CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would this mean that ER contacted the Marshall's office and not the SO? Yikes I do not know what to think now. I would think ER would know if she called Bayfield or Durango.

I can see the Marshall's office sending MR to the SO as that would have jurisdiction. Now I am uncertain as to whom ER contacted.
If Elaine called the Bayfield police, it could have been the Marshall's office and/or the sheriff's office. BOTH are Bayfield police, the Marshall's office is the small local police, the Sheriff is the county police, and also responsible for Bayfield. Mark's house is listed as Bayfield, but he is under county jurisdiction due to the location.

Sorry, maybe I am just tired with jet lag here.

The night that ER arrived did they check the pavement and around MR's home for the footprints?

Or did they check the lake?

Or did they check the campground?

It was late when they arrived and I would think where they checked would be an important detail as I had thought ER stated they checked along the road. I remember the discussion as in rural areas it is dark so would be very difficult to see. Some suggested they had flashlights which would make sense in the dark.

Where they looked is an important detail considering CR mentioned that MR noted the fishing pole before the bike or footprints in the Dr. Phil show.

Must be the jet lad and just me being tired.

:) I think they checked along the road. Im not sure how far they went or which day. I am just assuming that the next day when searchers went out they would look for prints by the lake and camp ground. I would think that would be a vital step in the search. Though I could be wrong. :)
MOO, JMO

Sorry, maybe I am just tired with jet lag here.

The night that ER arrived did they check the pavement and around MR's home for the footprints?

Or did they check the lake?

Or did they check the campground?

It was late when they arrived and I would think where they checked would be an important detail as I had thought ER stated they checked along the road. I remember the discussion as in rural areas it is dark so would be very difficult to see. Some suggested they had flashlights which would make sense in the dark.

Where they looked is an important detail considering CR mentioned that MR noted the fishing pole before the bike or footprints in the Dr. Phil show.

Must be the jet lad and just me being tired.
BBM: Go with that one. No one has said there were any footprints.

The bike wasn't missing either. I took what Cory said as "Why would the first thing Mark noticed be a missing fishing pole, when he didn't look for the bike or footprints from Dylan?" The thought being, you walk into the house, your son is not there, you don't remember if the fishing pole was in the house or garage (Marks said that it could be in different places), but you are sure THAT is missing along with your son, yet you didn't look to see if his bike was missing, or look for footprints to see where your son has gone.

That is what I got out of Cory's statement. I have not read of any claim that Mark looked for footprints.

I would think that LE would be trying to obtain as much information from the person that is reporting would one not think?

Things like when last seen, what was wearing, friends and their phone numbers etc.? In my experience they try to get as much information from the person reporting while they search would that not be accurate?

BBM: Go with that one. No one has said there were any footprints.

You are right I am exhausted!! Time to put my feet up and sleep in my own bed, with my own pillows. :giggle:

Hoping Dylan is found soon !!

I would think that LE would be trying to obtain as much information from the person that is reporting would one not think?

Things like when last seen, what was wearing, friends and their phone numbers etc.? In my experience they try to get as much information from the person reporting while they search would that not be accurate?
Now I am confused. What has this got to do with the post of mine that you quoted?

[/B]

I'm absolutely baffled by this sudden flurry of posts surrounding it.

JMO

Blame me :blushing:

I asked a question on page on of this new thread.....

Doesn't anyone find it strange Law Enforcement has never released a pic with both MR and Dylan instead of just Dylan ?

Blame me :blushing:

I asked a question on page on of this new thread.....

No need for blame. No one's done anything wrong. We're here to discuss the case. That's what everyone does. :twocents:

What makes you think LE didn't do that. As far as I know, we don't really have many details concerning either call or report, unless you have a link to show otherwise?

Doesn't anyone find it strange Law Enforcement has never released a pic with both MR and Dylan instead of just Dylan ?

I don't remember LE in any case releasing a pic of a missing child along with someone else. I always see them cut down pics to just the missing child. NCMEC is all just the missing child. I would find it strange if LE released a pic of a missing child along with an adult who was not missing. :twocents:

Considering the last person reported to see Dylan was Mark Redwine and we've all seen how well he answers basic questions, it doesn't surprise me at all that there is complete and absolute confusion surrounding those first few hours.

Not I. As far as I know they aren't searching for MR, so why would they need to shopw people what he looks like? MOO

What time did he got out of the police station? Just wondering because in version #3 he went back to T's IIRC.

I'm having an awful time with the pages on here loading tonight. Not with my other windows, just on here. Is anyone else having problems?

This is a very important point that you have brought up.

I know I have filed reports by phone and usually LE will show up at the location I happen to be reporting from.

One would think if she had called about a missing child that they would of started paperwork at the minimum? Gotten details? MR's number? Things like that to follow up on until MR could get there?

I can't see this SO taking it lightly considering how fast they had search teams, FBI etc., involved.

I truly believe the Feds responded as quickly as they did due to Dylan's cell phone ceasing communications with the area cell tower that previous Sunday night.

MR reported Dylan as being missing that following morning between 7:30 and 11:30 am, But once the cell records were obtained, Law Enforcement realized this was more than just a missing child.

I'm having an awful time with the pages on here loading tonight. Not with my other windows, just on here. Is anyone else having problems?

I do almost every night and a lot of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE