CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think MR has dug himself a hole for whatever reason. Yes he could be guilty, but his actions and demeanor could also stem from him being just plain difficult, or by all accounts not an especially easy guy to like. While I haven't interpreted what he has said in interviews etc as necessarily incriminating, I don't think he is a particularly eloquent or confident public speaker either. I can grant him a bit of leeway for nerves or anxiety, and I don't believe he is anywhere near the smooth talker who can explain his way out of anything that some choose to make him out to be.

Back to his ever deepening hole - I do feel he made some unwise choices from the day of Dylan's disappearance. Maybe this was due to nerves, guilt, selfishness, pig headedness or even bad advice from others - but I do think that for about two and a half months he has been stuck in that hole and can't claw himself out even if he wants to. A few vocal locals (yay a rhyme! - first grade teacher can you tell?) posting elsewhere would have us believe he would get a very hostile reception anywhere in his village. I'd think that sort of reaction or attention would be unwelcome anywhere near the searchers, or at any past or future event held in Dylan's name. I'm not defending MR's tender feelings here, but I really don't think the organisers of those events would truthfully want their hard work overshadowed by hostilities directed at MR, should he suddenly turn up. I'm pretty sure the dog handlers would be far from impressed with that sort of interference as well.

MR has repeatedly said he understands why he is being investigated, and that he wants this so that LE can then focus on Dylan - but those words are always twisted by others to mean that somehow he is enjoying all the attention. Him staying out of the limelight to avoid attention is then called out as him being callous and uncaring. He can't win - and I know some people are sick of hearing that (I think I have the same reaction to red flags, phone pings, and "on his watch") but he really can't win at this point, no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Could he be guilty? Yes, of course. Am I convinced or ready to call for his arrest? Not even close with what information we have been given.

He's doing fine. He's cooperated fully with LE, he's opened up his home to the media, he's now attended a national media event with a combative and accusatory ex-wife and son, and he's denied any participation into the disappearance of Dylan with no evidence that suggests otherwise.

He is a victim until evidence, rather than baseless speculation, proves otherwise.

I agree with you on the BBM part as they are facts. I believe members of the public have a right to form opinions based on what they know. LE has stated the MR is the last known person to have seen Dylan and this hasn't chance TMK several months later, unless it is proven otherwise that is a valid reason to be suspicious.

Yes, that boggles my mind too. And like he would do it even if they told him to! LOL

JMO, I will be glad when the show has come and gone. It is unlikely to change the opinions of many here, IMO, and clearly no one will confess on camera.

Seeing how the K-9 volunteers are searching under incredibly difficult circumstances, and have been since the shows were taped, I am not seeing how confident the family can really be about Dylan being hidden and alive. Their searching kind of goes against that theory, so I do not see that anything of real value could have surfaced from the show.

But I understand why ER and family needed to do this and hope they gained some kind of emotional relief, at least.

IMO it's also for justice. IF he killed Dylan or caused him to disappear then I am sure ER would want justice for Dylan and her family.

Confusion did you come up with "Pat" from the Saturday Night Live character? Everytime you use Pat as a illustration, I picture that character and bust out laughing.

Yes. I wanted a generic name, and that character popped into my head. :blushing:

I meant not doing well as in swaying fence sitters in his direction....... I'm merely basing that on the posts of the last day or so. Some people have said they were on fence but it doesn't look good...leaning more towards him, etc.

Which brings up point b.
MODS,,, If MR passes this poly, can we sleuth someone else? ROFL ! :floorlaugh:

SCHMAE I haven't always agreed with everything you have posted on Dylan's threads, but I love the way you are open to lots of different theories here. I can just see you flip-flopping from one side of that fence to the other all the time :)

I vote for Pat! :fence:
Love it :)

SCHMAE I haven't always agreed with everything you have posted on Dylan's threads, but I love the way you are open to lots of different theories here. I can just see you flip-flopping from one side of that fence to the other all the time :)

Love it :)

I wake up every morning on a different side of a four sided fence !

I wake up every morning on a different side of a four sided fence !

I do feel for you, there is one case I feel that way about & it is the worst feeling going back 'n forth! I walked away & will wait it out. :banghead:

I am hoping the DP show helps me. I am looking forward to it/yet dreading watching it.

There has always been online ~craziness with true crime cases, and it's not limited to Dylan's case. In JonBenet's case, back in the late 1990s, there were was no FB or Twitter, but there were many different forums, and each one had people with a different viewpoint about the case. There were even acronyms that emerged (BORG; Bent on Ramsey Guilt, RST: Ramsey Support Team, etc). Apparently, there were even forum wars. I believe that was the first case extensively talked about on the Internet, so as soon as people were able to talk about a true crime case anonymously and instantly, the ~craziness began.

IIRC, I think in the Scott Peterson case criminal defense atty Mark Geragos reportedly had his own "war room" of posters that would post in defense of Scott on various websites ...IMO also tainting the jury pool with misinformation. Fortunately, that didn't work out too well for Scott.

BBM, if that's the case, why has he been ignoring her texts and calls? Do we know who initiated the divorce? I don't get all the comments that he's obsessed with her. I get the spousal revenge thing, but they've been divorced for many years and from what I understand she's been back with MH for several years. Why would it all come to a head now? Because she moved to CS? Wasn't that this past summer? Hasn't he had a couple of visits with Dylan since then, even a cross country vacation? I just don't get it. MOO

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

The reason MR is likely ignoring text messages, (if he is) is because that isn't what he wants. He wanted to see her. To sit down with her. To be a family. Together. And I do believe that even if or when she MAY have agreed to do so, she would have wanted MH to be with her. And I don't think that's what MR had in mind. Thus, the stand-off.
I also see that this probably isn't "new" behavior. There may have been other things he's tried through the years. We don't know.
Seeing Dylan once or twice in 6 months wouldn't have anything to do with MR wanting to see Elaine. I sincerely doubt she was even involved in the exchange, or if she was, it was probably a 10 minute thing...and MH would have been present.
Resentment grows through the years with a narcissistic personality. It doesn't dissipate.

I've unapproved several posts because they are way to personal. We seem to keep on saying the same thing here... Everyone has a right to an opinion with being attacked for it. If you disagree you can explain why or just pass it on by if you feel you can't post responsibly. Its real simple...

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Come on, we know how to do this. This is about Dylan lets keep it focused on him. Stop the bickering, stop attacking posters for their opinions. Why is that so difficult? If you see a post you feel is against TOS alert and don't reply to it. If you have any questions you can pm me or any Mod. Thank you.

Ima
progress.gif

Dr. Phil's tie is relaxed while talking to Mark. It appears in the video the DP is frustrated with Mark. At least in my opinion.

IMO, when viewinf the 40+ second snippet of Wednesday's preview,Dr. Phil does seem to be drilling down on Mark. I wonder if he walked out of the Lie Detector test.

I've unapproved several posts because they are way to personal. We seem to keep on saying the same thing here... Everyone has a right to an opinion with being attacked for it. If you disagree you can explain why or just pass it on by if you feel you can't post responsibly. Its real simple...

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Come on, we know how to do this. This is about Dylan lets keep it focused on him. Stop the bickering, stop attacking posters for their opinions. Why is that so difficult? If you see a post you feel is against TOS alert and don't reply to it. If you have any questions you can pm me or any Mod. Thank you.

Ima
progress.gif

Because I don't want a T/O, I just want to clarify that most of the comments removed were in reference to people on the FB pages, not WS members. :)

I do think MR has dug himself a hole for whatever reason. Yes he could be guilty, but his actions and demeanor could also stem from him being just plain difficult, or by all accounts not an especially easy guy to like. While I haven't interpreted what he has said in interviews etc as necessarily incriminating, I don't think he is a particularly eloquent or confident public speaker either. I can grant him a bit of leeway for nerves or anxiety, and I don't believe he is anywhere near the smooth talker who can explain his way out of anything that some choose to make him out to be.

Back to his ever deepening hole - I do feel he made some unwise choices from the day of Dylan's disappearance. Maybe this was due to nerves, guilt, selfishness, pig headedness or even bad advice from others - but I do think that for about two and a half months he has been stuck in that hole and can't claw himself out even if he wants to. A few vocal locals (yay a rhyme! - first grade teacher can you tell?) posting elsewhere would have us believe he would get a very hostile reception anywhere in his village. I'd think that sort of reaction or attention would be unwelcome anywhere near the searchers, or at any past or future event held in Dylan's name. I'm not defending MR's tender feelings here, but I really don't think the organisers of those events would truthfully want their hard work overshadowed by hostilities directed at MR, should he suddenly turn up. I'm pretty sure the dog handlers would be far from impressed with that sort of interference as well.

MR has repeatedly said he understands why he is being investigated, and that he wants this so that LE can then focus on Dylan - but those words are always twisted by others to mean that somehow he is enjoying all the attention. Him staying out of the limelight to avoid attention is then called out as him being callous and uncaring. He can't win - and I know some people are sick of hearing that (I think I have the same reaction to red flags, phone pings, and "on his watch") but he really can't win at this point, no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Could he be guilty? Yes, of course. Am I convinced or ready to call for his arrest? Not even close with what information we have been given.

So much win in this post I had to quote it.

IMO, when viewinf the 40+ second snippet of Wednesday's preview,Dr. Phil does seem to be drilling down on Mark. I wonder if he walked out of the Lie Detector test.

has it aired yet? when will it? is there a video link?
I've had my head in a business plan so I've been away for 5 or more threads.

Oh my gosh that looks COLD. I wonder what water they were searching in - anyone know? Is that the river somewhat near MR's house?

I've worried about that river near his house since early on but didn't know how deep it is. If the one they're searching is the same one, looks like it's fairly shallow. Might be a different spot though.

Sorry to quote myself... here are a couple of the pics. Does this area look familiar to anyone (just generally - i.e. is it that river near MR's house?)

Dogs_snow_zpsddc35850.jpg

dog_water_zpsbd7b1fa4.jpg

Brrrr! They are working so hard to find him. Every time I look at pictures like these or the ones yesterday of holes in the ice it breaks my heart, though. I have such admiration and appreciation for what the searchers are doing, but I can't help but get a lump in my throat thinking Dylan might be out in that ice or icy water somewhere. I realize he's not still alive in that case, but still the thought of him being out there at all... :(

You know, I have tried very hard to stay on the fence, because I don't like to see anyone falsely accused, and if I were on a jury today with what we know today I would still feel compelled to vote to acquit because I don't think the hard evidence I need is there to get me past reasonable doubt... But seriously, Mark is his own worst enemy, IMO.

His actions and words are making it harder and harder for me to stay on the fence. And there is no doubt in my mind that he is a very cruel person, even if he had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance. My heart goes out to all of Dylan's family and friends. Having a missing child has to be a horrific nightmare, but knowing that the last person to see him, his own father, is behaving this way instead of putting aside past differences and working together to find him must make it even worse. I pray they get some answers soon.

All JMO, of course.

I appreciate your honesty as I, too came to a similar point in another case where I firmly stood for a parent and was truly angered at times at the way it seemed that some were so dead set on that parent being guilty..but when I came to that point of realizing that there was something wrong and that my view had truly come to believe it was POSSIBLE that the parent was involved..well.. I felt that regardless of how I felt about the "two sides" and didn't necessarily agree with the "GUILTY SIDE" so to speak that nonetheless this wasn't about being on sides it was about my personal view having changed and my expressing such..

IMO so much gets lost in this whole "two sides" sparring when in reality that's just ridiculous..for me there is no "side" its about the victim, that being Dylan in this case and having honest discussion about our views and opinions and that those views and opinions do often change throughout the course of a case and when that happens to be able to voice that without being made to feel as tho one is crossing to the dark side..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592