CO CO - Diego Hernandez, 13, seen on video leaving home in the middle of the night, Denver, 1 Dec 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1708935907541.png

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) is seeking the public’s help in locating a missing 13-year-old, Diego Hernandez.

On December 1, 2023, Diego was last seen leaving his home in Denver, Colorado in the middle of the night. Video footage from the home shows Diego putting a jacket on, getting his bike, and then hopping over the fence. Heather Hernandez, Diego’s mom, said that it was a normal night. The family ate dinner together and everyone went to bed., but the next morning, Diego was nowhere to be found.

(video footage of him leaving is included with the article.)

Hernandez is described as 4 feet and 9 inches tall, having brown eyes with black hair and weighing 120 pounds.

He's only 13 and it seems not staying with a known local friend, so he could be anywhere by now. Definitely an endangered kid. I hope he's safe and the attention to his case will bring him home. I also hope local investigators have brought in additional resources.

I assume electronics from his home have been checked? IMO he would have been in contact with someone and headed to meet someone.

I have the same concerns, I can't find anything about being reported missing back in Dec. Was he just reported now? That's not good. IMO
Adding: What about school? Was he home schooled or attended a school?

Attachments

• IMG_6258.png
    IMG_6258.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
If Diego was previously missing at least 11/5/2023 to 11/23/2023, then left home again on the night of 12/1/2023 and was seen on easily-findable surveillance video... I can't imagine they have no leads.

Does sharing the video at this point (a few months after it occured) have any investigative value? Or is it primarily because a video is likely to spread farther than a typical missing persons report?

That article did not load a video for me, but this one did: Video shows missing Denver boy leave his house the night he went missing

I was surprised to see him running. I’m also surprised it seems like, despite disappearing nearly 3 months ago, this hasn’t been reported on until now. Surely this video was found before just now?
So he runs across the yard, putting on his jacket as he goes. Grabs a bike and presumably rides off. Was the bike ever found?

Diego has been added to NamUs.

All information from:

Missing Person / NamUs #MP117717
Diego Hernandez, Male, Hispanic / Latino
Date of Last Contact: December 1, 2023
Missing From: Denver, Colorado

Height: 4' 10" (58 Inches)
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Diego is a a habitual runaway, but has never been gone this length of time. He left at 0400 hours from his mother's residence on 12/01/2023. She has video surveillance of him leaving the residence on his brothers bike.

This case was just presented by a rep from NCMEC during the “missing” segment of “On Patrol Live” on the REELZ network. One thing mentioned was they believe Diego left because he was unhappy about being home schooled.
*Habitual runaway
*Unhappy about being homeschooled

Yeah those aren't fantastic factors... poor kid... i hope he's alright

That article did not load a video for me, but this one did: Video shows missing Denver boy leave his house the night he went missing

I was surprised to see him running. I’m also surprised it seems like, despite disappearing nearly 3 months ago, this hasn’t been reported on until now. Surely this video was found before just now?
He looks like he's in a hurry. Was he going to meet someone ? Or was he running away from a bad situation at home ?
I hope that kid is safe somewhere

1711055448892.png
Heather Hernandez, Diego’s mom, was passing out flyers in Denver on Wednesday, according to FOX affiliate KDVR. She said she was determined to find her son.

“I try to work, I try to make it normal as possible for the kids to go to school and have the same routine, but when we are missing a missing piece, it’s not the same,” the mom told the station.

On Feb. 24, the NCMEC released footage that appears to show the teen “leaving his home in Denver, Colorado in the middle of the night.”

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - A missing person case in Denver has made its way to the Western Slope. A 13-year-old boy missing since December was allegedly seen in Grand Junction in February. Now, his family is pleading with the Grand Junction community. We spoke with his mom, Heather Hernandez as well as the Grand Junction Police Department, to try and put an end to the search.

After more than two months, a small glimpse of hope sparked here in Grand Junction. A video from the Safeway in the Redlands showed what appeared to be Diego. According to his mom, there is no doubt that’s her son. She said, “We had seen the video footage of Diego and I’m 100 percent sure that is Diego right there. He asked a lady for some money, she didn’t give him any money, but she bought him some food. The people at Safeway they offered to get him some food too and they did.” Since this video, there has been no other sightings or leads to finding Diego.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back