CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm.......breaking news:

None of the jurors are dressed alike today.

:eek::eek: Wow ... Surprise Surprise ...

:waitasec::waitasec: I wonder IF they finally realized that this is a very serious matter and NOT a "joke" -- as the DT thinks and acts like this is a "joke" ? :banghead:

:moo::moo:

In Session Prosecutor Koch moves to the testimony of defense expert Dr. Vincent DiMaio. "Where in that tub would you get three separate points of contact?" "You can't do it . . . when he got down to it, he said, 'I don't know, maybe she was stunned . . . it was one of those things.' His methodology, his scientific theory on these injuries fails. I ask you not to give any credibility to Dr. DiMaio's testimony."

Hmmmmm.......breaking news:

None of the jurors are dressed alike today.

IMO, this says a lot for the jury -- their little game is over -- now it's time to show that they are truly serious with one thing only on their minds. For me, it says that all the dressing, etc., was trivial and just a way for them to remind folks, as they pop-tarted in/out of the courtroom, that, "Hey, remember us, principals, we're over here doing the best we can..." or something like that...

:eek::eek: Wow ... Surprise Surprise ...

:waitasec::waitasec: I wonder IF they finally realized that this is a very serious matter and NOT a "joke" -- as the DT thinks and acts like this is a "joke" ? :banghead:

:moo::moo:

Yes, I think the jury is very serious today. Maybe they really were just passing the time dressing alike the other days. I still don't like it, though, that they did it to begin with.

MOO

In Session ‏@InSession
Koch: "With the State's experts, we've shown you that she died at the hands of another person. And that person is the defendant."

In Session ‎"Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen . . . the testimony from Dr. Blum about the size of the tub, Dr. Jentzen says you slip up and you go airborne. In his theory, she's up in the air, twisting, to get to this position to strike this pelvic bone. At the same time, he said the skin was folding over and protecting itself. So I guess in midair the skin decides to fold over, and she then hits the back of her head. His theory fails . . . how are you going to get airborne in a tub that's only 40 inches? But that gives her the velocity that he says she has to have. DiMaio says sliding into position; Jentzen says bouncing. Use your common sense, ladies and gentlemen . . . if you use common sense and your every day experiences, their theories are just not sound. There were 14 different injuries on that body."

So far, this has been a very strong close for the state. IMO, they are connecting the dots very well.

"You could get that laceration from someone striking your head w/long thin object... striking the head"-Koch quotes doctor
"DiMaio's theory fails. Don't give it any credibility."

Defense tries to object to Prosecutor comments but judge overrules, says jury will decide

defense has twice objected, saying Koch mistated expert testimony. Judge overrules, says jury will recall evidence on its own.

Koch: "There were 14 different injuries on that body." Again, he says, use your common sense.

No matter what testimony u heard, your common sense tells you..." you can't get all those bruises "in a single fall"

In Session ‎"How can you get all of those [injuries] in a single fall? You cannot. You cannot."

prosecutor Koch now explaining to jury why state thinks its circumstantial evidence is reliable.

Koch now reviewing testimony from Savio neighbors, friends.

Defense has objected 3 times during Koch's testimony - each time overruled, Judge says jury has heard all testimony, evidence. :denied: :denied: :denied:

Sounds like the state came out swinging for the fences. So far they are knocking it out! Keep it up, woot, woot!

prosecutor Koch now explaining to jury why state thinks its circumstantial evidence is reliable.

Koch now reviewing testimony from Savio neighbors, friends.

Defense has objected 3 times during Koch's testimony - each time overruled, Judge says jury has heard all testimony, evidence. :denied:

To quote the movie Liar Liar "Your honor we object! This is devastating to our client!" The DT goon squad is SKEERED!

I'll bet DP is sitting at the defense table literally seething that the prosecutor is saying all of these things and he cannot say one single word! Wonder just how cute he thinks he is now?

MOO

In Session Prosecutor Koch now moves to the subject of circumstantial evidence. "You take this evidence as a whole . . . but look at all the separate pieces of evidence. If you start to put it all together, you can see that we've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this man killed Kathleen Savio. Steve Maniaci . . . you heard from him . . . they had sexual intercourse, no abrasions, no bruising . . . they had sex and went to bed . . . and the Pontarellis saw her on Saturday; she was going to stay home and study. On Sunday, they try to reach her; they're unsuccessful . . . it's not until Monday night that the defendant goes to Mary Pontarelli and that decision is made to go into the house . . . if it was a holiday weekend and you were supposed to have the kids, why try to take them back on Sunday? And he doesn't call anyone . . . he doesn't try to call Steve Maniaci, he doesn't go speak to Mary Pontarelli. He does nothing . . . he says he drives by a couple of times that night and that was the end of it."

In Session ‎"He's the watch commander, the one on duty . . . [but] he doesn't call a single officer to come over there to assist with this wellness check . . . the only one there is the defendant. [Locksmith] Bob Akin talked about the fact that only the front door was locked . . . you know Kathy always liked to keep her doors locked. And when the door is unlocked, the defendant lets [others] go into the house, not knowing what they're going to find. But he knows, Drew knows . . . they flip the light on, and they see her dead. And Mary screams. The defendant goes upstairs, and when he gets upstairs he doesn't have his gun drawn, isn't on his radio, doesn't have his flashlight on. If this is a scream, why doesn't he have his gun out? You know why? Because he killed her; he knows what they're going to find up there in that tub."

prosecutor Koch says DP acted strange that weekend, returning kids Sunday, not trying to reach anyone when Savio wasn' t home.

Koch on discovery at Savio house: "Drew knows. The defendant knows what they're going to find."

"No other police officers there (at Savio's home on the day of her death). It was only the defendant" Koch says

prosecutor Koch recalling how DP stayed on porch while neighbors, friends go into house to look for Savio.

didn't call cops to help with Savio wellness check. And if their relationship had improved, why d .

as a cop responding to the scream: "He doesn't have his gun drawn. He's not on his radio."

"Why doesn't he have his gun out? Because he knows. He killed her"

Koch says DP didn't act like a cop on night Savio was found: no backup on wellness check, didn't go in house w/ gun drawn when body found

In Session ‎"He's the watch commander, the one on duty . . . [but] he doesn't call a single officer to come over there to assist with this wellness check . . . the only one there is the defendant. [Locksmith] Bob Akin talked about the fact that only the front door was locked . . . you know Kathy always liked to keep her doors locked. And when the door is unlocked, the defendant lets [others] go into the house, not knowing what they're going to find. But he knows, Drew knows . . . they flip the light on, and they see her dead. And Mary screams. The defendant goes upstairs, and when he gets upstairs he doesn't have his gun drawn, isn't on his radio, doesn't have his flashlight on. If this is a scream, why doesn't he have his gun out? You know why? Because he killed her; he knows what they're going to find up there in that tub."
BINGO, I bet this hit home to some juror's if they were sitting on the fence.

In Session ‎"Tom Pontarelli heard the defendant say, 'I just found my ex-wife dead in the bathtub. And they're going to think I did it' . . . what do they think he did? When the paramedics arrived, the defendant said, 'I'd like a little professional courtesy . . . the same thing he said when they came to talk to Stacy Peterson . . . ladies and gentlemen, he's trying to control the scene, just like he controlled that interview with Stacy Peterson. And the next day, when the Domans are over at the house, 'Let me in! Let me in!' He's all over that house . . . and my God, what is he doing? He's cleaning the bathtub! He's cleaning the bathtub on the same day that Kathleen Savio is taken out of that house! Are you kidding me? . . . you know, murderers sometimes go back to the scene, to make sure they got it right."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv