Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #24 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many countries, in news reports, out of concern for being accused of defamation,[7] journalists are generally careful not to identify a suspect as a murderer until the suspect is convicted of homicide. After arrest, for example, journalists may instead write that the person was "arrested on suspicion of murder".

Murder - Wikipedia

OK, so this means we can still have hope that he's been found even though the wording is "suspected murder!" Thank you for that info & hope @The Night Watchman !

So I know Americans elect many of their LE and justice officials, but the cult of personality around this DA Dan May on these forums is kinda creepy. I mean, I'm happy everyone thinks he'll throw the book at LS but I just find it so weird that individuals are such influential public figures.
His work is outstanding, his reputation is earned, he is a brilliant prosecutor, thorough and industrious. That's not cult like, that is the reality.

Reading the quoted comments from the user questioning why Gannon's mother didn't have custody of him was really upsetting. I know the conversation has ended, but for anyone in the future who might be asking such a question - please know that it's hurtful to make such assumptions. Just because a bio-parent doesn't have custody does NOT automatically make them a bad parent, a junkie or anything sinister at all. My mother is a fantastic mother who cared enough for me and my sister to send us to live with my father because she knew that he had the financial means to care for us better. She chose the path that was much, much harder on her emotionally, in order for my sister and me to be afforded better opportunities. The minute that my mother felt she was able to provide more, she went right back to court and she got us back.

To make assumptions about why any parent doesn't have primary custody is extraordinarily hurtful and I hope that others will consider this in the future.
Thank you!!

I am sure she will be extradited. But according to the link below, SC is one of two states that did not adopt the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act so procedures may be a bit different.

Extradition from another state into Colorado - How it works

Re: the DP. Although she's charged before July 1 and technically eligible, I don't think a defense attorney would believe the State would try to get it for TS. So I'm not sure that threat would work. Nor am I sure a jury would award it as a last-time use.
JMO
We have had people here on death row for decades. It wont happen but she should fear it may. Otherwise, may she rest in hell at a super max prison until her dying day.

This one has hit me so hard. I am haunted by his voice on that video. He reminds me so much of my grandson. Heartbroken

I tell myself after every child case no more,but here I am again. I learned quilting helps me to cope with the ugliness,and cruelty of this world. There's just something about making something snuggly for someone else that is so healing.
MOO

I’ve been feeling so helpless, and this just gave me a great idea, to make a special blanket of all of Gannon’s favorite things, colors, etc...to send to Landen. Perhaps the church that is collecting donations will have something like this set up. I’m going to reach out to them.

@10ofRods was ready with the dirty details of LS’s past offenses the second she was arrested. I lost the quote, but hats off to you for having it all ready to go. I’ll have to find the post again to read it all.

There is quite a history there to establish patterns.

Thank you - yes, I've been waiting. Very patiently. I will say that list is one reason I was confident they would eventually charge her.

While she's been "clean" of charges for 9-10 years, I'm guessing her behavior migrated into more devious and hard to detect acts of abuse and transgression.

I also imagine there are way more incidents involving TS's temper and scary behavior, just not reported. I also believe that family members (including AS and LH) know a heckuva lot about her and her typical behavior.

I will be very surprised if TS's daughter wasn't interviewed more than once and I am guessing TS has blabbed a lot, not just to her daughter, but to many others. All of those "private" FB messages...lordomighty, they may have a ton of stuff on her.

I bet the rental car's geotag data was relevant, too (and her admission in public of being the one who rented it, etc, might have helped - they already knew she paid for it, but she goes and admits she was driving it during that 28 hour period - and I also bet AS's information about that car contradicted TS's).

I wonder if the found objects (by the side of the road, such as a piece of wood and some piece of clothing) came into play. I feel they are very close to finding Gannon.

I was shaking and excited when the arrested news first broke!!
Then seeing all Gannon's Pictures going through the twitter feed I've been overcome with sadness and my heart breaks for his family.
The arrest has made it even more real and sinister :(

Okay, so TS has been arrested at least 15 times (some of these when she was quite young). Of these, several are violent and there are convictions. It looks like she pleaded to lesser charges on most of them.

These include Domestic Violence, Simple Assault, False Bomb Thread and others. It sounds to me as if she may have stalked and threatened her previous spouse.

This is why I kept saying there was more to her dismissal and removal of her license in SC. Usually, schools choose the most straightforward way of firing/removing a license, rather than get in a long drawn-out legal battle. People get hired to teach (probationary) with no one in HR getting criminal records, but once at a school, it's a rare principal that doesn't immediately look up an employee's records if there are any problems. And judging just from her criminal record, she has had constant problems.

Her last known arrest that I can find was in 2010, so she was in her mid-20's. Criminal Domestic Violence (no conviction, looks to be an open charge, statute has probably run).

I have reason to believe she may also have interacted with military police. She can't control herself. With 15 arrests for mostly violent offenses (including a conviction for destruction of property), she has obviously had more than one outburst in her life.

Can we now talk about the carpet video??

Wow, you can do all that and still GET a teaching license? Must be hurtin' for teachers down there.

OK, so this means we can still have hope that he's been found even though the wording is "suspected murder!" Thank you for that info & hope @The Night Watchman !
This is helpful! I just had this conversation with a friend. I told her I wasn't sure if it was worded that way because innocent until convicted or if it was really a suspicion charge.

Stopping to breath for a minute and saying a prayer above all that Gannon is found. I believe that this weekend's searches lead to enough evidence for TS's arrest, but "suspected murder" doesn't sound like they've found his body yet.

Please find Gannon!!
YES YES YES!
The arrest is HUGE and the first big step.
Now, Gannon, where are you, little buddy? We need to get you back to your mama and daddy and little sisters.

My head hurts. Relief, yet disgust and extreme sadness. Deep sadness. Tears.
SO many lives ruined. G-Man's life, gone. His mom and dad and sisters' lives will NEVER be the same. EVER.
TS's daughter's life, ruined.
WHY be so selfish and ugly and vile and horrible????

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — A family spokesperson said the stepmother of Gannon Stauch, the 11-year-old boy who disappeared more than a month ago, was arrested.

The family spokesperson said Leticia Stauch was arrested in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina facing charges of first-degree murder.

Leticia said she last saw Gannon between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Jan. 27 heading to a friend’s home in their suburban El Paso County neighborhood.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said there will be a press conference at noon today in Colorado Springs to make a “major announcement”. We will stream it here and on FOX31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cluesearcher