CM:We don't have any obligation to put on a defense -JP:"Y'all lied to me

IMO, when the Judge informed the jury that they could be deliberating by June 25 or 27, I was very surprised.

I thought is he saying that the defense does not have much of a defense. Because not only does the defense have the right to put on witnesses but the State has their rebuttal. They both have their closing arguments. The Judge just told the jury right now they can expect to be deliberating in 8 to 9 days. Sure he said it is not written in stone.

However, these are sequestered jurors. You know those jurors are now dreaming about being home by 4th of July. The Judge has no idea what "case" the defense is going to be putting on. Yet he informed the jury that the defense should be wrapped up next week.

IMO, if the case is not wrapped up by next week, the jury is not going to be happy with the defense.

that's what i've always thought, that she'll get an appeal b/c her attorneys suck.

Her attorneys don't suck. There is too much evidence against her. Imagine trying to defend KC knowing what we know that there was no nanny, that she is a liar, that she did nothing different during those 31 days except allude capture and keep her secret.

They came up with the drowning theory and it was the best they could sum up. In my opinion another lawyer unless they could convince her to plead guilty can't do much more.

How can you explain a LIVE child in the care of her mother one minute then gone from sight the next with the body ending up in the woods in garbage bags?

Had KC said on June 16th that Caylee was kidnapped by a stranger and then found in the woods months later - she may have had a shot.

Not now and not ever - she is guilty and will be found so no matter what lawyer is defending her.

MO

Haven't finished reading this thread but......Dang, guess this means that they won't be putting Casey up!!! Is this why she is so happy?

I have always voted that she shouldn't be put up because she will undoubtedly impeach herself. Although, I would find it VERY entertaining to hear what comes out of her mouth if she ever takes the oath and steps into that box!!!

I would guess that there isnt a single WS'er who has been following this case that WOULDNT LOVE to see her up there for all she is worth! She would just be the cherry on top! I would call in sick in a heart beat, just to stay hom eand yell at my tv. I would set up my lap top next to my desk top all rigged into the HD 55 inch tv just so I could watch 8 or more live feeds at once. It would be better than the damn superbowl I tell you what!

JP using the phrase "fall on my sword" tells me that he is a reader of Shakespeare, especially the play Julius Caesar.

Alittle O/T, but I have a question... if Casey is found guilty, does she go into GP, or will she stay in isolation until after all the appeals?

Since this was an affirmative defense, doesn't the DT HAVE to put on a CIC, for they didn't produce any evidence to support their theory of George molesting Casey during the cross examinations during the states case?

They have to provide evidence whether it is testimonial or physical that it happened. Is that not correct?

That was my understanding of affirmative defense after some light research. Wouldn't the DT be in some hot water with the Bar Assoc. if they didn't produce some evidence of that scenario once it was mentioned in OS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back