CO - Adre ‘Psycho’ Baroz, 26, Wanted After Remains Of 3 Victims Found, Conejos Co, Nov 2020 *Arrest*

Do you know if Francisco Ramirez already started doing time in Florence?

Before he entered a plea deal for his federal charges in May 2022, he was constantly being moved to different County Jails around the state but I've not been able to find him in any jail awaiting sentencing in Alamosa scheduled for 5/3/24.

I did find somebody fitting his particulars in FCI but Ramirez doesn't identify with a middle name, and BOP does not report any inmate birth dates, just their age. (I have confirmed his DOB as 5/20/1982).

Do you know if Francisco Ramirez already started doing time in Florence?

Before he entered a plea deal for his federal charges in May 2022, he was constantly being moved to different County Jails around the state but I've not been able to find him in any jail awaiting sentencing in Alamosa scheduled for 5/3/24.

I did find somebody fitting his particulars in FCI but Ramirez doesn't identify with a middle name, and BOP does not report any inmate birth dates, just their age. (I have confirmed his DOB as 5/20/1982).

I have that info you gave earlier on his movements. And the DOB you have is correct! So - did he finally get sentenced? I noticed the last article said not yet. TIA !

5/3/24

CONEJOS COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - A man who goes by ‘Psycho’ will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Adre Baroz was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to first-degree murder charges. He was charged in connection with the investigation involving human remains located in the San Luis Valley area and missing persons cases in late 2020.

Baroz was charged in the murder of several people and was arrested and charged for the murder of 31-year-old Korina Arroyo of Monte Vista, as well as the murders of Myron Martinez, Shayla Hammel, Selena Esquibel, and Xavier Zeven Garcia, the grisly details of which gained nationwide attention as a manhunt began.

Conejos County law enforcement and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation were not looking for remains when they jointly executed a search warrant at a property near the town of Los Sauces on Nov. 10, 2021. They were looking for Baroz, who was wanted for allegedly stealing vehicles and equipment.

5/3/24

Adre Baroz, 29, pleaded guilty to multiple crimes, including five counts of 1st-degree murder for killing, dismembering, and then burning the remains of five people in burn pits in Conejos County in 2020. Baroz also pleaded guilty to felony assault, tampering with a dead body, and kidnapping.

Baroz, who goes by the moniker "Psycho," was called "pure evil" by Alamosa District Court Judge Michael Gonzales Friday before being sentenced. Those are words Gonzales told the court he has never stated before in any criminal case before, signaling to the unique nature of a serial killer operating in the San Luis Valley.

12th Judicial District Attorney Anne Kelly agrees. She tells KRDO13 Investigates these types of crimes are exceedingly rare for a small, tight-knit community like Alamosa.

[..]

Baroz's older brother, Julius, was sentenced to 25 years in prison Friday after he pleaded guilty to criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder. Julius did not intervene when his brother, Psycho, was trying to slit the throat of one of his victims before shooting and killing him.

A third man, Francisco Ramirez, was also sentenced Friday to 24 years in prison for three counts of tampering with a dead body. Ramirez assisted Baroz in disposing of and burning the remains of multiple of his victims.

[..]

District Attorney Kelly says she hopes these sentences will give the victims and their family members some justice after nearly four long years of prosecuting these crimes.

[..]

These criminal cases were prosecuted by multiple prosecutors from Boulder County, where District Attorney Kelly was a prosecutor before being appointed to the role of 12th Judicial DA. She was later elected to the role and applauded the work they did in securing convictions for all three men involved.

"Boulder was able to give us those resources as our law enforcement agencies from across the state were able to come down here and give us those resources. I just wanted to make sure that the state knows how strong a community we have as prosecutors in the state," Kelly said.

I have that info you gave earlier on his movements. And the DOB you have is correct! So - did he finally get sentenced? I noticed the last article said not yet. TIA !
A third man, Francisco Ramirez, was also sentenced Friday to 24 years in prison for three counts of tampering with a dead body. Ramirez assisted Baroz in disposing of and burning the remains of multiple of his victims.

3/4/24

The deceased:

• Selena Esquibel, 19, who was allegedly murdered because Adre Baroz believed she was publicizing a sexual assault he committed against her (that assault has not been confirmed).
  • Xavier Zeven Garcia, 26, who reportedly died while trying to collect money from Adre Baroz for helping dispose of Esquibel's body. Per case documents, his remains have not been found.
  • Myron Martinez, 38, who died while purchasing drugs from Adre Baroz.
  • Shayla Hammel, 34, Martinez's girlfriend who was waiting in a car outside Baroz's apartment at the time Martinez was murdered. She was allegedly killed by Julius Baroz at his brother's behest.
  • Korina Arroyo, 32, who was scheduled to testify in a drug case against Adre Baroz.
Families of several of the murder victims reported them missing in the days and months leading up to law enforcement's search of Adre Baroz's residence on Nov. 10, 2020.

Baroz fled but was captured in Gallup, New Mexico nine days later.

1714851312016.png

1714851344499.png

4/30/2021

ALAMOSA— The 12th Judicial District Attorney’s Office announced Monday, April 26, that Adre “Psycho” Baroz is now facing murder charges in connection with the death of Korina Arroyo of Monte Vista.

[..]

This investigation is still ongoing. Arroyo, who also went by the name Korina Marquez-Arroyo and Korina Arroyo-Marquez, was from Monte Vista and was 31 years old at the time of her death. According to posts on her Facebook page, she had a son whom she called “Choco” and described as her “inspiration for living a wonderful life,” adding “I thank God every day for another day and coming home to my house filled with my crazy sisters is amazing, I couldn’t ask for a better family to share my life story with.”

In a post made in April of 2020, Arroyo announced that she was moving from the San Luis Valley. “I guess it’s time, gonna pack my stuff and go! I don’t know how I feel right now if to be happy or be sad, nervous, excited. I have so much on my mind but one thing is for sure. Today is the start of my new life!!!”

When a friend asked her where she was moving, she said she was moving to Denver.

“It’s time I move on. This valley will end up killing me,” she posted. According to the Monte Vista Police Department, Arroyo was last seen in Monte Vista on Aug. 25, 2020. Her family reported her missing three days later.

Details of the case are not yet known at this time, but Arroyo’s name previously appeared in one of the court documents relating to Ramirez who is currently facing charges related to helping Baroz dispose of the bodies of victims Baroz is accused of killing.

According to the court document, Ramirez allegedly told a friend that Baroz “shot those two girls on Facebook,” referring to Esquibel, who was reported missing shortly after Arroyo. Ramirez allegedly said that Arroyo was killed “because she was a snitch and was on people’s paperwork,” which the investigator defined as someone identified through court discovery as assisting law enforcement with a criminal case.

In that same court document, the investigator states that it is believed by the Monte Vista Police Department that “Korina was murdered due to her statements in a drug case in which she was due to testify as a state’s witness.” The investigator went on to state that Arroyo was reported missing within a few weeks of when the trial was scheduled to begin.

Since court proceedings have begun, prosecutors associated with the case — including both the former DA, Robert Willett, and the current special prosecutor, Fred Johnson with the Boulder County DA’s office — have requested of the court that certain documents remain sealed.

05/10/2024

This e-mail is to inform you that ADRE BAROZ with offender number 289275 was transferred from Pueblo County Sheriff's Office. The transfer took place on 05/10/2024. The offender is now in the custody of another facility.

For more information, contact the former holding facility by calling (719) 583-6125. VINE information is also available at www.vinelink.com.

This notification is sponsored by the Colorado VINE Service. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The VINE Service

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ