CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waaaayyyy behind...

But I have not heard about this possible connection...

and I would appreciate hearing more...

Mail carrier is or is not MR's girlfriend?

TIA...:seeya:

NOT the same woman. Different names, etc.

:thud:

I've been up on this old fence the whole time .... Now I just don't know what to think......

I just can't even think of why a father would harm his son. And that's why I have been hesitant to believe that MR is responsible for Dylan's disappearance.
But there comes a time where enough is enough , and I'm referring to the poly. .....:waitasec:

Two separate opportunities.
No idea what to think anymore.

My heart breaks for you Dylan!

Re: the part in bold - I know what you mean. And on top of that, obviously the polygrapher was there for at least another hour or two while they finished taping since Dr. Phil thanked him at the end. I'm not sure if MR was still in the building at that time, but if he was, I bet he had way more than 2 opportunities. He may have been specifically asked twice (or 3 times, not sure), but the whole time the polygrapher was there I'm sure MR could've somehow gotten the message to Dr. Phil that he changed his mind and was ready to take the poly.

Is anyone else's webpage lagging tonight? I don't think it's my internet (or my old crappy laptop).

FWIW mine is. Had to log off and back on site. I have an ancient laptop as well but no probs with any other sites. ???

I hope LE received a copy of the whole uncut video of Dr. Phil's show.

Does anyone remember Dr. Phil's comment to Mark - about something seriously wrong with him (Mark) or something like that?

tia

Yep, happens to be one of the direct quotes I saved: "if you're not involved in this, then there's something seriously wrong with you, because your reaction to this... something's wrong."

This is my opinion only based on my own life experience with my parents. Please do not attack me as what I have to say will not be popular.

MR and my dad could be twins. ER and my mom have the same fiery attitude. I recorded both shows and just sat and watched them back to back. Here is what I got from it.

MR:

1. Like my father, MR is narcissistic. He doesn't like to be wrong, to be scolded, told what to do or to be backed into a corner. Those things will just push him away from doing what is right because he is hard wired to believe that no one can force him to do anything, even if it would take away speculation of his involvement. To a person like this they say to others that they know the truth and they don't care if you believe it or not. That however, does NOT make him guilty of harming or hiding his son. He may have a hair trigger temper, as both my father and I have and he may have physically fought with his ex-wives, but that does not mean he killed his child. From the very beginning all blame has been pointed his direction. That's a heavy weight to bear innocent or guilty. From experience I can usually perceive when a narcissist is lying or stretching the truth. I also know the games of master manipulators and I can tell you in my opinion he isn't the only one playing games. I actually would be MORE suspect if he walked in eager TO take the test, because a narcissist will believe they can beat the test whether they are innocent or not.

2. Like my father, MR rarely shows emotion. In fact my own husband is exactly the same way. I married a carbon copy of my dad apparently and that in itself is disconcerting. Regardless, again, this does not mean he is guilty of what he has been accused of. He is the type of person who internalizes everything and rarely if ever shows a glimpse of how he feels. My dad when scared or nervous reacts with anger and authority instead of emotion. I think I've seen him cry once in my entire life. He can be critical, suspicious and cruel but he still loves us and has done whatever he can to make amends for the way he behaved when he was younger and I was a little girl.

ER:

1. In her own way ER is similar only she emits emotion and rage. She reminds me of myself before I started therapy. She puts forth convincing statements with force behind them in an effort to influence others to agree with her line of thinking. I believe she is still furious with Mark over incidences in their marriage and she allows that rage to cloud over any other possibility as to what may have happened to Dylan. I found it very telling when she said "why am I always the one to blame". IMO she is manipulating the situation as much or more by dragging past digressions into the present to show that she was victimized by MR. Because of this I could easily say that either one of them, ER or MR could have taken part in whatever happened with Dylan as a means to get back at one another and prove who has the ultimate control.

So basically my opinion has not changed. Either they are both innocent and Dylan was abducted by someone other than a family member OR one of them HID Dylan for revenge. The only feasible scenario where I could see that MR hurt Dylan is if it were accidental. I realize my opinion and theories are hard to swallow yet since I have lived amongst people with these type of personalities all of my life I feel confident enough with my "gut feeling" to say it's a 50/50 split. I personally do not think either one of them had anything to do with it and I wish they'd stop bickering like school kids and poisoning other family members perceptions with their bitter hatred of each other and do something to find their son together. There's a whole lot of hinky going on in this case but it isn't all coming from MR.

I'm sorry if people do not like that I feel differently about this case and some may feel like I am blind or delusional. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is finding Dylan. So why can't they BOTH put their differences aside and do something productive in finding their son that doesn't involve fundraising etc. I personally feel they are both at fault for the way this case has been handled. It's a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My one fear is if Dylan is hidden than Mark being backed into a corner could make him lash out as he feels like he has nothing to lose at this stage .... :cow:

Yep, happens to be one of the direct quotes I saved: "if you're not involved in this, then there's something seriously wrong with you, because your reaction to this... something's wrong."

I know this will be hugely unpopular, but I am surprised DP would publicly make such a blunt and unprofessional sounding assessment directly to MR - especially if he is suggesting MR has mental health issues.
:moo:

So far I have only watched 20 min of Dr. P, this post will be random landing.... I had a few thoughts about MR just my speculation on him : narcissistic personality disorder, maybe some deviant there too..........moo Going back to watch some more

I know this will be hugely unpopular, but I am surprised DP would publicly make such a blunt and unprofessional sounding assessment directly to MR - especially if he is suggesting MR has mental health issues.

In Dr Phil defence what else is he meant to think ?

He gives Mark the opportunity to clear his name on tv and Mark goes on a drinking binge the night before , its not normal behaviour when you have a polygraph to sit the following morning . This is not the film Flight here :cow:

Mark is the first person to refuse a polygraph on his show who has a child missing - that sums up Mark's behaviour in regards to Dylan and yet he has the audacity to then get upset that Cory hates him... Maybe man up and be a real dad and then you can play the victim . But until then you are in this position because of your own behaviour and don't go blaming anybody but yourself .

All IMO

This is my opinion only based on my own life experience with my parents. Please do not attack me as what I have to say will not be popular.

MR and my dad could be twins. ER and my mom have the same fiery attitude. I recorded both shows and just sat and watched them back to back. Here is what I got from it.

MR:

1. Like my father, MR is narcissistic. He doesn't like to be wrong, to be scolded, told what to do or to be backed into a corner. Those things will just push him away from doing what is right because he is hard wired to believe that no one can force him to do anything, even if it would take away speculation of his involvement. To a person like this they say to others that they know the truth and they don't care if you believe it or not. That however, does NOT make him guilty of harming or hiding his son. He may have a hair trigger temper, as both my father and I have and he may have physically fought with his ex-wives, but that does not mean he killed his child. From the very beginning all blame has been pointed his direction. That's a heavy weight to bear innocent or guilty. From experience I can usually perceive when a narcissist is lying or stretching the truth. I also know the games of master manipulators and I can tell you in my opinion he isn't the only one playing games. I actually would be MORE suspect if he walked in eager TO take the test, because a narcissist will believe they can beat the test whether they are innocent or not.

2. Like my father, MR rarely shows emotion. In fact my own husband is exactly the same way. I married a carbon copy of my dad apparently and that in itself is disconcerting. Regardless, again, this does not mean he is guilty of what he has been accused of. He is the type of person who internalizes everything and rarely if ever shows a glimpse of how he feels. My dad when scared or nervous reacts with anger and authority instead of emotion. I think I've seen him cry once in my entire life. He can be critical, suspicious and cruel but he still loves us and has done whatever he can to make amends for the way he behaved when he was younger and I was a little girl.

ER:

1. In her own way ER is similar only she emits emotion and rage. She reminds me of myself before I started therapy. She puts forth convincing statements with force behind them in an effort to influence others to agree with her line of thinking. I believe she is still furious with Mark over incidences in their marriage and she allows that rage to cloud over any other possibility as to what may have happened to Dylan. I found it very telling when she said "why am I always the one to blame". IMO she is manipulating the situation as much or more by dragging past digressions into the present to show that she was victimized by MR. Because of this I could easily say that either one of them, ER or MR could have taken part in whatever happened with Dylan as a means to get back at one another and prove who has the ultimate control.

So basically my opinion has not changed. Either they are both innocent and Dylan was abducted by someone other than a family member OR one if them HUD Dylan for revenge. The only feasible scenario where I could see that MR hurt Dylan is if it were accidental. I realize my opinion and theories are hard to swallow yet since I have lived amongst people with these type of personalities all of my life I feel confident enough with my "gut feeling" to say it's a 50/50 split. I personally do t think either one of them had anything to do with it and I wish they'd stop bickering like school kids and poisoning other family members perceptions with their bitter hatred of each other do something to find their son together. There's a whole lot if hinky going on in this case but it isn't all coming from MR.

I'm sorry if people do not like that I feel differently about this case and sine may feel like I am blind or delusional. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is finding Dylan So why can't they BOTH put their differences aside and do something productive in finding their son that doesn't invoke fundraising etc. I personally feel they are bith at fault for the way thus case has been handled. It's a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You took the words right out of my mouth.

My father is very similar to what you have described and what I see in MR. I can guarantee that my father would not take a polygraph test for several reasons. A) he won't do what he doesn't understand b) If he knows he hasn't done something wrong he won't put himself in a position where it could be misconstrued that he has.

Everything MR has said and done has been jumped on by EH and now it turns out the entire country it would seem.

I am still in two minds about his guilt and I have watched both episodes. I have read statement analysis of what he has said, yet I do believe that the way he speaks is in his own style. Body language analysis (of which I have studied for awhile) shows to me someone who is telling the truth, or atleast his version of the truth. His palms have remained opened the entire time, his legs in the MB interview were open not crossed and I have not seen body language reflective of someone who is trying to hide something.

When did it become guilty until proven innocent? I feel that it is a sad indictment of society as a whole.

I believe he is holding onto incredible guilt about Dylan being "lost" as EH puts it on his watch.

One thing that has stuck out to me from the interview on DP is when DP asks EH right at the start what she thought when she found out Dylan was missing and her answer was "Mark, Mark did somthing" Now my question about this whole scenario is: If that is the first thought you go to, why was your child there in the first place. My point being is that this is a court ordered custody arrangement. How on earth did any court in the land approve unsupervised, overnight visitation to a man that apparently is violent, controlling, has police reports about "taking" his children without approval from the other parent, and in the words of some a psychopathic narcissist? A person that apparently both children did not like and the first person thought of when something happens.

I don't know and I will eat my words and re-assess my ability to read people if it turns out that MR is guilty.

I am not a DP watcher as a rule, but am confident that he has likely dealt with thousands of people in crisis over his career, and I felt he was being honest (and accurate) in saying that if MR is innocent there is something wrong with him.

IMO, there are many things wrong with him if his behavior, attitudes and priorities are in his mind consistent with a desperate father whose child has been missing for months. It is one thing to have a "stoic" personality and not show emotion, quite another to continually avoid answering questions, smirk and seem to enjoy ER's pain, and constantly bring up things that have nothing to do with his MISSING CHILD.

My father is very similar to what you have described and what I see in MR. I can guarantee that my father would not take a polygraph test for several reasons. A) he won't do what he doesn't understand b) If he knows he hasn't done something wrong he won't put himself in a position where it could be misconstrued that he has.

Everything MR has said and done has been jumped on by EH and now it turns out the entire country it would seem.

I am still in two minds about his guilt and I have watched both episodes. I have read statement analysis of what he has said, yet I do believe that the way he speaks is in his own style. Body language analysis (of which I have studied for awhile) shows to me someone who is telling the truth, or atleast his version of the truth. His palms have remained opened the entire time, his legs in the MB interview were open not crossed and I have not seen body language reflective of someone who is trying to hide something.

When did it become guilty until proven innocent? I feel that it is a sad indictment of society as a whole.

I believe he is holding onto incredible guilt about Dylan being "lost" as EH puts it on his watch.

One thing that has stuck out to me from the interview on DP is when DP asks EH right at the start what she thought when she found out Dylan was missing and her answer was "Mark, Mark did somthing" Now my question about this whole scenario is: If that is the first thought you go to, why was your child there in the first place. My point being is that this is a court ordered custody arrangement. How on earth did any court in the land approve unsupervised, overnight visitation to a man that apparently is violent, controlling, has police reports about "taking" his children without approval from the other parent, and in the words of some a psychopathic narcissist? A person that apparently both children did not like and the first person thought of when something happens.

I don't know and I will eat my words and re-assess my ability to read people if it turns out that MR is guilty.

You would not even believe how often this happens. With all due respect to the judge in their case, many judges who preside over family cases also preside (depending on the county) over other civil cases and criminal cases. Only some counties have special courts that only handle family law cases with judges that are knowledgeable about domestic violence. It is very easy to be an objective party viewing the situation from the outside and see bickering on both sides, and thinks it's a "he said/she said" situation, if you aren't familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence and the use of power and control tactics in intimate partner relationships.
My comment is in no way meant as a criticism of the judge who heard their case, as I have not read any of his rulings and I do not know what evidence was presented to him from which he based his decisions.

Courts too often make judgement errors in favoring the concept that all parents are entitled to see their children. Do we have to go much further than to recall Josh Powell?

Anyone recall offhand

did LE take MR's puters?

I think Mark said....a pair of sweat pants, a samsung phone and HIS ipod...and we saw his trucks being hauled off

so hopefully they looked at them when there or took them and brought them back???

I don't think MR is as smart as he thinks he is. He did a lot of mumbling and stumbling over his words during DP. He is quite the deflector and very manipulative. He doesn't answer questions...deny deny deny. I have been leaning on the MR side of the fence since day one (95%), but this is what keeps me up there (5%). I really think he may be kind of a dummy. I don't think he's smart enough to pull off an abduction or a murder, even if accidental. A part of me thinks if he harmed DR, he would have left a trail of evidence. Or maybe I've fallen for his 'dumb drunk' facade, idk. And if he did and LE missed it all, well that is on them.

Still on the fence. I don't want to think he did this awful thing.
Either way, I hope for his family's sake that they will know what happened sooner instead of later.

I actually agree with you, to the extent that it would be very disturbing if he said something like that to a patient in his practice as a licensed psychologist.JMO
And with that, I'm going to have a Girl Scout cookie and go to bed. Good night, all.

The only thing I saw was somebody making everything about ME, ME, ME. This seems to be a common thing in these cases eh? VERY telling IMO how MR got so worked up about the polygraph and then tried to blame it on the guy giving the test. If he is telling the truth, there is absolutely no reason, IMO, that he should deny the test. If you know you're going to pass, you take it. If you think you might fail, you are hesitant. And then you ask yourself why you think you might fail.

I have no doubt that MR is involved in this. Makes me really angry.

I think at this time DP was referring to how he was the only person to have refused a polygraph. His lack of participation and "me me me" attitude says either he knows something or just doesn't care. That's the feeling I got anyways.

Anyone recall offhand

did LE take MR's puters?

You'd think that would have been covered in the search warrant, but if it was, I haven't heard. The only things I've heard taken were the sweat pants, the samsung phone, MR's ipod, and the nerf ball, and I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. But I am now very curious about the computers, too. All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi