CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the entire time that I was there, NO ONE ever asked ER to take a LDT. No one ever implied that ER should take one, no one ever implied that she should not. It was NOT even known (it was hoped but not known) if DP would ask MR to take one.

That's helpful, thank you. Interesting then too, that MR didn't know. I find it very plausible that MR, after being asked and accused with the main question that he says he doesn't know the answer to, being stressed out enough to drink alcohol. This information reinforces my belief that the DP show was for ratings and not for Dylan.

If no one, including MR knew the poly was going to be offered, that rather reduces the theory that he prepared ahead of time and planned to disqualify the test with his answer of not feeling well.

This wasn't MR's first poly though. He knew he would be asked the pre-questions such as drugs, medication, feeling well & whatever else they ask. He chose to decline the lst day & twice the 2nd day. He made his choice 3 different times (that we know of), I refuse to cut him any slack. Big ole red flag.

This wasn't MR's first poly though. He knew he would be asked the pre-questions such as drugs, medication, feeling well & whatever else they ask. He chose to decline the lst day & twice the 2nd day. He made his choice 3 different times (that we know of), I refuse to cut him any slack. Big ole red flag.

That's fine. Personally, I don't think he should have been on the show at all and I would never recommend a friend or family member of mine to take a poly and especially not on entertainment television.

That's helpful, thank you. Interesting then too, that MR didn't know. I find it very plausible that MR, after being asked and accused with the main question that he says he doesn't know the answer to, being stressed out enough to drink alcohol. This information reinforces my belief that the DP show was for ratings and not for Dylan.

If no one, including MR knew the poly was going to be offered, that rather reduces the theory that he prepared ahead of time and planned to disqualify the test with his answer of not feeling well.

This is not pertinent to the case. But I just need to say that although ratings have to be a concern for the DP show and that may well be why ER and MR were invited to the show, DP seemed truly moved. I got the sense as the show drew to a close, that he might get involved behind the scenes with the resources at his disposal. I don't watch the show, so maybe I was just drawn in by theatrics. But it sure felt like this issue affected DP.

I thought the debate was about Trimarco saying he had never had a mother AND a father refuse to take one. Not just one or the other. My point was that BOTH were not asked by Trimarco or by Dr. Phil to take one. Only Mark was asked and refused. Elaine was not asked to take one for the show. That's all I meant. I think you may have misunderstood what I said, just trying to explain.

Thanks, TxLady. Yes, the discussion was about the mother *and* father. I have an issue with that, and it's important to me. My nose got out of joint because you said the "mother and father" thing didn't matter, but it matters to me, although it has nothing to do with Elaine and whether she was asked to take a poly. Sorry I got snippy.

Dr. Phil's show is the top-rated daytime show. He doesn't need Dylan's case for ratings, and I doubt the case gave him any sort of significant ratings increase. Dr. Phil exposed Dylan's case to over 4 million people who did not know Dylan's story before. Heck, I wish more of the media wanted to "use" Dylan's case simply for ratings because at least there would be more coverage.

Agree to disagree now, about the Dr. Phil show.

Let it go now. It is not necessary to keep pounding away about whether it was a good thing or not.

Salem

PS - I'm going to open a new thread in a minute and this one is going to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike