CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not for the alleged cereal,bowl, TV, etc. signs that he had been up and about, I would think it possible he was somehow cajoled into leaving with someone before he had a chance to do his morning texting. But once we have him up and eating, I can't see him not reaching for phone to read his messages and respond to them.

He could have turned on the tv as soon as he woke up, got up and fixed a bowl of cereal, and someone came to the door before he had taken his phone off the charger. If he was told to hurry up and eat if he wanted a ride, and he could text from the car, he would most likely be willing to wait. MOO

He could have turned on the tv as soon as he woke up, got up and fixed a bowl of cereal, and someone came to the door before he had taken his phone off the charger. If he was told to hurry up and eat if he wanted a ride, and he could text from the car, he would most likely be willing to wait. MOO

that is possible. I wonder if there are pings showing his cell leaving the home that morning? Because if someone lured him into a car by pretending to be a friend, then they probably drove awhile before he realized anything was wrong.

But I do think that MR said the bowl was empty. So he had time to eat the whole bowl. I would think that would have given him time to grab his cell and look at his messages, and see one from RN if nothing else. So I am not sure he would have sat and eaten the entire bowl before starting to text friends.

You know whats scary to me? A popular young man like Dylan only has one friend texting him. Why only RN?

That is such a good point! We have ER saying that Dylan was an "avid texter" but like you say, the entire evening he was with his dad, he just exchanged texts with one person (that we know of) Maybe not so avid as was presumed perhaps. Especially when ER had to contact him herself, to see if he had landed. I mean, so avid at texting he didn't think to send his mum one to let her know he had arrived safely?

that is possible. I wonder if there are pings showing his cell leaving the home that morning? Because if someone lured him into a car by pretending to be a friend, then they probably drove awhile before he realized anything was wrong.

But I do think that MR said the bowl was empty. So he had time to eat the whole bowl. I would think that would have given him time to grab his cell and look at his messages, and see one from RN if nothing else. So I am not sure he would have sat and eaten the entire bowl before starting to text friends.

Unless the person at the door said that RN had sent him, seeing as DR hadn't turned up when expected? Its a very long shot, I know .... but could someone have known that DR was at home, alone and due to be meeting his friend.

Or perhaps someone knocked, asked Dylan if his dad was there, Dylan replies that he's due back around 11.00am as he's driving him to R's grandmothers' house. Caller says, "I'm going that way, why don't I drop you off. I'll let your dad know". Either Dylan knows this person, or presumes its a mate of his dad, seeing as he has called round the house?

That is such a good point! We have ER saying that Dylan was an "avid texter" but like you say, the entire evening he was with his dad, he just exchanged texts with one person (that we know of) Maybe not so avid as was presumed perhaps. Especially when ER had to contact him herself, to see if he had landed. I mean, so avid at texting he didn't think to send his mum one to let her know he had arrived safely?

I think ER was right about him being an avid texter, but that's when he's at home.

He was back in his old hometown. So he may not have had everyone's cell numbers in his old group of friends. And he is not used to texting them like he would be his current circle of friends. He just got there that night.

As for not immediately texting his mum to say he landed. Any surprise there? lol

Unless the person at the door said that RN had sent him, seeing as DR hadn't turned up when expected? Its a very long shot, I know .... but could someone have known that DR was at home, alone and due to be meeting his friend.

Or perhaps someone knocked, asked Dylan if his dad was there, Dylan replies that he's due back around 11.00am as he's driving him to R's grandmothers' house. Caller says, "I'm going that way, why don't I drop you off. I'll let your dad know". Either Dylan knows this person, or presumes its a mate of his dad, seeing as he has called round the house?

It is possible. I have always thought of that as the 2nd most likely scenario: A weird neighbor or a crazy family friend that sees MR's truck leaving that morning and knows that D is then home alone. I do see it as a possibility, but I have to think that everyone like that has been checked out thoroughly already. I hope so anyway.

I think ER was right about him being an avid texter, but that's when he's at home.

He was back in his old hometown. So he may not have had everyone's cell numbers in his old group of friends. And he is not used to texting them like he would be his current circle of friends. He just got there that night.

As for not immediately texting his mum to say he landed. Any surprise there? lol

That doesn't make sense to me. These were his oldest, "bestest" friends, weren't they? The ones he had been friends with since starting school? I would have thought their numbers would have been on his phone before he even moved away. If not, they'd be the first numbers on it when he got a phone.

As he is so tech-savvy, according to his mum, he would know every single way of contacting them from mobile phone, to facebook, to Twitter ........ etc.

And I'm sure he is used to texting them ..... if he had moved away and not bothered keeping in touch with them, then why the rush to meet up?

I have always been curious on where the information that Dylan's last texts came at 8 came from. Did ER say that according to the cell phone records the last text was at 8 or is RN the only person who said he had contact with Dylan so it was just assumed that is when his text stopped?

If Dylan was texting after 8pm then he was texting somebody besides R as he sent that last text after 8pm.

That doesn't make sense to me. These were his oldest, "bestest" friends, weren't they? The ones he had been friends with since starting school? I would have thought their numbers would have been on his phone before he even moved away. If not, they'd be the first numbers on it when he got a phone.

As he is so tech-savvy, according to his mum, he would know every single way of contacting them from mobile phone, to facebook, to Twitter ........ etc.

And I'm sure he is used to texting them ..... if he had moved away and not bothered keeping in touch with them, then why the rush to meet up?

I disagree. When he moved away he was only 12. How many of his old friends had their own cell phones then? How many of those even have the same numbers now?

And did he even have a phone of his own when he moved away? My kids were in middle school when they first got theirs, but not every kid had one.

And he probably lost or broke a few flip phones since then. Who knows how many of those old numbers he had?

We do know that he was in close contact with 2 or 3 of his old best friends. And we know that he was texting one of them RN, quite consistently. But who knows about the other 2? Maybe one of them was the 9:37 text?

What if they didnt go to the Vallecito home that evening?

Just a thought!

If Dylan was texting after 8pm then he was texting somebody besides R as he sent that last text after 8pm.

What if he sent the text to his father?

Ha Ha you took my phone but didnt get this!

You know whats scary to me? A popular young man like Dylan only has one friend texting him. Why only RN?

How do you know that?
You only saw texts from one person?

His other friends in CS knew he was away for the week.
We dont know who all he had on his contact list.

MY son does 20thousand texts a month and maybe 3 phone callsLOL
thos phone calls are to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads