, etc. of a court room. In endeavoring to be objective, professional, etc., there is a certain disconnect about the crime itself where there is no victim present and he/she is often represented by a photo, if even that is allowed. It's all very sanitary, calm, and procedural. Yet, the horror. The prosecutor, finally, in closing arguments, brings the indignation and horror alive for the jury. It's an appropriate response to murder, in my opinion, and quite appropriate to be displayed at that stage in the trial.

there is definitely something "unreal" about jury trials for murderers; one of those unreal things is that the defense dresses the defendant up in a suit; murderer looks like one of the attorneys at the table. that really bugs me: i understand the why of it but i have always felt the defendant should look like he looked every day. probably hanging out in blue jeans-- scruffy--- i think jurors have a hard time believing this clean-cut defendant could possibly be capable of a horrific murder.

We were on page 6 when I had to sign off yesterday. Sorry but I just can't go back to catch up.

However, I have listened to/I am listening to closing arguments.

Not impressed with the defense. I thought I would be but I'm not.

MOO

Popcorn for the kids while you are making breakfast? Really?

And who says you never paint at night? We painted at night most of the time, after kids went to sleep.

And maybe Chase put the dogs outside.

Well I guess I just don’t like McGee.

Can’t stand him anymore today than yesterday.

Nasty man IMO.

Maybe if jury comes back not guilty McGee can take him home with him.

He is forgetting this trial is about Mom, Dad and 2 little children getting murdered in the most horrific way. Jury wants the truth and him throwing around liar is not going to sit well with a jury IMO. They heard the evidence they know the truth.

Guess I’m just disgusted to think that someone on this jury might believe his BS.

The evidence is there, it was presented. If you think he is not guilty you have to take all the CE evidence of his actions at that time and just throw it away. We now know that DK absolutely did not murder this family. He was in HI. You can twist that anyway you want but it’s a fact. JM family- mother, brother, father didn’t murder them. Good Lord common sense tells me that. On and on.

Chase Merritt committed this crime. He needs to be found guilty. It’s over.

3 people were not needed to murder this family.

JM in his office. SM and boys upstairs in bathroom. He kills JM in his office. Goes upstairs and kills SM then the boys. Boys in tub. Done.

The lady Prosecutor looks like she’s ready. I hope she does the rebuttal.

All this IMO, JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members