CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense-Everyone is dying for Drew to lose this case. Oh and they did clarify the steak and cigar. At Ruby's :what: Per IS

Well, that's a rare truthful statement.There's a reason everyone is dying for Drew to lose.

There's also a reason the DT made this statement .They are preparing for a loss and "everybody hates Drew" is their excuse .

This defense team is just sickening!!!...They never miss a chance to get in front of the cameras....what is up with that? Hoping the jury can see thru their baloney....

They can't get enough of themselves, more so than they're doing anything for their client.

I wouldn't hire Brodsky or Lopez for anything. Not a single thing. I think Brodsky and Lopez may be forced into early retirement or new careers after this one.

Greenberg maybe, if he could refrain from whinning. I'd have to fire him too quickly with the amount of whinning he does.

Omg some atty needs to take his fee n put it toward a set of veneers. I can help u out dude

All are welcome, I'm sure!! But I got the name of the place wrong -- it's The Far Out Inn.

They have two big party rooms -- one named They Got It Right, serving champagne, Macallan single malt, fountain Pepsi over crushed ice (just for moi), a massage room, soft sofas, hors d'oeuvres of every kind, and so much more.

The other is Where is Justice, and they have brick walls with sledge hammers, dart boards with DP's picture on it, a screaming corner, rocks to throw, Pin the Tail on the Azz with judges' pics, Whack-a-Defense Attorney, a stomp pit, etc, etc. Very therapeutic, this room.

thank you, I needed that this morning!

:goodpost: Well done, Borndem! Are the reservations in place??

I promised myself I wouldn't get that sick, nauseous feeling. No good. I've already had to take one :chillpill: (for real). Unfortunately, anxiety is my constant companion.

I'm just working hard to be ready to accept a NG verdict. The big trouble is, I truly believe Drew is guilty.

This case has been a true :rollercoaster: and has left us all :banghead::banghead:.

I predict the jury will take its time and work through all the issues. I don't expect a verdict until tomorrow at the earliest.

In the meantime, I'm busy :chillout: and listening to InSession.

Here's hoping Drew ends up spending the next 60 years :jail:.

Good Morning everyone! :wave: :coffee:

FWIW, I can't make this an accident any way I look at it with the evidence presented. Not with the position of the body, not with the bruising pattern.

What I find myself wondering is how will and can the jury get passed accepting the first team of investigators failed miserably. IOW, there was no investigation the first time. Can they get past that?

They failed miserably because DP was probably the only one with experience on the scene and they just accepted what he was telling them. He was pushing she had a drug/alcohol problem and many of the investigators were inexperienced in this type of an investigation. Plus I believe Sud was a business partner of his so there you go. Epic fail. Since the ME was not on the scene I believe he relied on what was being reported by the investigators and instead of saying this was a possible homocide he was trying to fit an accidential drowning to fit in with her injuries. There is a world of difference in how you handle a case when your views are already slanted in one direction. jmo

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense atty Steve Greenberg: "I got the best night's sleep last night I got in weeks". You can analyze that however u want

Whatever.

Good question. Frankly - and I know this will be an unpopular opinion - if they acquitted on the grounds that the original investigation was too badly handled to know what happened or who done it, I wouldn't blame them.

OTOH, they might see DP my way - an arrogant cop who thought he could count on his colleagues to allow him to get away with anything, even murder.

BBM. Good point. I haven't had enough coffee yet, lol. (and I am tired enough for a nap, need more caffiene!).

When I posted, I wasn't even thinking along the lines of what you posted, Cappuccino. I was thinking they might not accept a second investigation was necessary. What if they can not buy the reason for a second investigation and decide the 1st was sufficient and accurate?

They failed miserably because DP was probably the only one with experience on the scene and they just accepted what he was telling them. He was pushing she had a drug/alcohol problem and many of the investigators were inexperienced in this type of an investigation. Plus I believe Sud was a business partner of his so there you go. Epic fail. Since the ME was not on the scene I believe he relied on what was being reported by the investigators and instead of saying this was a possible homocide he was trying to fit an accidential drowning to fit in with her injuries. There is a world of difference in how you handle a case when your views are already slanted in one direction. jmo

BBM. I agree. Let's hope the jury can see this too.

Looks like the shark should've gotten some advice from Judge White. Would've given him a bit more bite. Judge White just said he was surprised he didn't hear something like 'If Kathleen had a car accident and died, DP would be accused of her murder. If Kathleen had fallen down the stairs and died, DP would be accused of her murder. If she had died in any way that looked like an accident, DP would be accused of her murder.'

I get what he's saying, but that's because of DP's own words.

BUT......there would have to be some evidence (Schori, Smith, etc) to support that he killed her/caused the accident for him to be charged.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense atty Steve Greenberg: "I got the best night's sleep last night I got in weeks". You can analyze that however u want

Whatever.

Lovely, then the overnight storms didn't wake him.
He's a fool if he follows and hangs on the coat tail of Brodsky and Lopez, because their finished, better stated in the sunset of their careers. Kind of like a pitcher approaching 40. Just about done, if not done.

The DT is too assured DP will be found innocent that alone bother's me. I suppose it is because I have lost my faith in the justice system after CA. I know it happens but not ever proven that juror's are somehow got to. I just don't feel good about this and I hope I'm so freaking wrong!

Hi all!

I've found my way to sit in with you all today. I remember first finding out about this crime. I remember being so incredibly horrified and how he got away with things.

I've since moved from California to the green hills of England. Can anyone direct me to where I could best listen to updates online? I have seen some of you referencing "In Session"-but not sure if I can get that online.

Many thanks and here's to justice.

:seeya:

BBM. Good point. I haven't had enough coffee yet, lol. (and I am tired enough for a nap, need more caffiene!).

When I posted, I wasn't even thinking along the lines of what you posted, Cappuccino. I was thinking they might not accept a second investigation was necessary. What if they can not buy the reason for a second investigation and decide the 1st was sufficient and accurate?

If they accept that, they will acquit. If they acquit on those grounds I definitely would blame them, because that would mean they had ignored most of the evidence presented. Its one thing for a jury to deliberate on all the evidence and come to a decision I disagree with, but its a whole other thing for them to just ignore it and gullibly assume the police got everything right the first time.

Hi all!

I've found my way to sit in with you all today. I remember first finding out about this crime. I remember being so incredibly horrified and how he got away with things.

I've since moved from California to the green hills of England. Can anyone direct me to where I could best listen to updates online? I have seen some of you referencing "In Session"-but not sure if I can get that online.

Many thanks and here's to justice.

:seeya:

Hi Lacyanna - nothing to listen to on this one. No camera's allowed in court. We're relying on tweets to follow along. (I don't have the link, sorry. I'm sure someone else will add it.)

hth

All are welcome, I'm sure!! But I got the name of the place wrong -- it's The Far Out Inn.

They have two big party rooms -- one named They Got It Right, serving champagne, Macallan single malt, fountain Pepsi over crushed ice (just for moi), a massage room, soft sofas, hors d'oeuvres of every kind, and so much more.

The other is Where is Justice, and they have brick walls with sledge hammers, dart boards with DP's picture on it, a screaming corner, rocks to throw, Pin the Tail on the Azz with judges' pics, Whack-a-Defense Attorney, a stomp pit, etc, etc. Very therapeutic, this room.

LMAO my bags are packed:woohoo:

Here we go! Jury is in and judge is reading instructions. Should last about 20 mins and then deliberations begin. Per IS.

They'll be kicked out just like OJ was if they try and walk into any one of Ruby's restaurants. Besides Ruby doesn't own any restaurants in the Chicagoland area.

Yes. Cant wait to see Ruby's next sign :woohoo: That comment was so typical of them. Cept they dont see that we dont see them as funny. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500