CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment by Mark Redwine at the start of his interview with MB doesn’t make any sense to me.

<snipped>

“We were inseparable. I mean anywhere I was, Dylan was right there beside me. He would come to me before he would go to his mom. I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career it was very difficult for her to loose sight of the fact that she wasn’t there bonding with Dylan the way I was and I think that was a huge problem for her, and I think that has been a problem for her for a long time now. “

IF what he says is true, then I take it to mean Elaine was working most of the time and he was staying at home with the boys. I have no idea what their situation was like, but this is what I take it to mean. I also don't think it sounds like he is being critical of Elaine, just that she was building her career, more or less supporting the family and that he had more time to spend with Dylan. As I said, that is IF he is telling the truth. Even though that is fairly common these days, I think a lot of people still expect the man to be the one out making the living, working longer hours and earning the bigger paycheck. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.
JMO
JMO

Sweet Hailey has been found. Now it is time for our Dyl to come home! <3

I'm confused. Are the ' new' lake searches over? Are they ' ruling out' the lake? I just read up the last page or 2 of posts and that seems to be what I'm reading. I don't know how one could ever rule out that lake it's so big.

That is a very good question, what does it mean that they haven't found anything in the lake? What is the next step??? The checked on all the spots the dogs alerted on and didn't find anything at any one of those places. If the lake is not producing anything, what is the next move??

I would think that on land, if there was anything there, the vultures would have found it already and alerted LE in their own way. JMO

bbm - sadly I would think that the other wildlife would have found the body on land already. If that's the case, the body could be in several locations and the only clue left would be a backpack with a phone in it. (sorry I hate writing that)

I'm confused. Are the ' new' lake searches over? Are they ' ruling out' the lake? I just read up the last page or 2 of posts and that seems to be what I'm reading. I don't know how one could ever rule out that lake it's so big.

The new lake search is over. According to Elaine in the CBS Denver article and the information in the most recent Pine River Times article, it sounds like the searchers ruled out the "bottom half" of the lake.

I don't think you can ever 100% rule out a body of water that large, because I don't see how you could unless you drained it and sent people in there. So when LE and professional searchers use the term "ruled out" in the case of large bodies of water, I don't think they mean 100%. Maybe 90 or 95 or 99 percent.

Here's what I mean about Elaine in the CBS Denver article the info in the Pine River Times article. I posted it the other day in the Search thread.

I've been mulling this over. First, I need to preface what I'm going to say with this information on what areas of the lake the searchers worked on this week:

Sunday the team was able to get on the water fairly early and spent a large portion of the day scanning near the dam. Hess said the scan picked up something odd on top of the grate that covers the drain for the power plant.

Also on Sunday, law enforcement brought a helicopter from San Juan County, N.M. that flew low over the lake for about an hour. Right now the lake water is low and clear, Hess said. They didn&#8217;t spot anything.

Monday after reviewing the photos of the scans from Sunday, Hess said it was decided that the sonar team would put the ROV (remotely operated vehicle) in the water to see what was on the grate. The ROV equipped with a video camera was launched in the southwest corner of the dam and descended nearly 60 feet to the drain where it discovered large logs, sticks and rocks atop the grate.

The team spent the remainder of the day on the mid eastern portion of the lake that the dogs had highly indicated on, Hess said.

On Tuesday after checking the shoreline where the dogs had indicated &#8220;hard hits,&#8221; law enforcement representatives decided to excavate a portion of the shoreline to make sure something wasn&#8217;t buried.

They began building the coffer dam and the sonar team did additional scans on the water from east to west in that area of the lake before high winds once again drove them back to the marina.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1162

So, looking above at this week's search effort, specifically the areas it entailed, it looks like, according to Elaine, the searchers have ruled out the south and mid-east areas of the lake, and they won't be searching them again.

This week&#8217;s search effort had to be done quickly because even though the ice on the lake has melted, the waters are starting to rise.

Elaine Redwine, Dylan&#8217;s mother, told CBS4 by phone that she considers the effort a success despite the fact that nothing conclusive was found.

She said it allows searchers to rule out that part of the lake as a location for future searches.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/redwine-search-intensifies-at-vallecito-reservoir/

I don't recall hits in what I'm thinking of as the northern "half" of the lake. Based on that, I'm just going to wait to hear from LE if or when they have any concern there's a body in or around the dam.

All just my opinion. :twocents:

I really want to hear from LE what their assessment is of the entire lake and surrounding area. I'd also like to hear from more of the professional searchers who have worked on the lake area searches, both the dog and the sonar people.

All my opinion. :twocents: I have no further links to offer.

I don't think that the lake will ever be ruled out unless Dylan's body is found elsewhere. I do believe that there will come a time when resources and natural limitations won't allow the lake to be searched any longer. There are so many drownings in large bodies of water where it is just impossible to find the body, even when the searchers have a specific and narrow search area. Too many factors such as depth, altitude, weather, current, wind, undergrowth, etc that hinder a search. How many times is it said that they have called off the search and really just have to wait for a body to surface. The NV recovery of the military gentlemen recently is a perfect example - two years - his body never surfaced, it took expert divers and all the perfect factors coming together at once. Luck and skill are two necessary tools. MOO

I'd like to hear more, directly from LE, on this

There are several roads around there, and officials said they wanted to focus on somewhere Redwine may have been able to walk.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/redwine-search-intensifies-at-vallecito-reservoir/

IMO this is a very enigmatic statement. It does not provide a potential starting point or a potential intended destination. It doesn't even specify which Redwine! There are several things I could infer from this but it's not a direct quote and no context is provided. So I sit here and say, "Hmmm."

Are they still planning to search the lake with ROV's as was stated before? Or were they used in this last search?

IF what he says is true, then I take it to mean Elaine was working most of the time and he was staying at home with the boys. I have no idea what their situation was like, but this is what I take it to mean. I also don't think it sounds like he is being critical of Elaine, just that she was building her career, more or less supporting the family and that he had more time to spend with Dylan. As I said, that is IF he is telling the truth. Even though that is fairly common these days, I think a lot of people still expect the man to be the one out making the living, working longer hours and earning the bigger paycheck. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.
JMO
JMO

Elaine said Mark's career had the same effect on him.

Many women stay in abusive relationships because they can't afford to leave or they are too afraid to leave and see no way out but not Elaine.

It's Mark's choice of words that confuse me. How does "one loose sight of the fact"?

In MB's interview with Mark he said he spoke with his divorce attorney on Monday morning because they had filed papers with the Courts in regards to the divorce so why is Mark still filing papers now?

Elaine said the couple's divorce was contentious because of the assets and it looks like it is still dragging on.

Are they still planning to search the lake with ROV's as was stated before? Or were they used in this last search?

They put the ROV down once in the southwest(?) corner on a grate that showed an abnormality on the sonar images after they reviewed them. It was logs, sticks, and rocks sitting on top of the grate.

Link is Pine River Times article linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix