GUILTY CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #70

Yes it was Kansas.

[…]

On Friday, jurors were shown a roughly 20-minute video of an incident involving Stauch, which they referred to as an escape attempt that happened on I-70 in Kansas as they traveled an estimated 75 mph. They were in an unmarked van.
"Ms. Stauch was already suspected of murder, and she assaulted a deputy who was armed and attempted to obtain her firearm," said Jessica Bethel, who was a detective with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

[…]

HAH. Thought so. Guess she gets to experience their hospitality after all, then. And they'll know from that incident what she's capable of.

MOO

Dad, AS, had a second interview on Jan 28, 2020, with El Paso County Detectives-- following the initial Starbucks interview with both LS and AS.

FYI -- Part 1 (allegedly not previously released) was released on Friday, and Part 2 is being released at 5:30 pm MT today. Sorry, the YTuber is not WS-approved. MOO

ETA: The interview at Starbucks was not recorded and detectives requested the couple come to El Paso County PD for 2nd recorded interview -- LS did not show up so this interview is with only AS.

Last edited:
Speaking of escape risk, which state was she in when she tried to take out the transport team with a can of Monster? Was it Kansas? It's been so long, I've forgotten, and US states aren't my strong point.

MOO
She was in Kansas -- just about 30 minutes from where I live. She was on I-70 near Salina. I remember waking up the next morning and then finding out she'd been housed in the Saline Co jail overnight. It was a crazy feeling. I really hate having her back in my state. LOL

Happy birthday, Gannon. He’d have been 15 today
I bet he'd be absolutely nuts about the newest Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom, like my nephews are right now. They're thirteen and nearly eleven.

I committed to playing more of Zelda: Breath of the Wild because of Gannon. I'd had it for years, and despite having an amazing hardcover walkthrough guide book, I'd made little progress. Yesterday, I defeated three key bosses, and I'm in the middle of the quest for the last. The major story boss, and the end of the game, is in my sights. It was my birthday recently, and I bought Tears of the Kingdom and the big beautiful walkthrough guide to match as a double birthday Christmas gift for myself. I would have been hesitant to spend the money on it a few months ago, just in case I didn't play it enough. I wasn't hesitant, though. Just happy and excited. And it's all because of Gannon, and in his honour. I always think of him when I pick up my Switch to play it. His case changed me, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I try to find joy in games today the way he obviously did, the way I have at various times throughout my life but sometimes struggle to capture.

I hope that on his birthday his parents were able to reflect on his life and their love for him with as much joy as possible. He should still be here, and no court justice could ever change that. I wish them comfort, and a measure of peace.

MOO

[…]

Finding an artist willing to paint the mural turned out to be fairly easy.

Several people in the group reached out to local muralist and tattoo artist Paes 164. Paes, a San Antonio native who has been living and working in Colorado Springs since 2005, was more than happy to take on the project.

“I told them, ‘Find a wall and find the paint, and I would love to do it,’” he said.

A Montana couple provided the funding for the paint. So #JusticeForGannon had the funding and the artist. All it needed was the space for the mural. That process took a little longer, according to Radke.

“We were really picky,” she said. “We wanted a good place for Gannon, something that would be positive and really visible.”

When the group settled on a wall next to a downtown business, Radke asked David Fernholz, owner of In-Sight Optical, for permission to use the space.

“He was thrilled and honored to be a part of this,” Radke said.

Paes said he was pleased with the size and visibility of the wall, which is located on Pikes Peak Avenue between Tejon Street and Cascade Avenue.

“This is a great wall,” he said. “I’m glad they found such a great spot for this.”

[…]

0128CE97-0708-477B-8DA5-CA94E994DEA6.jpeg

[…]

Landen Bullard, Gannon’s mother, wanted the mural to be bright and colorful, with a positive message, Radke said.

“(Landen) knows the world is hard right now, and obviously she’s been through the worst of it,” Radke said. “She wanted the mural to be a message of love and positivity.”

The finished product will feature the words, “Love one another,” a celebratory message rather than a mournful one, Radke said.

“He was a very loving, caring, forgiving, happy and kind child,” Radke said. “Landen wanted a mural that would reflect that.”

Bullard said she has been heartened by the outpouring of support from #JusticeForGannon and the Colorado Springs community.

“It’s just been a breathtaking, generous process,” said Bullard, who spoke with Paes on Sunday. “This artist took the time to do this, on a Sunday, not for himself, but for my son, and for the community.”

[…]

1AE911C6-B46A-4AA7-81E6-F9F51B29DD4C.jpegDBA0BD38-92E0-443D-9991-3BBFCE4EA49A.jpeg

"Someone had said, 'Hey someone should do a mural for Gannon.' So, I commented with a little GIF like 'Hey I'll do it,' and just went from there," said PAES 164, the artist of the mural. "They hunted around town, found the right wall, got some funding for paint, I donated my time and totally jumped on it for sure."

F31C24F9-B24E-4B8C-AE20-A3727454A674.jpeg

Downtown mural for Gannon Stauch to be unveiled Sunday​

Oct 23, 2023 / 06:37 PM MDT
(COLORADO SPRINGS) — A mural unveiling will be held in Downtown Colorado Springs on Sunday, Oct. 29, and the community is invited to attend.

The mural honors the life of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, whose disappearance and murder in 2020 sparked community-wide response and heartache.

The mural features an explosion of bright colors, including Gannon’s favorite blue outlining his angel wings, with the words “Love One Another #GannonStrong.”

[…]

The community is invited to attend the unveiling of the completed mural at 11:11 a.m. on Sunday at 12 Pikes Peak Avenue. An emotional support dog from Hope Animal-Assisted Crisis Response will also be in attendance for anyone in need of comfort.

So, where is Letecia? There was news they moved her to Kansas, but Kansas doesn't have her listed among inmates.
Department of Corrections confirms Letecia Stauch was incarcerated in Kansas last time this article was updated at 10:45 a.m.
^^rsbm

Reportedly, in August-- LS was in KS at least overnight. Whether or not this was a stop over while traveling to her final destination or if KS was the ultimate destination remains unknown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back