CO CO - Abby Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

It sickens me to think of a child (or anyone, but especially a child) dumped in a landfill like yesterday's fast food wrapper, or an empty milk carton, just unwanted debris.

Abby, you deserved better, and the one who should have protected you the most, did you the most grievous wrong, I believe.

Not forgotten, Abby, we couldn't keep you from harm, but we can keep your memory alive here on earth.

Today would have been Abby's 9th birthday. Happy Birthday sweet angel wherever you are.

Today April 16, 2004 Abby Jo Blagg's father, Michael Francis Blagg was found GUILTY of the 1st degree MURDER of Jennifer Jo Loman Blagg.

There IS justice!!!

Abby, you will never be forgotten! I pray that someday, somehow you will be located wherever you may be.

for abby.

I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive. Abby could very well have been asleep when the murder of her mother occured and the next day, dad could have taken her somewhere - a "friend" he met over the internet maybe??? And told her that the "friend" was her new mommy/daddy??? It is possible. Whenever I think about this little one being dead...i just can't fathom it. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there wasn't any of Abby's blood found in the house?? And i also seem to remember that there were no signs of Abby struggling. Which to me suggests that her dad led her out of the house and away from the area. I do remember a few of the jurors saying that although they convicted him of Jennifer's murder, they weren't sure they would have convicted him of Abby's murder if he had been up for it.
Abby, I pray you are found soon.

phylliyum said:
I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive.
Unfortunately, I read about just that happening every day. Besides, if Abby witnessed her mother's murder, Dad had a motive to do her in too.

Being from Colorado, I followed this story through the searchs and trial. I suggest the following scenerio: The father killed the mother in a fit of rage, but unfortunately little Abby saw the whole thing. Self preservation led him to kill his daughter. The hatred he felt for his wife was evident in dumping her body in a dumpster and having it end up in a landfill. But the sorrow and shame he felt for killing his daughter led him to carefully bury her somewhere he felt was special and safe. I'd bet that if they find her, she will have been carefully buried. Self preservation can be cruel to the ultimate. His is classic in my mind.

Quoting from the article in the link posted above:

"Investigators tracked bank accounts of Blagg and family members for months after Abby's disappearance and saw no indication of any financial support being provided to someone who could be keeping her alive."

Isn't it possible he paid someone to take care of Abby before he killed her mother. Maybe there is a record of a large amount of money being transferred to another account 8, 6, or 2 months before the murder...... Do you think LE looked at that?

Salem

I so wish that Abby is still alive somewhere, but I've never felt she was. I do believe she was killed. Nothing was disturbed in her room. The covers were turned back and she was simply gone.

It's been so long now that there would be little left of her remains wherever he may have put her. I've always hoped against hope that Michael Blagg would grow a conscience and tell someone where she is.

A Grand Junction man sentenced to life in prison for killing his wife says the refusal of a juror to disclose a disability damaged her credibility and prevented him from getting a fair trial.

~snip~

Blagg's lawyers say one of the jurors at his trial was legally blind but failed to tell attorneys, and that she was either unable to see several exhibits admitted into evidence or couldn't see them clearly.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys are due in court May 22.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509602,00.html

Quoting from the article in the link posted above:

"Investigators tracked bank accounts of Blagg and family members for months after Abby's disappearance and saw no indication of any financial support being provided to someone who could be keeping her alive."

Isn't it possible he paid someone to take care of Abby before he killed her mother. Maybe there is a record of a large amount of money being transferred to another account 8, 6, or 2 months before the murder...... Do you think LE looked at that?

Salem

Just watched this case on 48 hours. I wonder if he received any funds into his account, instead of paying someone to look after Abby, I was wondering if he was paid and sold her?

Just watched this case on 48 hours. I wonder if he received any funds into his account, instead of paying someone to look after Abby, I was wondering if he was paid and sold her?

I just saw this last night on a 48 hours repeat and I can't believe they convicted the man. If I had been on the jury I would have had so much reasonable doubt that I couldn't have voted guilty. I just don't see a motive. There was no other woman, no life insurance policies that I heard about, and he didn't act guilty. In one of his first interviews with the police he talked about how much he loves his wife and how happy they are. He didn't use past tense which I would have thought he would have subconsciencely if he had anything to do with their disappearance/death. Also, there was no attempt to clean up the blood, which I would think one would do if they just killed their wife in their home. It seems like the people in the town just assumed he was guilty and he didn't have a chance. Normally, I am the first one to look at the husband in a woman's death but I just do get it in this case.

I just saw this last night on a 48 hours repeat and I can't believe they convicted the man. If I had been on the jury I would have had so much reasonable doubt that I couldn't have voted guilty. I just don't see a motive. There was no other woman, no life insurance policies that I heard about, and he didn't act guilty. In one of his first interviews with the police he talked about how much he loves his wife and how happy they are. He didn't use past tense which I would have thought he would have subconsciencely if he had anything to do with their disappearance/death. Also, there was no attempt to clean up the blood, which I would think one would do if they just killed their wife in their home. It seems like the people in the town just assumed he was guilty and he didn't have a chance. Normally, I am the first one to look at the husband in a woman's death but I just do get it in this case.

The motive they came up with was that she was planning on leaving him. But still, I do see your point of it being mostly circumstantial evidence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did they find any fingerprints on Jennifer?
And still, I really feel that Abby is alive. When I first heard about this, I knew that Jennifer was dead, but still believed Abby was out there somewhere.
Maybe Jennifer feared something was going to happen, and hid Abby with friends and told them to hold onto her until she came for her.
Or Maybe Michael knew what he was planning to do, hid Abby away somewhere, or gave her away. Told her that Mommy and Daddy didn't want her anymore, or something like that.
I really feel like this little girl is alive and that she holds the key to what really happened.

Poor dear Abby...you deserve the dignity of a proper resting spot. Shame on Father for not doing right by you at least now. We all know whatever he has done is such a wicked thing, I hope he gets no peace until he tells the truth and lets you rest with dignity beside your Mummy who would have protected you if she could. I am so sorry sweetie that you had such a evil Daddy. He was a sick man.

I was living in Grand Junction when this case happened. Abby went to the pre-school that my sister-in-law was the director of. I have watched the 48 Hours program twice. There are a lot of things left out of that report. I have no doubt that Michael Blagg is guilty and that Abby is gone, too. My husband is a former investigator (15 years) and when these kind of cases happen we always read between the lines, so to speak.

Jennifer was killed during the night. She was found in her pajama's and still had the retainer in her mouth that she wore at night. She was found in the landfill, surrounded by trash from Michael's place of work. Now what killer would go to the trouble of finding out where the husband worked and put Jennifer's body in the dumpster there? The family van was used to transport her body. It was found back in the garage, keys inside the house. Again, the killer transports the body and then brings the van back to the garage?

A co-worker saw Michael struggling with large boxes being taken to the dumpster and asked if they could help. The answer was a not so nice no. This was earlier in the day before he reported Jennifer and Abby missing.

Nothing was taken/stolen from the house, although Michael did report jewelry stolen. However, it was found hidden several months later in the house.

He stole equipment and furniture from his work place and then gave an interview on camera with those very items front and center. Not to smart, in my opinion.

I know there are more things not mentioned but it is late and I don't want to get it wrong.

I have no doubt that Abby is dead and her father killed her. It is so cruel to not disclose where her body is for the sake of closure. Sick. The whole case is heartbreaking.

I was living in Grand Junction when this case happened. Abby went to the pre-school that my sister-in-law was the director of. I have watched the 48 Hours program twice. There are a lot of things left out of that report. I have no doubt that Michael Blagg is guilty and that Abby is gone, too. My husband is a former investigator (15 years) and when these kind of cases happen we always read between the lines, so to speak.

Jennifer was killed during the night. She was found in her pajama's and still had the retainer in her mouth that she wore at night. She was found in the landfill, surrounded by trash from Michael's place of work. Now what killer would go to the trouble of finding out where the husband worked and put Jennifer's body in the dumpster there? The family van was used to transport her body. It was found back in the garage, keys inside the house. Again, the killer transports the body and then brings the van back to the garage?

A co-worker saw Michael struggling with large boxes being taken to the dumpster and asked if they could help. The answer was a not so nice no. This was earlier in the day before he reported Jennifer and Abby missing.

Nothing was taken/stolen from the house, although Michael did report jewelry stolen. However, it was found hidden several months later in the house.

He stole equipment and furniture from his work place and then gave an interview on camera with those very items front and center. Not to smart, in my opinion.

I know there are more things not mentioned but it is late and I don't want to get it wrong.

Daisy, I didn't know about the garbage from his office. What do you think he did with Abby?

Just saw this case on 48 Hours. So sad. Daisy, thanks for the additional info.

Where is Abby?? Is it possible she is in the landfill and they just didn't find her? I hate even writing that:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back