CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kwqc.com/story/20216771/sheriffs-dept-missing-colo-boy-didnt-run-away

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said authorities are focusing on the possibility of foul play but hope that isn't the case.

Lia Howard, the sister of Elaine Redwine, said the family has told authorities Dylan didn't run away. She also said Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with family members in Castle Rock and was disappointed he had to go to see his father.

http://www.kwqc.com/story/20216771/sheriffs-dept-missing-colo-boy-didnt-run-away

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said authorities are focusing on the possibility of foul play but hope that isn't the case.

Lia Howard, the sister of Elaine Redwine, said the family has told authorities Dylan didn't run away. She also said Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with family members in Castle Rock and was disappointed he had to go to see his father.

So that is a different thing altogether. It's not necessarily he did not want to see his dad, but maybe a favorite cousin or aunt was in town that he would miss out on seeing, so he was upset about that. That seems totally reasonable.

http://www.ask-something.com/how-lo...ad-body-to-surface-from-the-bottom-of-a-lake/

I wonder who asked this question?

11 answers and one contains the following:

In very COLD water, near freezing, the body could remain intact for literally years. I heard reports of dead bodies found on the bottom of Lake Tahoe years after the fact, that look like they just fell in and died yesterday…

WOW.... wtf.... im scared to think of how someone knows all this info.... there are some sick puppies out there... IMO :moo:

I don't think so. If they had a ping they would be searching in a specific area, and it doesn't seem they are doing it. The lake was likely being searched because of father saying fishing pole went missing, not because of cell phone ping.

I wonder if it pinged last around Dad's house and never moved away?

Not without Nurse getting out her huge needle after me. Its definitely NOT something I want to tackle at this point because I love Nurse and would hate to break her rules.:blowkiss:
Think this:
What 13 year old, who has been confined to a plane ride, is going to go home and be in bed by 8 or 9 pm? Not one. I had 4 children...never seen one in bed by 8 or 9, even when they were 3! LOL
No calls or texts after 8? There you go.

What do I do when my phone battery is dead? I sit next to the charger and keep on texting. The option not to text is unacceptable. Something happened Sunday night.

I also, have a healthy respect for Nurse *and Needles (eeeek!)

Because of this, despite the theories I may have currently swirling around in my noggin, and which I am valiantly trying to suppress, I am trying verrrrrrry hard to think beyond those theories and your comment re: 13 year olds and bed by 8 or 9 PM combined with a previously read post indicating Dylan's phone *may have been turned off after 8 PM triggered a memory:

What would make a 13 year old boy go to bed early? *Anger! At least that was my experience with my son! Luckily, when my son was Dylan's age, he and I had very few tussles during his teen years, however, I remember a few times especially at that age where a "discussion" or a decision I'd made that he did not agree with escalated to the point where he'd "march/stiff leg stalk" to his room, slam his door, go to his bed and pull the covers over his head. Of course I'd follow him, but most times he was only looking for space alone to sort out his feelings and really wanted to be left alone. Mother that I am, I'd keep checking on him (w/o him knowing I was ;)) and there *were at least two times that I remember him falling asleep like that, under the covers - and - the next morning when I was leaving for work - I could tell he was awake but he was pretending to be asleep (I think because he was embarrassed at losing control). I'd come home that evening to find flowers picked from outside or an "I'm sorry" note).

"What if" Dylan's phone *was turned off at 8 PM, Dylan was not happy about it, Dylan "went to bed early in anger" figuring there was little else to do, the next morning was still angry or was embarrassed and feigned sleep and after his dad left, set out for his friends, intending to hitchhike, and then soon after, something happened, either abduction, or he came to some harm on roadway and has not yet been found....... If, it is as reported, that Dylans' dad hadn't spent a lot of time with Dylan of late - and took Dylan's actions at "face value" "He went to bed early." " He didn't want to get up." - that would explain those comments.

*Anyway - I'm not saying that I think this is what happened with Dylan - I know what I think I think :waitasec: I'm just trying to find alternative theories for the spotty information we have.......because I want to *try to keep an open mind despite the fact my head and heart is aching with dread more and more each day....all the what-ifs and who's and whats..... and then again there's that genuine fear of needles!

And yes - I realize this theory full of holes too, because it does not take into account:

What happened to the phone, who shut it off what happened to it later, or backpack

Why Dylan did not call his friends from the landline (unless he did not have his cell and did not have their numbers memorized?)

And per Google Earth - that road is much more populated than I'd thought it was.......... how was he not seen?

So - - I've just talked myself into a big old pit! :banghead:

*But - I'm posting it anyway - in the hopes it triggers more ideas anyone?

Please feel free to dissect and tear apart.....

Ducking now!

attention: a new thread is coming shortly. There will be some new changes to the discussion posted at the start of the new thread.

Great idea. Imagine that... asking questions and possibly getting answers:what:

-what time did flight arrive?
- did Dylan and dad grocery shop? Is this confirmed? If so, how? Receipt? Video surviellance? eyewitness?
- how many pieces of luggage did Dylan have? Backpack and what else?
- Is Dylan's fishing pole actually missing? Did dad find it?
- Is there cell reception in dad's house/around his house?

Does his Dad even have Internet service?

I do not understand the lack of info in this case. LE either doesn't know anything more than we do so they have nothing to release OR they have felt pretty confident from the beginning that they know all the W's so they don't feel the need to put anything out that they don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sincerely, desperately and fervently hoping and praying that they have a lot of information, but are being very careful with it, in order to the build the strongest most rock solid case they can (if need be).

doors are closing here. Make sure to read the new rules in post number two of the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther