CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this, but was wondering could I post a link to a website that is called ***************** as there is a response there from someone who claims to be the sister of Mark Redwine? I tried to figure out how to message the mods on this, but can't figure it out.

I realize there have been two full days of searching the waters at Vallecito Lake with no body turning up. But, I don't think that means much.

I just wanted to point out that, back here in Boston, MA, we had the Franco Garcia case this past winter (Franco, a local college student, went missing from a bar -- surveillance footage caught him walking alone without a coat away from the bar after texting a friend to not leave without him). His phone last pinged in the area of the Chestnut Hill Reservoir so authorities began searching there.

Chestnut Hill Reservoir had a depth of 20-25 feet that was scanned with sonar (versus the Vallecito Lake which is normally 140 feet deep but currently 60-80 feet deep, nearly THREE TO FOUR TIMES AS DEEP as the Chestnut Hill Reservoir). Franco's body was never detected in those 20-25 feet deep waters, despite days of searching.

A month-and-a-half later, a man walking his dog spotted a body floating in about 7 feet of heavily weeded water, approximately 18 feet from shore. It was Franco.

I am simply trying to point out that just because nothing was found in the past two days at Vallecito Lake doesn't mean Dylan is not there. Franco Garcia drowned in waters three to four times less than the depth of Vallecito Lake and LE was still unable to find his body using sonar and all of the scientific methods currently available to us.

As sad as it may be, I think Dylan might still be out there....

After following JR's case, which so much seemed so crazy, both parents stood together to help bring their baby back. I don't think they had a good relationship at all. It is heartbreaking to see these parents this way. I don't want to speculate much, only because I am going towards what most others are. But wouldn't this be a time to put aside your differences to be "parents". I don't know MOO. I don't know if I were in the moms shoes I would be much different. I hope they find this kiddo soon!

I'm new to this, but was wondering could I post a link to a website that is called ***************** as there is a response there from someone who claims to be the sister of Mark Redwine? I tried to figure out how to message the mods on this, but can't figure it out.

Because the website name came up like this= ******************* it means it is a blocked site here.

Is it topix? I think someone discussed a comment by the paternal aunt. Didn't she imply that we should look st the mom and stepdad or something?

<snipped>

I think LE is focusing heavily on Vallecito Lake and I think it's for more reasons than are being broadcast through MSM (i.e. they have more than a hunch that Dylan is there -- maybe there is site-specific mud on Dad's/someone's tires, surveillance video, an eyewitness, or Dylan's belongings were found there but it just hasn't been made public yet). I find it telling how much time, effort, and manpower they have spent in this one location with little more to go on than Dad's word that Dylan's fishing pole is missing and is 'likely' with him.

There is something we just don't know yet that LE does.

I agree with your post... LE has been so quiet and there's been no addressing any realistic possibility of what could've happened. It's really difficult for me to picture several of the scenarios we've discussed on the thread happening with no trace. They're certainly doing a whole lot more behind the scenes than we know, why none of it is relevant to the public in helping search for Dylan I'm not sure... perhaps it's best to keep things quiet.

This really irks me -- Forget about POI or suspect, isn't it standard practice to verify and reverify everything about the story and timeline of the person(s) who last saw the missing individual? I'll answer my own question. Why yes, yes it is. Independent confirmation, alibi, yes your story is no problem, we can move on, rule you out and now search the rest of the world. That hasn't been ADDRESSED by the people who should be addressing it. I'm not talking about casting blame, just step one in a long process. The inability or silence on that basic step is where I'm hung up and where I think some others are too. :banghead:

I realize there have been two full days of searching the waters at Vallecito Lake with no body turning up. But, I don't think that means much.

I just wanted to point out that, back here in Boston, MA, we had the Franco Garcia case this past winter (Franco, a local college student, went missing from a bar -- surveillance footage caught him walking alone without a coat away from the bar after texting a friend to not leave without him). His phone last pinged in the area of the Chestnut Hill Reservoir so authorities began searching there.

Chestnut Hill Reservoir had a depth of 20-25 feet that was scanned with sonar (versus the Vallecito Lake which is normally 140 feet deep but currently 60-80 feet deep, nearly THREE TO FOUR TIMES AS DEEP as the Chestnut Hill Reservoir). Franco's body was never detected in those 20-25 feet deep waters, despite days of searching.

A month-and-a-half later, a man walking his dog spotted a body floating in about 7 feet of heavily weeded water, approximately 18 feet from shore. It was Franco.

I am simply trying to point out that just because nothing was found in the past two days at Vallecito Lake doesn't mean Dylan is not there. Franco Garcia drowned in waters three to four times less than the depth of Vallecito Lake and LE was still unable to find his body using sonar and all of the scientific methods currently available to us.

Thank you.

And Joshua Swalls (has a thread) body was recently found in a retention pond that was previously searched.

Because the website name came up like this= ******************* it means it is a blocked site here.

Is it topix? I think someone discussed a comment by the paternal aunt. Didn't she imply that we should look st the mom and stepdad or something?

Yes, or siblings, which I found odd coming from an aunt, plus she says anyone involved or related to the divorce proceedings. So is there something she is trying to point to?

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't want to get into trouble.

His case is still open and unsolved right, Franco's? I haven't heard anything in months - about suspects or autopsy. Was there any evidence that he was weighted down at some point? So sad. There have been a few bodies recovered in the Charles of late, too.. what's happening to good old Boston??

I don't know much about the sonar and search equipment used in these cases, but I've read the team from NM in Dylan's case is top of the line. Does the FBI have any equipment that might make the search easier or more thorough? None of us want him to be there, but if he is I hope he's found sooner than later. It's going to get cold soon out there. Bring Dylan home :(

Also it was she that says "Unfortunately, in situations like this, they are going to look at my brother as having something to do with this." So does this mean they are doing this? Because from the angles shared threw out all the news there has not been this type of statement.

I'm glad he's letting investigators do their work (?)

He doesn't want to say anything? :waitasec: I wonder if he's such a total mess over Dylan being missing that he's unable to be an advocate for him. He theorized that Dylan may have gone to the lake with his fishing pole, may have hitchhiked, or may have been abducted. He was the last to see his son and has so much crucial evidence that LE needs but that the public could use if Dylan is out there and some predator has him.

I guess since there's not much else I can say at this point, I'll "plea" with the dad to please help us find your precious boy.

But I guess he prefers not to say anything.....

..... (sigh)

I'll choose my words carefully so as not to ruffle any feathers....this would not be my reaction if my son were missing. I realize I have not been in this position, but I can assure you I would not be this casual. It's an interesting reaction to say the least.

Also it was she that says "Unfortunately, in situations like this, they are going to look at my brother as having something to do with this." So does this mean they are doing this? Because from the angles shared threw out all the news there has not been this type of statement.

It's logical to take a hard look at the last one to see the missing person. It's also logical that LE start with the circle of those closest to Dylan(parents, family, friends) and then work their way out. Stranger abductions are rare( statistucally speaking) and when a child goes missing its usually someone known to them who is responsible. The best thing a family member with nothing to hide can do in a case like this is be cooperative and let them rule you out. Otherwise, lawyer up and say nothing.

His case is still open and unsolved right, Franco's? I haven't heard anything in months - about suspects or autopsy. Was there any evidence that he was weighted down at some point? So sad. There have been a few bodies recovered in the Charles of late, too.. what's happening to good old Boston??

I don't know much about the sonar and search equipment used in these cases, but I've read the team from NM in Dylan's case is top of the line. Does the FBI have any equipment that might make the search easier or more thorough? None of us want him to be there, but if he is I hope he's found sooner than later. It's going to get cold soon out there. Bring Dylan home :(

It is worth noting that LE searched for FOUR DAYS (twice as long, so far, as LE have searched the Vallecito Lake for Dylan) and that the depth of Chestnut Hill Reservoir was 20-25 feet versus the 60-80 feet depth of Vallecito Lake and Franco Garcia was still not found. So, LE in Dylan's case have their work cut out for them.

But, to catch up Franco's case (sorry for going OT), authorities found the preliminary autopsy to be consistent with an accidental fall into the water (presumably after drinking at a local bar). Cash was found among the personal effects on his body so robbery was not considered a motive. There was no significant injury to the body such as broken bones and the DA announced it appears that Franco suffered a fall into the water and died of accidental drowning. The family requested toxicology results and, last I heard in June of this year, those had not come in yet.

I would like it to be noted that it took 7 weeks before Franco's body was sighted by a passerby despite searches that took TWICE AS LONG in HALF AS LITTLE DEPTH as that of the search for Dylan at Vallecito Lake. I think it is very possible Dylan is still out there....

I'll choose my words carefully so as not to ruffle any feathers....this would not be my reaction if my son were missing. I realize I have not been in this position, but I can assure you I would not be this casual. It's an interesting reaction to say the least.

Same here. I don't have children but I have nephews who are like my own, one is Dylan's age. My heart skips a beat when I lose track of them in the home if they're taking a nap, for example or if I momentarily forget that they're playing in the backyard. It's tough to imagine not throwing oneself at the mercy of anyone and any entity that will listen or help when your loved one is missing or in danger, but we're missing at least a few parts of this story.

It is worth noting that LE searched for FOUR DAYS (twice as long, so far, as LE have searched the Vallecito Lake for Dylan) and that the depth of Chestnut Hill Reservoir was 20-25 feet versus the 60-80 feet depth of Vallecito Lake and Franco Garcia was still not found. So, LE in Dylan's case have their work cut out for them.

But, to catch up Franco's case (sorry for going OT), authorities found the preliminary autopsy to be consistent with an accidental fall into the water (presumably after drinking at a local bar). Cash was found among the personal effects on his body so robbery was not considered a motive. There was no significant injury to the body such as broken bones and the DA announced it appears that Franco suffered a fall into the water and died of accidental drowning. The family requested toxicology results and, last I heard in June of this year, those had not come in yet.

I would like it to be noted that it took 7 weeks before Franco's body was sighted by a passerby despite searches that took TWICE AS LONG in HALF AS LITTLE DEPTH as that of the search for Dylan at Vallecito Lake. I think it is very possible Dylan is still out there....

based on your BOLDED statement, I think I will call it a day....

Dylan, please come home :please: :please:

an article I found that has really made me think there is something way too hinky about this case

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.

&#8220;He hasn&#8217;t had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn&#8217;t respond,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive.&#8221;

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com...er-suspects-ex-husband-in-sons-disappearance/

Question: With the speculation as to what led LE and the SAR team to the lake (dad's comment about the fishing pole? a scent near the lake? something we don't know?) Is it possible that LE brought dogs to dad's house to begin with and they tracked a scent down to the lake? I won't fill in the details as to how Dylan got from the house to the lake or whether the dogs picked up on human scent or remains or if they were able to gauge that he travelled say, by foot or perhaps in the bed of a truck (hitch hiking, abducted, etc)? I've been on this thread so long my brain is scrambled so I can't recall hearing if dogs were ever at the house but this would make sense from a search tactic and it could explain how they ended up at the lake. jmo, moo, you get the idea.

yeah...good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member